Yeti Elegance display changling

gumdrop

The central display has the disturbing habit of displaying what it feels like,

without me touching it!

I like the mpg display, the car is relatively new to me so I like to have an

idea of what it is capable of without using my digits. The car shows off,

no phone detected and other screens being offered up for my delectation.

I don't like to fiddle, so just put up with it, is there any solution? (easy solution that is :blush: )

Not catching the "wheels" on the steering by accident are you?

I had a habit of doing that when i first got the car and it will scroll through about 6 or so different screens if you are on the MFD setting.

• Like 3

Agree with Alleycat.

If you want to check whether you're doing this, change the MFD to audio and see if you change stations or tracks by catching the scroll wheels.

And another agree.

SWMBO used to make the same complaint until I showed her what she was doing.

Now she still does it but doesn't complain (much).  :giggle:

• Like 1

Isn't that strange, exactly the same thing happens when my other half drives the Yeti, she insists she doesn't touch anything but it never happens to me!!

Agree with those who say that it's easy to nudge the MFSW scroll wheel unwittingly and end up cycling through the MFD screens. However, unless I'm very much mistaken the "no phone detected" message mentioned by the OP would have to be caused by pressing the phone button.  I've never caught myself doing that without meaning to, though I suppose it's not wholly inconceivable.

Isn't that strange, exactly the same thing happens when my other half drives the Yeti, she insists she doesn't touch anything but it never happens to me!!

Sounds like Edie Pegdon in Last of the Summer Wine, Wesley isn't around anywhere is he? :giggle: 

Fred 

I get the same situation with the second trip computer, swmbo swears blind she has not touched it or anything else but has always been zero'ed when she hands it back to me.

I will bear these comments in mind but with my white knuckle grip on the steering wheel,

I am confident I do not scroll while driving (or do anything else illegal)

Ha ha! It's not just me where swmo swears blind that the Monster is willful and changes settings without her having touched anything. She does however freely admit to depositing the large swathes of mud and horse-hairs that cover the interior after she returns from the yard. Is she bothered? Nah but the mess she creates made it much more difficult for her to argue against me ordering the rather nifty Nilfisk pressure washer and Autobrite foam lance that I'll be getting soon. Snowfoamtastic! :devil:

I find it almost impossible not to scroll the display when manouvering theYeti in tight spaces, particularly when reversing.

After nearly 4 years I often find it on the wrong setting and have to put it back to my prefered average mpg

In a somewhat similar vein, on a number of occasions I seem to touch the heater controls when changing down to 3 gear. This results in the blower suddenly going full pelt and the heat setting rising! I do have ruddy great hands and it's usually when changing down in a hurry so I'm probably alone in this occurrence  :)

• Like 1

In a somewhat similar vein, on a number of occasions I seem to touch the heater controls when changing down to 3 gear. This results in the blower suddenly going full pelt and the heat setting rising! I do have ruddy great hands and it's usually when changing down in a hurry so I'm probably alone in this occurrence  :)

I did this as well on the odd occasion (before the yeti went to a new home).

I'd also, very rarely, catch the bolero "knob" nearest to the driver when shifting up to fifth and going to put my hand back on the wheel.

I'm graceful, honestly...

Edited by AlleyCat`
  • Like 1

The displays  on my Yeti remain tied to whichever ignition key was in use at the time of setting up. i.e. change key and display changes.

• Like 1

I drove a short trip this afternoon and the screen changed,

it was safe to look so I did. I was touching the R/H scroll wheel.

You were right.

• Like 2