new fabia 3 real pics

Are reviewers like him serious when they listen to the Skoda Factory people telling them things like an Extra 2 CM of elbow room up front.

Then go on and repeat it.

So a 1/2" at the passengers side  and another 1/2" at the drivers side is it,  or 1" extra just for the driver.

Is 'front assist' a sexy new name for adaptive cruise or do you mean front parking sensors?

Answered my own question:

The new ŠKODA Fabia also has innovative safety and comfort systems that were more likely to be seen in higher vehicle classes. Available for the first time in a Fabia is the Front Assistant with integrated City Emergency Braking Function and the Multi-Collision Brake. The Front Assistant uses a radar sensor to continually measure the distance to the traffic ahead. Whenever the distance is too small, the Assistant intervenes at the necessary intensity level in order to prevent a collision – from optical and acoustic warnings to a short brake jolt and automatic emergency stop. The Multi-Collision Brake reduces the risk of the vehicle becoming involved in a subsequent collision following an accident. The system automatically engages the brakes if it detects a primary collision. 

The new Fabia also has other safety systems: Driver Activity Assistant (fatigue detection), Speedlimiter, Hill-Hold Control and an electronic tyre pressure monitor. For increased comfort, optional features include KESSY (Keyless Entry Start and exit SYstem), front and rear parking sensors, the new electro-mechanical power steering and a large panoramic glass roof. At the same time, the new Fabia impresses with plenty of space, even more functionality and 19 ‘Simply Clever’ features.

• Like 2

Cannot see headlight washers so non xenon :wonder:

TP

Perhaps as per the Rapid system Tim: if it produces less than 2,000 lumen they do not need washers or levelling. From the European Rapid spec page:

As an option, the ŠKODA Rapid received xenon headlights. The xenon lamp has a luminous flux up to 2,000 lumen.  This system requires no headlamp leveling and headlamp cleaning system yet. Advantage: a lower price compared to xenon headlamps with higher lumen output at roughly comparable intensity.

But since the UK legislation is still demanding washers you apparently can't get these Xenons on the Rapid here. Silly.

The Mercedes E-class also don't even have Xenons as an option any more and the only option is LED lights WITHOUT washers that are less than 2,000 lumen:

Headlamps – LED Intelligent Light System

High-performance headlamps, including Active Light System, cornering light function and Adaptive High Beam Assist

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars/home/new_cars/models/e-class/_w212/facts/equipment_accessories/optional_equipment.0011.html

• Like 2

It does look like a dog from behind IMO. 

i must just be of the age that can only see a car that is a cross of a Citroen AX with a Skoda Rapid and some Fiat Stilo thrown in.

It surely must look better in the flesh and with some Polishing of the paintwork & mud flaps fitted for use in the real world..

I would hope that the ones they sell do not nod there way along the road like that one in the video images does.

That looks like really cr4p damping, or almost no damping.

Zebedee has nothing on that.  Boing, time for bed Citroen AX.

Edited by goneoffSKi

It does look like a dog from behind IMO. 

i must just be of the age that can only see a car that is a cross of a Citroen AX with a Skoda Rapid and some Fiat Stilo thrown in.

It surely must look better in the flesh and with some Polishing of the paintwork & mud flaps fitted for use in the real world..

I would hope that the ones they sell do not nod there way along the road like that one in the video images does.

That looks like really cr4p damping, or almost no damping.

Zebedee has nothing on that.  Boing, time for bed Citroen AX.

Cheer up mate.

Thanks for the film, watched the first half but there's only so much watching a car drive round one can take :giggle:

Personally I think they've done a very good design job, albeit I'm still not overly taken with the dash and the new fad for oversized outside door handles.

Won't be rushing out to replace our Monte mind, still more than happy with it. Plus I'd imagine the cost of the Monte II will be quite a jump up from what we paid for ours on the VAT off deal.

TP

Well it looks like the SUK options restriction police are going to have a field day with this new design; red wheels what ever next :D

They all look great by the way; notice there borrowing a few wheel designs from the Rapid B)

TP

is it me or is the combi a better spec spaceback?

Fabia and Rapid are now closer in size as you say but the Spaceback particularly falls nicely between the hatch and estate but with better rear passanger space, so with spec updates it could be a good option; impressed with ours in terms of its flexibility as a family transport.

Therefore I'd imagine the Rapid/Spaceback will be updated to match the Fabia in due course. Otherwise they may as well withdraw it, which would seem crazy in terms of money spent in development.

TP

my dealer keeps trying to sell me a nice race blue Octavia VRs estate, told him if he can do it for the same payments as my GLII I would bite his hand off, but can't get near

Happy enough really, just not a Skoda Fanboy.

Are you getting one of these rather than a Rapid,

any Factory Discount for promoting them?

I´d rather get the fabia estate than the rapid.

• Like 2

Looks great but somehow now it's here I don't have a wow feeling about it! Seems so expensive. The diesels especially......£1200 premium over equivalent petrol model.

Not sure I can say I like some of the crazy colour schemes. I do like the blue, though! I just hope they haven't gone bonkers with the pricing, as they did when the Rapid was first launched...