SKODA Octavia, the stunning Laurin & Klement (L&K), now for order.

ColinD

It's believed that all these top spec middle sized vehicles are in for a hiding when the new Jaguar XE comes into production, then there will be a serious price war to shift the metal. 

• Like 1

That new Jag my well be worth waiting for!

I've had a good look at the new "F" type & the build quality is excellent, it's rumoured that they will introduce a 3ltr bi-turbo auto diesel in the hardtop version for those who are more concerned about consumption then performance.

Also the new Modeo 1ltr petrol engine looks like a step change in technology/performance/consumption/emmisions.

Also the new Modeo 1ltr petrol engine looks like a step change in technology/performance/consumption/emmisions.

If it's the same one they're putting in the Focus/Fiesta it doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary?

Also, isn't that engine famously not able to record anything close to it's quoted figures in real life?

• Like 1

What, less car for same money :devil:

People not like a Jag. Just the thought sends me into a cold sweat

Well theres plenty of people who buy A3's and A Class's for more money than an L&K Octavia I'm sure! 

Some Jaguars are nice, but like with most things you've got to spec it up to get a "nice" one. Yeah you can get a cheaper base spec Jaguar but it defeats the object of buying a premium car and having something really special. You can say that with Skoda too buying the top of the range L&K makes no sense but it does for people who like the brand and want the best of that model, although I'll be biased and say that the FL Superb L&K seems to have better presence over the newer Octavia L&K. 

I'm sure we will see some of Skoda's models touch 40-50k in the near future with the new larger 4x4, and S3. The sky is the limit for options and prices. 

• Like 1

Pity that it only has awful brown seats.

Worse, in order to try to make people buy it, they dropped some of the options that used to be available on the Elegance - you only get them with the Laurel and Hardy model now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly I think the Citigo will be the last new Skoda I will buy unless they do some stunning deals. Yes they are cheaper (just) than Audi/VW but they are not cheaper than the rest and as much as I am a Skoda fan for most it's still only a Skoda.

£29k is alot of money, ok it might be top spec but that will get you into a lot of high class lower spec cars.

I think Skoda have dropped their core values, due to their success in recent years.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had seriously considered the L & K but regarded it as being simply too clever. I wanted the variable boot floor with the ability to hide roof rails and tonneau cover. The Canton Music system negates that possibility. The stupid tyre size does not do four wheel drive any favours and so I ordered a 2.0 Elegance 4 x 4 with sun roof, power tailgate, and spare wheel. The price was so good (less than 22K) that I added a bit of bling in the form of chrome window surround. That at least; was a nod to the L & K.

Edited by Glennie

I had seriously considered the L & K but regarded it as being simply too clever. I wanted the variable boot floor with the ability to hide roof rails and tonneau cover. The Canton Music system negates that possibility. The stupid tyre size does not do four wheel drive any favours and so I ordered a 2.0 Elegance 4 x 4 with sun roof, power tailgate, and spare wheel. The price was so good (less than 22K) that I added a bit of bling in the form of chrome window surround. That at least; was a nod to the L & K.

If I am not mistaken when I looked at the L&K at my local dealer earlier this week I could see some Canton apparatus on the left rear side of the boot by the wheel arch but it also had the variable boot floor as well.

If I am not mistaken when I looked at the L&K at my local dealer earlier this week I could see some Canton apparatus on the left rear side of the boot by the wheel arch but it also had the variable boot floor as well.

According to the May 2014 Octavia brochure the "Variable Boot Floor" and the "Boot Storage Fixing" is not available with "Canton" sound system.

Edited by Glennie

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I pick up mine on the 28th. 2.0 Diesel Estate DSG L&K Demonstrator. 1300 miles but they had every available upgrade on it. Columbus, Winter Kit, Auto Boot, Spare Wheel etc. For the £25K I spent I think I got a very good deal. The 150hp engine feels very similar to my 140 Elegance. I am not sure if that is the extra weight or whether it is not yet run in as the engine feels tight. Just annoyed that I cant pick it up until 28th. The new tax system means that they have to be more than 3 months since registration.

Any questions let me know!

Garnett

I pick up mine on the 28th. 2.0 Diesel Estate DSG L&K Demonstrator. 1300 miles but they had every available upgrade on it. Columbus, Winter Kit, Auto Boot, Spare Wheel etc. For the £25K I spent I think I got a very good deal. The 150hp engine feels very similar to my 140 Elegance. I am not sure if that is the extra weight or whether it is not yet run in as the engine feels tight. Just annoyed that I cant pick it up until 28th. The new tax system means that they have to be more than 3 months since registration.

Any questions let me know!

Garnett

Enjoy  :happy:

• 1 year later...