HID H7 Kits for Fabia with Projector Headlights

Consider it a group install lol.

Ordered my lamp holders yesterday about 2 in the afternoon mate, so was dead surprised to see them on the floor today. Just came on to check the polarities of spade clips as the kit I have differs in colour. Ballasts held in sound but I've only just managed to get the drivers side bulb out. All I can say is.... Blasted filter is getting on my nerves. Anyone with a diesel, you may want to grab a torx socket to move the filter out the way. My tools are in a work container in Culdrose :(

• Like 2

It should say on a little tag on the bulb what colour it is

You boys are excited arent you! Haha

no tags on my bulb at all Taylor.

i rang them and they said if i have ordered a 5000k HID Kit it will be a 5000K HID kit. they get a kit from the supplier with 6000k highlighted and all they do is change the bulbs out for whatever the buyer requires..

On the side of my box where it lists the different type of bulbs and temperatures, they have shaded in "H7" red and theres a sticker on the colour temps somebody had stuck on and wrote 5000k. So it seems they do have to change the bulbs over from 6000k. Makes sense as the product is set to default at 6000k on the site.

Can't get my new holders to go in, can't understand why either. Original ones fit perfect but new ones just wont sit in.

Consider it a group install lol.

Ordered my lamp holders yesterday about 2 in the afternoon mate, so was dead surprised to see them on the floor today. Just came on to check the polarities of spade clips as the kit I have differs in colour. Ballasts held in sound but I've only just managed to get the drivers side bulb out. All I can say is.... Blasted filter is getting on my nerves. Anyone with a diesel, you may want to grab a torx socket to move the filter out the way. My tools are in a work container in Culdrose :(

wow that was quick!!

hopefully mine will be at home when i get in, if not i'll be pretty gutted as i want to get these fitted while the weather isnt too bad.

On the side of my box where it lists the different type of bulbs and temperatures, they have shaded in "H7" red and theres a sticker on the colour temps somebody had stuck on and wrote 5000k. So it seems they do have to change the bulbs over from 6000k. Makes sense as the product is set to default at 6000k on the site.

Can't get my new holders to go in, can't understand why either. Original ones fit perfect but new ones just wont sit in.

maybe get the old ones chopped up and fitted instead of faffing on with the new ones?

Mine do not have a sticker on the outside, or any indication of the bulbs on the inside. i hope to god these are the 5000k set i ordered and not a 6000K set! :(

The spade connectors just fit straight into the block connector on the existing wires of the car, the existing red and black wires go to the HID red wire and the two brown existing wires go to the HID black wire....See pic.

I used a hack saw to cut my holders, pliers were no use.

I haven't really hidden the ballasts, couldn't be bothered and didn't see the point. Never had a problem with warranty work before.

20140424_193752_View%20Rd_zpsn9zapro2.jp          

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

what bolt was used here? 

is it lying around the bay not in use?

if not i'll have to get one from B&Q as i dont have any tools or spares up here (minus a screwdriver set) :(

Id use a local engineering company if possible. Theyll charge pence.

B&q is always a las resort for me haha. Rip off merchants.

Hey, one of us works there for a living you know!  :giggle: It's fine, I have 20% discount, so it's almost as low as retail prices.

Edit: In other news, i'm giving up for today! That filter needs moving and I haven't got the tools and refuse to buy a socket for it before my tools get back next week. Also, both the places jonro has used are actually taken up in the diesel.

Starting to think maybe some bright Philips would be good. Any suggestions on the best brightest bet apart from HID?  :sweat:

Edited by iSamage
  • Like 1

Id use a local engineering company if possible. Theyll charge pence.

B&q is always a las resort for me haha. Rip off merchants.

I literally wouldnt know where to start with that one. yeah im not a fan of paying 60p per bolt haha...

just a quick one, what thread do you think that bolt would be, so im not stood for hours trying to guess what would fit, 

like when a terminal bolt broke on my C1! :/ still didnt have the right size so had to cable tie the terminal to the battery!! BODGE.

Hey, one of us works there for a living you know! :giggle: It's fine, I have 20% discount, so it's almost as low as retail prices.

Edit: In other news, i'm giving up for today! That filter needs moving and I haven't got the tools and refuse to buy a socket for it before my tools get back next week. Also, both the places jonro has used are actually taken up in the diesel.

Starting to think maybe some bright Philips would be good. Any suggestions on the best brightest bet apart from HID? :sweat:

Dont back out at such an early stage. Mount them anywhere for today, air filter or anythin, then go for a drive later. See what you think? :).

Ooo its alright for you then haha. Iv got a trade card, but it rarely works on anything. Not even things the trade use, like a tool box, plumbing fittings or plaster. Its a waste of time really haha.

