It's the little things - What little improvements have you made to your car?

What do you mean behind the dash?

Underneath it from the footwells or?

Might give this a go - not as something is rattling so much, just as something to play about doing.

Does anyone with leather seats have a rattle of their rear headrest? One of mine is a real noisy bugger, I will have a look at that first.

JRJG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant remove the glovebox, get to all the bits and bobs that are up and underneath, loads of mine needed tightening and ive cured all the rattles and vibrations by being meticulous and having ocd helps lol!

• Like 1

Got to be arm rest for me, I hate to drive anything without one I find it really uncomfy I need to get my gangster lean on :D

Cable tie all your boost pipes. Get the bumper off and do the lower ones too. Car felt so much better when I did mine it must of had slight leaks I didn't know about. For the cost of a bag of cable ties it's worth doing.

Also elephant mod/ccv mod worth doing for how little it costs and it's really easy to do. Thought someone would of mentioned that already

Does anyone with leather seats have a rattle of their rear headrest? One of mine is a real noisy bugger, I will have a look at that first.

JRJG

I have a noise as I mentioned in my very first comment, I've never adjusted the headrests though I'm going to take them off today and see if it's them!

I meant remove the glovebox, get to all the bits and bobs that are up and underneath, loads of mine needed tightening and ive cured all the rattles and vibrations by being meticulous and having ocd helps lol!

Does ocd help though? Because mine just means that I get annoyed frequently and am forced to spend time and effort correcting it hahaa! But I see where your coming from, it does mean that the car becomes close to immaculate! I've have the glove box off before to cure a vibration noise by wedging a sponge on the component after lightly banging every thing until I found it, I'm going to take it off again and try this tightening job though, this is a perfect example of what I was thinking when I made the thread. :)

You do know that OCD is an absolute horrendous condition to suffer with, not just because you like a few things symmetrical? 

For me it's all about the running of the engine, so cleaning out all the intercooler pipes, cleaning out the inlet manifold, injector cleaning, fuel treatment using it directly in the fuel lines not diluting it in the tank, removing the EGR valve and i'm sure there are probably loads more that i've missed off.

Doing that though, i've averaged 56.4mpg over 6000 miles which doesn't actually sound too amazing but that is also starting from cold which takes ages for the engine to warm up especially over winter and with a shed load of hard blasts.

3.5m Jack plug in Switch blank 1 to connect ipod to Connects 2/Radio

USB Charge point in Switch blank 2

USB Charge point in glovebox

Extra storage box under drivers seat

Skoda Valve Caps

OEM design Pasty Boy badges almost ready to go on

Work still in progress - Fitting Golf Mk 1V/Bora cupholders - what a flippin pain!!

Don't suppose you've got any links to an how to guide and for what's gotta be bought do you?

Devonutopia bonnet lifter - so much easier than propping it up manually.

Ventectomy - 55l of diesel in the tank makes for a genuine 800 mile range.

Lamborghini/Porsche black oil, water caps. I know they're there!

Seat Ibiza Cupra console bushes.

• Like 1

quality thanks! have you got one for the usb one as well?

I am wanting to looking to a crash cam, does anyone know of any decent ones which you can set to come on when the engine is started?

I'm hoping to put one together for the USB so watch this space.

• Like 2

My car (2004 vRS) has had:

1) A leather interior from Seat Surgeons. All seats and door cards. A lot better than ripped dirty cloth seats

2) A Hirschmann DAB/FM amplified bee sting aerial, new aerial cables and a Kenwood KDC-BT48DAB headunit

3) LED light units from SuperSkoda in front light dome, puddle lights and boot. Other LED bulbs in glovebox, number plate, side lights

4) All the door carriers resealed 

5) Soundproofing fitted in spare wheel bay, boot, wheel arches, floor, doors, under bonnet.

6) Loads of trim parts either replaced (due to broken clips) or tightened. Car is now rattle free and it makes a huge difference. 

All the above done by me with help from a mate except the upholstery 

I was going to sell the car and buy something else, maybe an Audi A3 or even a Porsche Boxter S. In the end I decided I'd rather save my money and give the vRS some tlc and I'm glad I did. I still love it. 

Edited by svenedin

My car (2004 vRS) has had:

1) A leather interior from Seat Surgeons. All seats and door cards. A lot better than ripped dirty cloth seats

2) A Hirschmann DAB/FM amplified bee sting aerial, new aerial cables and a Kenwood KDC-BT48DAB headunit

3) LED light units from SuperSkoda in front light dome, puddle lights and boot. Other LED bulbs in glovebox, number plate, side lights

4) All the door carriers resealed

5) Soundproofing fitted in spare wheel bay, boot, wheel arches, floor, doors, under bonnet.

6) Loads of trim parts either replaced (due to broken clips) or tightened. Car is now rattle free and it makes a huge difference.

