Anybody ordered a L&K yet?

I got a call from my dealer yesterday. The elegance estate I ordered on 13th October has been assigned week 47 and they say this week is 45 so week 48 instead of 8 would make sense.

My confusion is that by international standard week numbering this week is 46 not 45 so maybe Skoda use a different numbering system. Alternatively the dealer has the wrong week number for this week.

Good news for me.  

The build week is scheduled (not confirmed) for week 48 so my assumption of a typo by SKODA was correct.

If I receive the car by the first week in December it will be 17 weeks since order which is just 3 weeks later than when ordered so not too bad. 

It still seems strange that my car ordered on 6th August (week 32) will not be with me until about week 49 compared to your 5 week period only. No doubt more knowledgeable forum members will be able to offer logical reasons for the difference in timing.

Disregarding all of the above, if my car now arrives as currently forecast it will be in time for my birthday (72nd) on 6th December so I'll be a happy bunny.

• Like 2

Oh Andy I thought my interior camera shots where poor but dear me. Aawwwgghhh.... It isn't like that at all in real life, as we know!

Car does look crisp in white.....congrats!

I get Skoda and L & K logo on Columbus but only if I leave it on 'menu' as far as I can tell over the last week. Still getting way too many beeps when I start the car for my liking to pay 100% to maxidot, will look harder now you have asked.

I only have sill protectors on the front doors, with little ones rears will be required. I also think bumper protector would be advantageous longer term.

Mats very much plain, I thought I would have got better.

I also don't have any under front seat storage 'doors' just gaping holes that could be filled with lots of stuff that may well slide forward when driving, not impressed. Have you got just a hole?

Yep, no underseat storage on the passenger seat, but I did spec the electric passenger seat, I've got the vizivest storage for the driver seat.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I like the chrome trim on the light switch. Seen it on the Golf models and Audis. Shame the Elegance didn't get this.

It is a bit odd though as the centre black strip is about 2mm too short at each end so you get a bit more chrome than you would expect.

Hard to explain, I'll get a piccie but octaviusthethird's lightswitch looks the same as mine

Yep, no underseat storage on the passenger seat, but I did spec the electric passenger seat, I've got the vizivest storage for the driver seat.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

exactly the same here Andy. still gutted no dorr on either seat and they could have put a hiviz jacket in the holder....

Having just seen the pics of interior Andy (much better brown in these latest shots) I realise I don't have Colombus but Amundsen - sorry.

so to answer earlier querys:

I get Skoda and L & K logo on Columbus Amundsen but only if I leave it on 'menu'.

Maxidot, I only get Skoda logo on start up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the front mudflaps are fitted, the Matt black rearguards bumper protector is fitted and I have the chrome tailgate strip ready to fit. Dash cam is in with the wiring hidden up the a pillars and behind the headlining.

Tomorrow it is getting treated to 3 tins of waxoyl underneath and then next weekend off to the detailers.

Then it will be time to fit the winters!

Hi Chaps many thanks for the postings and comments on the L&K kept me focused whilst waiting for delivery.Ordered mine on September the first I believe it's now been shipped and on its way to the dealers,.black L&K 4x4 estate with winter pack.

• Like 1

Well, the front mudflaps are fitted, the Matt black rearguards bumper protector is fitted and I have the chrome tailgate strip ready to fit. Dash cam is in with the wiring hidden up the a pillars and behind the headlining.

Tomorrow it is getting treated to 3 tins of waxoyl underneath and then next weekend off to the detailers.

Mmmm, sounds like that could be a storyline for a Halfords Christmas advert Andy...care car, tech and safety, what more do you need?

Andy,

I am thinking of buying the rear guards bumper protector so do you have a photo to show us. I have been thinking of the carbon finish to go with my moon white when it comes.