TRACK - Summer Action Day @ Castle Combe 13th Sept 2014

devonutopia

Love it mate :D

She is a smoker but glad a fair few of you are taking it in the spirit its intended, abit of fun ;)

Its amazing how much grip that yeti has.

Think I need to have a passenger ride in a car that has LSD fitted to see if it will make that much difference. Wont be anywhere near as good as the 4x4 in the yeti but you could carry alot more speed through the corners !!

Saying that even the "lesser" powered cars could shoot out the corners leaving me standing lol. Straight line speed ftw :rofl:

Your welcome to come out in mine any time mate. So long as it's not blowing holes in boost pipes :D
  • Like 1

Firstly thanks to Jason for organising the Briskoda presence at Forge, well done mate.

Secondly I apologise again for not actually having a skoda and I am really really sorry for going on track with you....I had a pass for another club but on the way down, Josh kindly donated me his track and stand pass. I hope I didn't offend anyone by having a ford on the stand or track.

Thanks to Barrie for lending me his tools and his missus for minding my grub whilst out on track.

Nice one Carl for taking snaps, I'll email you requesting some pics?!

On track; well the car wasn't ready and neither was I. My track experience is fairly limited and the car needed brakes and tyres (road legal, just not track ready). Gave me a good chance to feel what other mods the car needs.

Yeah that was naughty, I thought it was my fault but someone else on the Briskoda stand did say that it was close and I was in the right.FORG1309141256_zps2082a340.jpg

It's nice to see a bit of variety on the track. I certainly had fun chasing you down :)
  • Like 1

Thanks Charile, may have to take you up on that next time if I haven't had one fitted already lol ;)

To be honest I like that fact its not all skodas. The important part for me is that we all sort of know each other, so respect out on track I would imagine is a little higher than some sessions :thumbup:

• Like 3

Yeah that was naughty, I thought it was my fault but someone else on the Briskoda stand did say that it was close and I was in the right.

That was the result of you turning in on me as I was overtaking! :)

They made a point of saying use your mirrors in the briefing for a reason! ;)

I was way faster than you out of the esses,you went right over to the left of the track so I went to overtake on the right,got about half way along side you and you started to come back across towards the right,I backed off and braked and turned further towards the grass when you then spotted me out of the corner of your eye and went back towards the left.

By this time I had lost alot of speed and we ended up in paddock corner at the same time.

Racing incident will cover this!!  :D

That was the result of you turning in on me as I was overtaking! :)

They made a point of saying use your mirrors in the briefing for a reason! ;)

I was way faster than you out of the esses,you went right over to the left of the track so I went to overtake on the right,got about half way along side you and you started to come back across towards the right,I backed off and braked and turned further towards the grass when you then spotted me out of the corner of your eye and went back towards the left.

By this time I had lost alot of speed and we ended up in paddock corner at the same time.

Racing incident will cover this!!  :D

Ok mate.

You're right, they did say check the mirrors, they also say no over taking in corners.

• Like 1

Ok mate.

You're right, they did say check the mirrors, they also say no over taking in corners.

Not wanting to fuel the fire, or put blame 1 way or the other, as I didn't see what happened.

But....

Old Paddock bend isn't a corner and therefore you are allowed to overtake through it, there is a green overtaking with a tick sign as you come upto it.

• Like 2

Ok mate.

As above,as you leave the Esses there is a green board on the side saying 'overtaking' with a big 'tick' on it ;)

No biggey,you didn't look in your mirror :)

On a slightly more lighthearted note it is amusing that it has the word "bend" in the name but isn't actually a corner in terms of the no overtaking rule.

I had a similar thing last time out when Sparkly swept across to take the inside line at Folly which is also a slight bend you are allowed to overtake on.

We ended up going round there side by side and both got a bit of a scare.

It's just one of the things you have to keep an eye on.

With the benefit of experience I tend to hang back now and just make sure before I go for it.

This time people did stay left and give me space, so I did overtake through Old Paddock Bend.

• Like 2

I admit i overtook in a no overtaking zone I think. It was the only way I was getting past Mark and his 371 BHP. Couldn't do it on the straights so I did it safely under braking. It is difficult on track days where there are drivers with different capabilities. Sometimes I think we forget it's just a couple of taster sessions !

• Like 2

Time to name and shame....

....or is it going to be a competition at the next mega megameet?

Love you to Bryan!

Seriously ****ed off that I couldn't make it but yes I was stuck on the crapper for 5 days. Lucky I'm feeling better now.

Will be there in April

• Like 2

I admit i overtook in a no overtaking zone I think. It was the only way I was getting past Mark and his 371 BHP. Couldn't do it on the straights so I did it safely under braking. It is difficult on track days where there are drivers with different capabilities. Sometimes I think we forget it's just a couple of taster sessions !

I chased Mark a bit too, just as the 2nd session finished.

It's certainly a quick car down the straights!

Good to meet you mate. Most enthusiastic member by far.

• Like 2

With the benefit of experience I tend to hang back now and just make sure before I go for it.

This time people did stay left and give me space, so I did overtake through Old Paddock Bend.

:D  Spring action day you didn't!!!!  :peek:

As you overtook me in the GTR through Paddock with both inside wheels on the grass!!!!

Pretty sure it was the session where you got pulled to the side exiting the track and had a little talking too about your driving  :x

• Like 2

:D  Spring action day you didn't!!!!  :peek:

As you overtook me in the GTR through Paddock with both inside wheels on the grass!!!!

Pretty sure it was the session where you got pulled to the side exiting the track and had a little talking too about your driving  :x

You are probably right.  Same session I passed Mark at Folley.

That's why I hang back now. :yes:

• Like 3