Briski cyclists?!

samj2013

50miles and 3000ft of climb through the Yorkshire Dales today - Fat Lads at the Back Sportive. Lovely weather and a nice route.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Jeezus - I've just found the motorbike thread on Briskoda and now find there's a cycling one too  ---aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!

Here's a pic on me trusty Cinder Cone on the way to Ben Alder about 5 years ago....

P1050373.jpg

P1050386.jpg

:kiss:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 12:28, Awayoffski said:

Great cycling weather in Sunny South Ayrshire today

EDIT.

Thursday,

nother perfect day

Then again on Friday just lovely. 

Bit crowded for my liking :notme:

(One can but only dream!)

Gaz

What a change in weather this morning after 24 hours of rain and gales, lovely and fresh this morning.

I was expecting lots of flooding on the tracks but all there was were branches and trees down.

DSCN2612.JPG

DSCN2616.JPG

DSCN2619.JPG

Edited by Awayoffski

• 2 weeks later...

My 20+ year old Brooks Conquest All-Terrain back in use.

It is crazy really that i ever stopped using it about a decade ago as just pure comfort.

It has been really lovely cycling mornings recently but today seems very much like the calm before tomorrows storm.

DSCN2712.JPG

DSCN2729.JPG

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

My 20+ year old Brooks Conquest All-Terrain back in use.

It is crazy really that i ever stopped using it about a decade ago as just pure comfort.

I've just put a B17 on my Whyte and am wondering why on Earth it took me so long. Coz I'm an eejit is the only real answer!

IMG_2835_zps8oq3xus9.jpg

Gaz

Edited by V6TDI
  • Like 1

I used a B17 when i used to have handlebars lower than my seat and there are just the dogs as far as i am concerned.

Nearly bought a new Pre-Aged B17 or Imperial then thought best get out the Conquest and try it. 

It was the Yellow Spring one when i got it so it got a wee blast of paint and is the business for comfort.

EDIT.

New Brooks Flyer for £64 was perfect right out the ziffy bag.(came without a spanner....)

New 'Blackburn' 'Local Deluxe' Front or Rear rack fitted.

Great priced rack that can even fit a fat bike it is so adjustable and online for under £30 delivered.

DSCN2801.JPG

DSCN2804.JPG

DSCN2821.JPG

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

New Bike on its way.  Excited.

I loved the 29er Levo Demo Bike i had for a weekend so ordered a 6Fattie Levo Hard Tail which has a dropper post. 650B+ / 27.5 x 3"

I had checked out a few different pedal assist ones and this was what suited my needs best.

(not going to be 'Remapping'.... not really needing to ride roads, just wanting it more for going uphill on tracks some places near home that i like to ride but where currently i have to push up but years ago i rode up easily & where we used to take trail / trials motor bikes which were less expensive than the crazy price of electric push bikes)

Example.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

New bike arrived. Happy with it.

Just an issue with the Dropper post as i can not get post low enough and functioning and cable has now detached.

I am going to fit one i have with external routing and sell this one.

EDIT,

External Cable Dropper post now fitted. 'RSP Plummet' ( that is a Raleigh Special Products) Quite good for the price.

DSCN2842.JPG

DSCN2844.JPG

DSCN2880.JPG

Edited by Awayoffski

I would say having an electric bike is cheating but if gets you outside and clocking up more miles than it's doing the job.  You'll have to let us know what the real world battery life is with the new bike.

I do 30-40 miles regularly,  like most days, the minimum i do is 8 miles every morning,

but starting with longer uphills is a bit of a PITA or as it is my leg since i only have one if i need to start walking before even 1/2 a mile from home.

Not going to be giving up cycling, but the Pedal Assist will certainly help with accents when doing local rides.

So my usual 7-8 minutes per mile on trails and back roads is under 5 minutes with the bike set on ECO & no sweating.

Similar 5 minutes a mile climbing on TRAIL or TURBO.

10 miles this morning, 5 on Trail, Turbo & Eco then 5 on Eco has used 25% of the charge.

The Mission Control App has it all logged. 

£715 for a spare or replacement battery though and they say 700 full cycle charges from the battery. 

Hopefully that might be lower in a year or so, or there is the possibility of 40 miles per charge minimum.

Edited by Awayoffski

RideLondon 100 done in 6h5m last Sunday. No sore legs or bum thank god but I guess we had done 2000 miles and 80,000ft of climbing in training....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

£715 for a spare or replacement battery though and they say 700 full cycle charges from the battery. 

Hopefully that might be lower in a year or so, or there is the possibility of 40 miles per charge minimum.

Less than 3p per mile but that's still quite expensive for a such a low cycle duty. You may be able to get the battery split and the individual cells replaced with new ones rather than replace with new.  

Not that bothered about the battery costs as the life of the motor going well beyond the warranty period because if not I would be cheaper going and leasing a Renault EV.

PS

If i get 28,000 miles out of the bike and battery that will have cost me 10 pence a mile then electricity on top,

so best get my Solar Panel and portable turbine fixed up..

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

Well managed to complete the 101 mile Chiltern Classic today, only been back on the bike 3 weeks and managed a gold time despite getting lost. 

Also picked up a new bike, which creaked for 90 miles, I'm hoping it's just the rear quick release wasn't fully engaged, will get out tomorrow to check. 

We we had two hours of torrential rain, hail and lightning. 

Pleased to complete 

IMG_2679.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just started back up after many years off. Need to get fit being a slob of a lorry driver :D

Currently using my brothers spare Boardman pro while he rebuilds his lapierre zesty full suspension for me, He has a posh cube thing. 

Only doing 3-5 mile a day to ease myself into it and get some fitness back but we've done the odd blue route at Sherwood pines and went on a 16 mile adventure Monday night round clumber park.

20170815_163453.jpg

20170814_200045.jpg

• Like 1