Uni royal Rainsport 3s

seen the state of a set of RS3's after a few laps at Combe yesterday. Bloody crap IMO.

Depends on conditions/car/driver. The Leon's PS3/PC5's end up doing laps on a drift car when they hit 2mm, they manage a handful of laps at best, they still do 10-12k of spirited road use well enough. Same with wet weather bike tyres vs a road legal cut slick, in anything less than a downpour they bobble up very quickly and overheat as the blocks move and don't get cooled.

I'm not saying RS3's are good or bad but forming an opinion on a tyre based on someone else doing a few laps of Combe probably isn't the best way to make up your mind.

Edited by Avalon
  • Like 1

Depends on conditions/car/driver. The Leon's PS3/PC5's end up doing laps on a drift car when they hit 2mm, they manage a handful of laps at best, they still do 10-12k of spirited road use well enough. Same with wet weather bike tyres vs a road legal cut slick, in anything less than a downpour they bobble up very quickly and overheat as the blocks move and don't get cooled.

I'm not saying RS3's are good or bad but forming an opinion on a tyre based on someone else doing a few laps of Combe probably isn't the best way to make up your mind.

I took mine round Combe back in september, track/ ambient  temp was warmer, the RS2's I had on then were nowhere near as bad as what the chaps RS3's looked like after.

Mine were, and still are, road legal today. (I did have winters on from nov-early march) There's still ~5mm tread on what were the fronts at Combe. I suspect the chaps RS3's are now no longer roadworthy.

I just fitted some Vredestein Ultrac Cento's. Very quiet,deep tread and so far are absolutely excellent. Highly recommended imo and this was also from a very good friend that is a tyre fitter for a living. Lovely tyre wall design too, very bling :-)