Rapid Spaceback Review

He's spot on about the voice activation thing. On my 24 hour test drive that woman was a low level, but significant irritation, forever banging on about the phone not being connected every time I got in.......

forever banging on about the phone not being connected every time I got in.......

I'd actually find that quite useful, I often forget to pick my phone up when leaving work :( As it is, my Rapid only wants to interrupt my music to tell me that the phone is connected (which is the kind of thing you quickly learn to ignore to the point of not realising it didn't do it when you do forget your phone).

So a Skoda is a Skoda is a Skoda, much the same as Chris Evans is Chris Evans, a bit of a Knob if you ask me !! Why get someone who is never going to buy a particular type of car to test drive it?,may as well ask a vegan to review a steakhouse !!

• Like 2

Jermey Clarkson style review - ie. 50% unrelated claptrap and the rest about the car.

He seems to quite like it though, first time I've seen anyone say the car is cheaper than he thought it should be!

A couple of points:

- Rear lights are not LED but I can see why he would think they are

- His main criticm seems to be the "unneccesary options" which is a bit weird. They're options! You don't have to have them...

He seems to quite like it though, first time I've seen anyone say the car is cheaper than he thought it should be!

I had the same thought, what he seems to be saying is "this is an alright car, but.... it's a Skoda, so I'm not allowed to actually like it".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have to agree with you Toon. I tried to listen to him after Moyles left radio 1, but could only bear 15 minutes of him.

I don't think his review is a one I can base on. Must admit I am looking into getting a Spaceback, but the Rapid Connect looks great value for money

thats not a car review, it's just space filler that the author probably got paid far too much to write.

Indeed. I wouldn't trust a word in a paper that thinks it's acceptable to fraudulently obtain help from a food bank for a 'story', amongst other appalling behaviour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608606/No-ID-no-checks-vouchers-sob-stories-The-truth-shock-food-bank-claims.html

Quite an amusing report of a friend taking on the DM when they used one of his video clips without permission...

http://www.croydoncyclist.co.uk/video-copyright-and-the-daily-mail-from-50-to-1000/

That is an absolutely fantastic read - nice one to your friend Gaz and his success at taking on this evil paper and it's sleazy website.

I had the same thought, what he seems to be saying is "this is an alright car, but.... it's a Skoda, so I'm not allowed to actually like it".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

nice car.but not worth 20k.

• 2 weeks later...

Jermey Clarkson style review - ie. 50% unrelated claptrap and the rest about the car.

A couple of points:

- Rear lights are not LED but I can see why he would think they are

- His main criticm seems to be the "unneccesary options" which is a bit weird. They're options! You don't have to have them...

The difference is Clarkson's unrelated claptrap is usually funny.