I literally wouldnt know where to start with that one. yeah im not a fan of paying 60p per bolt haha...

just a quick one, what thread do you think that bolt would be, so im not stood for hours trying to guess what would fit,

like when a terminal bolt broke on my C1! :/ still didnt have the right size so had to cable tie the terminal to the battery!! BODGE.

I know yeah! Haha. Hmm m8 or m6 or something like that at a guess. Its hard to say without seeing it.

Its abit awkward isnt it. Ask if you can drive your car into b&q? Or maybe itd be easier if you asked to take a bolt out with you. Iv done it before haha.

I know yeah! Haha. Hmm m8 or m6 or something like that at a guess. Its hard to say without seeing it.

Its abit awkward isnt it. Ask if you can drive your car into b&q? Or maybe itd be easier if you asked to take a bolt out with you. Iv done it before haha.

i reckon i will just buy an M6, M8 & M10 bolt and keep the others as spares :)

cheers btw.

i reckon i will just buy an M6, M8 & M10 bolt and keep the others as spares :)

cheers btw.

That will be a total of £25.47 at the checkout please ;).

Im lucky. My best mates an engineer, so i get him to Say what size it is, then nick it from work for me haha.

• Like 1

Starting to think maybe some bright Philips would be good. Any suggestions on the best brightest bet apart from HID? :sweat:

Tired that and don't bother...! Spent over £100 on deferent sets as none are as bright and have nice Xenon look as quoted hence why I started this topic....;)

• Like 1

so which ones do you have or recommend? do I need the holders? could you pop some links up please

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jonro posted a link to the holders on the first page. You dont need them, but its easier with them.

I got my kit from hidsdirect. Mine are the 35w 5000k terminator canbus error free kit. About £58 without discount

• Like 1

so which ones do you have or recommend? do I need the holders? could you pop some links up please

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

All links for the parts required and kits some of the members bought are o Pages 1 and 2 of this thread...;)

• Like 1

Dont back out at such an early stage. Mount them anywhere for today, air filter or anythin, then go for a drive later. See what you think? :).

Ooo its alright for you then haha. Iv got a trade card, but it rarely works on anything. Not even things the trade use, like a tool box, plumbing fittings or plaster. Its a waste of time really haha.

It's not the ballast that is the problem, like I said they were both sides secure on the slam panel already at this stage. It's the bulb. For some reason I just can't get these new holders to twist in to the projector socket. It's just warped the one that I tried - whenever it feels like "oh maybe it's in now" it just falls back out again!  :wall:

Earlier comment on finding a decent halogen revoked. I know this is what I want just can't get it done  :giggle:

• Like 3

Tired that and don't bother...! Spent over £100 on deferent sets as none are as bright and have nice Xenon look as quoted hence why I started this topic.... ;)

I will never bother with normal bulbs again, theyre terrible, i even was conned into the halfords 100% brighter bulbs (£20 each but it was buy one get one free!) i've tried cheap £2 bulbs all the way through to proper sorted phillips bulbs.

I then got a car with xenons as standard and was amazed. its like driving during the day but at night, especially if you have xenon dipped and main beam!!

now im back to ****ty halogen bulbs with the fabia, terrible visibility, almost lethal, it should be standard fit like airbags that cars come with xenons!

Now im converting my fabia to HID dipped and i bet thats just as good as the halogens with the main beams on!!

I kept thinking that, but the grommet is already on with the wires running through. To do that would mean ripping off the plugs, pulling them through the grommet, putting the original holder on then rewiring the plugs back on. But I don't really think that's the best way to go... depends how easy it would be.

It's not the ballast that is the problem, like I said they were both sides secure on the slam panel already at this stage. It's the bulb. For some reason I just can't get these new holders to twist in to the projector socket. It's just warped the one that I tried - whenever it feels like "oh maybe it's in now" it just falls back out again! :wall:

Earlier comment on finding a decent halogen revoked. I know this is what I want just can't get it done :giggle:

Be patient and it will all be fine...:)

• Like 1

Unless I cut snips in the grommet, to get the wires out and then put the bulb holder on that way. As long as I don't cut between two holes the gromment should stay in one piece and be held together by the piece inbetween the holes. It seems quite strong rubber....

• Like 1

I kept thinking that, but the grommet is already on with the wires running through. To do that would mean ripping off the plugs, pulling them through the grommet, putting the original holder on then rewiring the plugs back on. But I don't really think that's the best way to go... depends how easy it would be.

The grommet is rubber, the wires just slip in and out. Its a 5 min job mate

The grommet is rubber, the wires just slip in and out. Its a 5 min job mate

Yarp, but that would mean either removing the connectors on one side or the wiring from the xenon bulb on the other. To actually get the wire through and out free from the grommet ;)

As I said above I might just snip the gromment and grab the wires out... It should still do its job, right? If not, duct tape.