It's arrived :) now just rambling :)

Very nice I think Rallye green is a great colour, I wish I had the balls to order instead of Race Blue, which is still a great colour but I should have gone for rallye green.

Enjoy your new car.

Very nice I think Rallye green is a great colour, I wish I had the balls to order instead of Race Blue, which is still a great colour but I should have gone for rallye green.

Enjoy your new car.

Agree, very, very nice! I have ordered the Metal Grey, but I also think I should have gone for the Rallye Green. So much more in your face than any other colour!

Well its taken 5 months (ordered the 23rd November) but my TDI VRS is here :)

I personally think it is fantastic, and have really enjoyed the short time I have had with it so far!!

Here it is:

20140430_201626_zpsa11c273f.jpg

Bet you can’t sleep tonight! You must want to get out and drive that green beast. Enjoy, very jealous over here!

Thanks all for your kind remarks :)

I might be biased but I think the green is a fantastic colour - I haven't seen any others in green yet.

Went out for a drive last night but I am now at work which means I can't drive it until home time! :(

Dont worry, soon be home time and you can have another blast. Have you named your car? There was someone else on this forum who also has a green vRS and they called theirs the hulk! Like it!

Dont worry, soon be home time and you can have another blast. Have you named your car? There was someone else on this forum who also has a green vRS and they called theirs the hulk! Like it!

Yes, hopefully home time comes quickly :)

Not named the car, I didn't name my other car, but it's interesting you mention someone naming theirs the hulk because when a collegue saw mine they thought it should be called that! I can see the link between them though...

• 2 weeks later...

Today I have made a few changes to my VRS - I fitted some 5mm spaces to the rear wheels, and also a full set of mudguards. I think it looks better now :)

Fitting the wheels after the spacers were on was a bit of a faf because the stub the centre bore of the alloy fits over wasn't long enough with the spacer on so I had to align the bolt holes and hold the wheel up at the same time! But they are all sorted now :)

The pictures show before and after:

20140517_143418_zpscecc6d9a.jpg

20140517_143439_zpsa5d7ff83.jpg

20140517_143451_zpsbf7cf483.jpg

Now for some sadder news - when I had the front wheel off to fit the mudguard I found these hidden underneath the dust shield on the shock absorber!! I had thought the ride was a little harsh but I put that down to it being a VRS. Needless to say the car is going back to the dealers next week! Having removed these blighters the ride is MUCH better, although I have noticed the dust shield has a large cut in it :(

20140517_161119_zps41feb2e0.jpg

Edited by meb90
  • Like 1

Those things are fitted to some cars that are being delivered on car transporters to stop the car bouncing around too much on the transporter.  BTW super looking car.

• Like 1

I guessed that they were to stop the car moving too much in transport. Just looks like they weren't picked up at PDI.

Thanks for the comment though :D

• Like 1

Based on the fact those things are designed to stop the suspension doing what it's supposed to do best (to the larger degree) I would also be concerned as to any potential damage they might have caused, seeing as you've been driving around with them for a while!

That's sloppy work for the dealer not to have picked up on them.

PS - Spacers were obviously not 'hub centric' hence the awkwardness of installation… but looks better with them fitted… and I think mudflaps enhance the look of the car, although there are mixed opinions on this. Cool colour by the way!

Edited by Nookiebear
  • Like 1

Today I have made a few changes to my VRS - I fitted some 5mm spaces to the rear wheels, and also a full set of mudguards. I think it looks better now :)

Fitting the wheels after the spacers were on was a bit of a faf because the stub the centre bore of the alloy fits over wasn't long enough with the spacer on so I had to align the bolt holes and hold the wheel up at the same time! But they are all sorted now :)

Nice colour, looks good.

Are you sure you have the correct spacers? I would have thought the spacers should have the stub on to ensure the wheel is centred correctly.

• Like 1

Like a previous poster, I wish I had the balls to order one in green, it looks the dogs...

What make of spacers did you go for? 5mm appears to make a nice difference!