Order placed at last....

Just looking at sorting a couple of SD cards out for music storage - I see they take up to 32gb DSHC cards. Does the class of card make any difference to how well they worth in the car? Is it worth getting a class 10 or could I save a few £££? 

You will only benefit from the higher speed of card when you are loading the music onto the card. So it depends how patient you are. For the lowish price difference, I'd recommend getting the class 10 uhs-1 cards from SanDisk.

• Like 1

DAB is standard on the L&K, and Elegance for that matter.

Sounds a good combo and will be good to see pictures when it arrives.

Welcome to Briskoda BTW!

Apologies.

DAB wasn't standard on the pre facelift model. My L&K is a 11/12 built car and didn't come with it. I wish it had and I don't think it became an optional extra until early 2013.

In regards to the MDI my view on it is that I have had it retro fitted on my Octavia and now recently on my Superb. I understand what people are saying about either Bluetooth Streaming your iPhone or using a SD card. Ultimately it comes down to how you have your music stored. Mine is stored in apple lossless format so the Columbus won't natively play it. Therefore I have to convert the songs to MP3 and then copy them on to the card. Whereas I copy them to my 160gb iPod Classic or my nano and off I go. I have managed to fill my iPod with music and I can't get my music on to a 32gb SD card at a format it am happy with.

Annoyingly though occasionally the iPod if you are playing music alphabetically through the MDI it will go back to the beginning. But equally I have had some issues with SD cards that have read errors for no reason.

Personally I think the MDI is a great bit of kit and if you choose not to have it now you can always retrofit later.

Anyway hope you enjoy the car when you get it

I found mine sometimes goes back to the beginning but only if I have disconnected it and then reconnect after I have switched the ignition on. If I reconnect before I switch the ignition on it stays where it was on the play list.

• 1 month later...

Found out my car gets to the dealer tomorrow and I can collect it from Friday!  As I have to get to Scotland its going to be Monday now before I can get up there, so a very early train journey and 350 mile roadtrip home. At least I should be familiar with the car by the time I get back!

Then I have a couple of days to detail it and get it ready for the S of France in August. Looking forward to next week now.

• Like 2

well, she's here!  

Metal Grey and absolutely blown away by the colour  - I hadnt seen one until I walked up to mine but luckily loved it instantly. The brown dash is so dark it looks black 99% of the time and certainly doesnt look as marmite as the brochure pics suggest. The piano black trim is great but the exterior black trim on the doors is going to be a nightmare as you only need to look at it to leave a greasy fingerprint :(

Spent the day doing a full detail with just the wheels left to do tomorrow - but still happy so far :D

14720104525_8751410bd9_z.jpgIMG_4699 by Bigpikle, on Flickr

14720106705_8480908e57_z.jpgIMG_4701 by Bigpikle, on Flickr

14533668407_71d74befa4_z.jpgIMG_4703 by Bigpikle, on Flickr

14697107556_435b42c94c_z.jpgIMG_4698 by Bigpikle, on Flickr

Edited by Bigpikle
  • Like 4

thanks - the metal grey is a really interesting colour as it changes appearance quite dramatically depending on the light conditions. In bright sunlight it has an amazing flake that looks very very light and almost like a dark silver, but as the light drops it takes on a much deeper dark grey with either blue or slight green tones depending on whats around it. Takes a little getting used to. 

I should also give a big thumbs up to Steven at Ingrams in Ayr for the service. Easiest and best car buying experience I've ever had in 25 years and the service on the day I collected it from all the staff up there was first class. Almost worth the 400 mile trip back for that alone except he also saved me a fortune through Carwow as well. Very highly recommended  :clap:

• Like 1