Octavia tweaks including LED number plate lights & DRL dimming

Hopefully Andy will add these to the main O3 VCDS tweaks section, some maybe duplicated and some are variations on the ones already listed.

Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

Number plate LED adaptation (installed std NON canbus down-facing 501’s) 

(1)-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25 from 18 - 2* 5W to LED Lichtmodul

DRL led light bar dimming when indicating

(16)Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2 from "not active" to "Blinken links aktiv beide Phasen

(18)Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert GH 2 from “0” to “35” (20 or less will disable the light bar during indicating) Mine is set to 30

(19)Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2 from "maximise" to "minimize" 

(16)Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 auf "not active" to "Blinken rechts aktiv beide Phasen

(18)Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3 from “0” to “35” (20 or less will disable the light bar during indicating) Mine is set to 30

(19)Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3 from "maximise" to "minimize" 

DRL Doesn’t dim on side light, but does dim on low beam - only when ignition is on (returns to normal when ign off)

(4)-Daytime running lights-Parking light activates additionally daytime running lights from not active to Active

Fog lights -  Mine are set so the outer bulbs are cornering lights and they all come on with low beam at 18% brightness, I do have 30w cree led replacement bulbs which is why the dimming is so low, they look awesome though (parking light brightness)

Outer Left (function 1) = (5)-Leuchte8FL LB39-Lichtfunktion B 8 from Inactive to Abbiegelicht links (Cornering left)
Outer right (function 1) = (5)-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion B 9 from inactive to Abbiegelicht recuts (Cornering right)

Inner left (function 1) = (5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B 12 from inactive to ABBLENDLICHT links  (Low beam left)                      
Brightness of inner left Func 1 = (6)-Leuchte12NL LB45-dimmerwert AB 12 to 18%

Inner right (function 1) = (5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B 13 from inactive to ABBLENDLICHT recuts (Low beam right)  
Brightness of inner right Func 1 = (5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-dimmerwert AB 13 to 18%

Outer left (function 2) = (8)-Leuchte8FL LB39-Lichtfunktion C 8 – from Inactive to ABBLENDLICHT links   (Low beam left)

Brightness of outer left F2 = (10)-Leuchte8FL LB39-Dimmwert CD 8 - change to 18%

Outer Right (function 2) = (8)-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion C 9 – from inactive to ABBLENDLICHT rechts  (Low beam right)

Brightness of outer right F2 = (10)-Leuchte9FL RB2-Dimmwert CD 9 - change to 18%

Foglights as coming home/leaving home lights

(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten - change from “ABBLENDLICHT” to “Nebellicht)” (Foglight)

On my car This does NOT swap low beam to fog lights, but uses FOG lights as well. (any suggestions how this could be done would be great)

US front indicator running lights when low beam is on

(9)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Lichtfunktion D 0 (Left indicator) from Nickt Activ to ABBLENDLICHT links
(10)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Dimmwert CD 0 – Brightness from 0% to 30%
(9)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Lichtfunktion D 1 (Right indicator) from Nickt Activ to ABBLENDLICHT rechts
(10)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Dimmwert CD 1 – Brightness from 0% to 30%

This next bit ensures when you are indicating the bulb goes on/off and not on/30% brightness

(12) Leuchte0BLK B36 VL E0 from “not active” to blinken links dunkelphase (blinking left  dark phase)

(15) Leuchte0BLK VL B36-Dimming Direction EF 0 Adjust value from “maximise” to “minimize”

(12) Leuchte1BLK VRB20 E 1 from “not active” to blinken rechts dunkelphase (blinking left dark phase)

(15) Leuchte1BLK VRB20 dimming Direction EF 1 Adjust value from “maximise” to “minimize”

Rear lights on permamently (no number plate lights)

(9)-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D 23 from "not active" to "daytime running lights"
(9)-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D 24 from "not active" to "daytime running lights"

TWEAKS I WOULD LIKE (if anyone can help)

1. The coding for the front fog lights (all 4) to be coded as LED's to save me adding resistors to stop bulb failure warning

2. Hill Hold Control, the ability to increase the time it holds automatically for, standard is around 2 seconds

3. Coming home / leaving home lights to work in the "0" light switch position (if this can be done then forget number 4)

4. Permanent dash (clocks) illumination, I know you can set tail, DRL and clock illumination on all the time but this leaves the side light illumination on the light switch.  The problem with this is I can't see when the lights are in auto position if the headlights have actually been turned on.

