"Dem mad lowz"

ok, so iv had my fabia for about 9 months now, and iv lowered it on JOM's.

after being humiliated by a fat 12yo shouting "not low enough" at a meet. im on the hunt for more lows.

my work so far:

coilovers wound all the way down with helpers out,

shorter drop links,

lower profile tyres,

adjsters removed from the back.

my questions are:

would shorter bump stops help?

even shorter drop links?
custom springs?

help!

I really wouldn't advise cut bumpstops, I cut mine to 10mm on my corsa and my god the ride was shocking, bouncy was a understatement, and there was no give. But I have to agree with Chris why be bothered about a show scene kid like that when he's probably jealous you're lower :)

Chassis notch at the front.. whats preventing you going lower? tyres touching? If so camber/ arch rolling etc will get it lower.. chop the bumpstops so there is just enough to stop metal touching metal when/ if you "bottom out" but leave no more on there.. there are no disadvantages of shorter bumpstops :)

I really wouldn't advise cut bumpstops, I cut mine to 10mm on my corsa and my god the ride was shocking, bouncy was a understatement, and there was no give. But I have to agree with Chris why be bothered about a show scene kid like that when he's probably jealous you're lower :)

Cutting bumpstops does not affect ride quality. Touching bumpstops does. Your bumpstops shouldnt be touching while you are driving normally. They are less likely to touch if they are shorter so if anything it will improve you ride quality if your bumpstops were touching before ;)

Chassis notch at the front.. whats preventing you going lower tyres touching? If so camber/ arch rolling etc will get it lower.. chop the bumpstops so there is just enough to stop metal touching metal when/ if you "bottom out" but leave no more on there.. there are no disadvantages of shorter bumpstops :)

cheers matt, it just wont drop, its fully down all round with helpers out, so im just troubleshooting for how to get more lows with what i have,

as it stands right now ::

xyedd0Z.jpg

Check your OSF driveshaft + you will probably find it has been rubbing on the chassis.. does it knock over bumps? Get a chassis notch + you will be able to drive lower. Also if u got a GT front splitter or a vrs bumper with LCR splitter it will look alot lower ;) fake lows ftw :D

Or made him sit in the car then it would be further lowered!

I was going to post that but if your anything like me, I would have come back to it asking why a 12 year old was in your car haha! :)

• Like 3

If you wanna go low buy a set of bags and stop convincing yourself your so 'static'. Highly ****ing embarrassing in my opinion, how you can drive around day to day with being stupid low is beyond me, I tried it, lasted about 3 weeks, got bored and got rid of the car. Hate people trying to go as low as they can and thinking they're so 'dapper' because a 12 year old fat kid said your car isn't low. Grow up will you.

• Like 2

Like I said in the first post. Real lows are air and are the only practical solution for shows and driving afterwards because you can instantly raise it. Everything else is just wasting your time and/or money. Someone will always say not low enough unless you're on air on the ground, at which point someone will assume you're not on air and say 'undriveable' - to which you get in, instantly raise it and set off whilst giving them the finger out your window and feeling the heat of their envious looks as you drive past.

Sent from my S5 using Tapatalk

In short, decide what you want. You either want serious lows to which you get what you pay for, or you want a firmer ride which is what coilies are for, that have the side effect of being lower than stock. Either way, there is no sensible way of doing both without ruining your car and I'm sure most would advise you the same.

Sent from my S5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Chris Coates

I've overtaken cars at speed bumps before because they were having to literally crawl over it.

Why anyone would want to live with a car so low and harsh I do not know... it's bad enough with normal suspension, 16" wheels and fairly chunky tyres.

Phil

• Like 1

I agree Phil, as I've said before, why would anyone but a dumb kid take the performance variant

of a car and make it slower due to loss of handling dynamics and almost undriveable on uk roads.

Mind you have you seen some of the clothes and haircuts this lot go around with. :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe not in this case for once as the op has a 1.4, but they usually ruin vRS models.

My favourite are the stupid jeans with the little ankle cuffs (where's the window licker smiley)

and the half lobotomy part shaved haircut. Add a clown car scraping the floor and you have the

complete picture. (oh and a baseball cap of course.... Standard)

IMO of course. 

• Like 4

Lol... I must be getting old...

Having said that I've never been into any of this. Not into modified cars at all... not when they're modified beyond all use anyway!

The worst I ever saw was a Corsa (like you would expect anything else) driving on open country roads having to do less than 40mph because his car was bouncing around so much and hitting the road etc... Looks downright dangerous to be honest! I soon got round him... in my 1.0 L reg Polo Coupe. lol

Phil

• Like 1

I am old Phil, That's why I can insure a S3 for under 200 quid a year LOLOL

Oh... That... And it's bog standard as well of course. 

Haha... I'm not quite there yet.

I'm 28 and other half is 31 and we pay £309!

Phil

Lol... I must be getting old...

Having said that I've never been into any of this. Not into modified cars at all... not when they're modified beyond all use anyway!

The worst I ever saw was a Corsa (like you would expect anything else) driving on open country roads having to do less than 40mph because his car was bouncing around so much and hitting the road etc... Looks downright dangerous to be honest! I soon got round him... in my 1.0 L reg Polo Coupe. lol

Phil

Have to say, I don't get it either. I understand upgrades for performance, comfort, convenience, and even looks (if subtle), but not mods for the sake of mods!

I've neither the real need or spare cash to do anything big with my Fabia at the moment, but given the fact our Octy handles and looks better with the factory 17" alloys and slightly sportier suspension it came with, I'd be tempted to say go for 16s, vRS brakes and maybe even a suspension upgrade/RARB if it made a difference and was cheaper than getting another car.

Maybe I'm just too old now I'm in my 30s, but the crazy lowering just isn't for me!