All the above done by me with help from a mate except the upholstery

I was going to sell the car and buy something else, maybe an Audi A3 or even a Porsche Boxter S. In the end I decided I'd rather save my money and give the vRS some tlc and I'm glad I did. I still love it.

Super mate good for you,I was looking at Audi a3's earlier this week I wanted the full works 2.0 tdi dsg s line Quattro, found a smart silver one showed it to dad and he hit the nail on the head, he said yeah you could get that and be part of the millions of other Audi a3's you see that arnt anything special or you could keep/appreciate yours and be damned if yoi ever see another on the road!

I get people asking if I'm selling it which also helps the pride, but as you say, TLC gives you all the pride of owning these sortafter little cars!

You do know that OCD is an absolute horrendous condition to suffer with, not just because you like a few things symmetrical?

Please do not be offended by the phrase used, I'm sure you can appreciate it is used widely by people to express how passionate/obsessive they are about something, and that no-body, particularly in this instance was using the phrase in an offensive way, only good intentions, are intended here.

Regards,

Cameron.

• Like 1

Super mate good for you,I was looking at Audi a3's earlier this week I wanted the full works 2.0 tdi dsg s line Quattro, found a smart silver one showed it to dad and he hit the nail on the head, he said yeah you could get that and be part of the millions of other Audi a3's you see that arnt anything special or you could keep/appreciate yours and be damned if yoi ever see another on the road!

I get people asking if I'm selling it which also helps the pride, but as you say, TLC gives you all the pride of owning these sortafter little cars!

Thank you. I completely agree with you. I've had my vRS for 10 years now since new. I had started to neglect it but for the last few months I've done so many jobs on it that were long overdue. It's amazing the psychological effect of a rattle free, smart, clean interior. It almost feels like a new car. In a couple of years I'll decide whether to get another car but it would have to be something pretty special for me to part with the vRS. This reminds me of a friend of mine. He was going to sell his house so he spent a few months decluttering, cleaning and freshening the place up. In the end he decided he liked his house so much he didn't want to move!

• Like 1

Continuing the theme, it always niggled me that when new in the early 2000's if you bought a Mk1 Octavia Vrs you had a full size alloy spare wheel but the equivalent new Fabia vRS it came with a full size steel spare....

So today I've been and purchased a single alloy which will be refurbed and powder coated the same light gunmetal as the rest of my wheels, fitted with an Asymetric new Michelin tyre (so it can be used either offside or nearside) then fitted in the boot.

Overkill? Yes, does it make the car better? No, but like we say, it's the little things that matter.

• Like 3

The boot floor wont sit level with a alloy as a spare.

My own car.

Exterior

Colour coded the front grill

Removed the rub strips on the doors

Shortened the standard antenna

Chrome indicator bulbs

Tinted the clear parts on the rear lights

Twin tail pipe exhaust instead of the oval

New style badges

Projector lights with hids

Machine polished

Interior

Mk1 Octavia vrs half leathers

Mk4 golf armrest trimmed in leather

Pioneer avic double din touch screen stereo

Led bulbs in interior light

Led strips in the footwells

Led strip in the glovebox

When on the throttle and brakes the throttle cuts out after a second or so. I've had it mapped out so I can left foot brake, which makes my standard car much nicer to drive briskly.

Few little things I've got.

Put a liner in the cup holder behind the handbrake and the storage tray in front of the gear stick. Stops keys and coins sliding about!

Sharkfin aerial also

More powerful battery

Cree Led sidelights with light sensing auto turn on

Drive recorder wired in to come on with ignition

Golf mk4 mirror glass

Everything else I've done is more major!

Few little things I've got.

Put a liner in the cup holder behind the handbrake and the storage tray in front of the gear stick. Stops keys and coins sliding about!

Sharkfin aerial also

More powerful battery

Cree Led sidelights with light sensing auto turn on  :clap: 

Drive recorder wired in to come on with ignition

Golf mk4 mirror glass

Everything else I've done is more major!

How do you do that??

Some great ideas guys, the rubber in the middle cup holder is my next move as bottles/can rattle in there! I want to tint the rear clear parts on the lights too, would blue be a good idea?

Considering getting a new vrs logo for the front grill becausethe standard one is pretty dated..

Please do not be offended by the phrase used, I'm sure you can appreciate it is used widely by people to express how passionate/obsessive they are about something, and that no-body, particularly in this instance was using the phrase in an offensive way, only good intentions, are intended here.

Regards,

Cameron.

I know buddy, no offence taken what so ever. Was just looking out incase it hurt someone else :) we're all friends here :)

How do you do that??

Sorry was a bit vague there! It's a kit made by a chap on here username Korban.

The sidelights can be made to come on with the interior lights when you open the car, there is a light sensor you can adjust so they come on just at night or all the time. Only downside is you get the lights on buzzer going off until you get the keys in the ignition.

Joe