Thanks all

Edited by xpower
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4. Permanent dash (clocks) illumination, I know you can set tail, DRL and clock illumination on all the time but this leaves the side light illumination on the light switch.  The problem with this is I can't see when the lights are in auto position if the headlights have actually been turned on.

When on auto and the lights have switched on automatically the little symbol in the sidelight position lights up as this is the symbol to say the lights are on.....

• Like 1

I know but if you program tail, LED DRL and instrument illumination all as day running lights, that little green light on the switch stays on permanently whether the low beam is on or not. So you don't know whether the autolights have switched on the low beam or not.

I don't think that the time of hill start assist can be adjusted but the link below changes the early, normal, late settings and thus late holds for longer (although my translation may be out!)

http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/skoda-octavia-iii-5e/berganfahrassistent.php

I don't think that the time of hill start assist can be adjusted but the link below changes the early, normal, late settings and thus late holds for longer (although my translation may be out!)

http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/skoda-octavia-iii-5e/berganfahrassistent.php

Thanks, I had seen that but wasn't sure if the early, normal, late was the time it held for or how much it would "hold on to" the brakes as you tried to pull away.

My friend has a passat and that is great as it has no time limit on the HHC, it holds on whilst your on a hill indefinately until you pull away. (not using the electric handbrake either)

My friend has a passat and that is great as it has no time limit on the HHC, it holds on whilst your on a hill indefinately until you pull away. (not using the electric handbrake either)

That is not great at all IMO. I prefer it the way it is so you can back up down a slope if needed without the need to engage reverse gear. Very useful for parallel parking on a hill. Used it this way many times.

• Like 2

You can do it at all time or only when the side lights are on or only when the headlights are on it's up to you.

Ref the legal side I *think* that they can be classed as additional marker lights and as long as they don't impair the function or distract from the look of the current marker light you are ok.

Thing is you are ADDING a marker light not MODIFYING an existing marker light.

I did an Audi A4 recently and the side light was in the indicator housing so that would have affected you seeing the original side light CLEARLY so it was a no no.

The choice is yours as always :-D

Edited by xpower

I'll add these at the weekend. Thinking of unlocking that thread anyway as I don't have time to maintain it really, what do you think?

I really wanted a thread that only certain members could post to, but apparently that wasn't an option so had to do a locked thread instead.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

I'll add these at the weekend. Thinking of unlocking that thread anyway as I don't have time to maintain it really, what do you think?

I really wanted a thread that only certain members could post to, but apparently that wasn't an option so had to do a locked thread instead.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

It is good having a dedicated VCDS tweaks page so unlocking it may just clog it up, like you say shame you can't unlock it for a small group to modify it :-(

I'm still trawling through the adaptations trying various things so I will post up items as I find them. Any ideas on my 4 item wish list :-)?

Edited by xpower

I'd have to have a trawl through, but setting the fogs as LEDs should be similar to the number plate lights as LEDs

Dash clock illumination I haven't seen a way of doing that. Same for the coming home. HHC - I've only seen the setting for how aggressive it is.

My car is currently back to factory coding as it has been hooked up to the factory a couple of times recently to diagnose my Start Stop issues. After the last software update the error hasn't returned, so I might start tweaking again in a week or so :) thought it best to revert to standard before it went in so they didn't blame me or refuse to investigate etc.

I spotted this article in Autobild a little while ago - might be of some use for coding / adaptations of lights using vcds:

post-88382-0-18488700-1398460905_thumb.jpg

Edited by Black_Sheep
  • Like 1

I spotted this article in Autobild a little while ago - might be of some use for coding / adaptations of lights using vcds:

Helps with the translations :-)

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to have full brightness drl with dipped beam does anyone know?

P

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Hopefully not as you'll blind the crap out of oncoming traffic....

I wouldn't have thought the drl are bright enough to be blinding? Ie if I drove along at night with only drls on would they be blinding?

P

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

They'd be pretty bad, just think how bright they need to be to be visible on a summers day.