New Aircraft Carriers

Aspman

'Ere this is my thread which is supposed to be a whimsical jape about why modern warships don't have scary names and therefore presents an opportunity for others to post silly names for ships. Not a serous political discussion about the relocation of the nuclear sub base, Salmonds love of oatcakes, or the national fallout from the loss of 10000 sailor boys.

Carry on windsordavies.jpg

How about:

HMS Empty or HMS False Advertising ?

seeing as the Planes wont be ready for another 10 years because someone lined there pockets

changing the plans from STOVL to steam catapult and then back to STOVL.

or my personal favourite HMS my dads bigger than your dad.

Sinicism aside having worked on the drawing plans @ design stage of this beast and now in the flesh she 

is an impressive floating bit of metal.

That was after they discovered the non-nuclear gennies would have enough oomph to run the as yet un-invented electromagnetic catapults, then they said they'd do steam but the non-nuclear gennie doesn't make enough steam either.

During all that they sold the Harriers to the Muricans.

Anyway

HMS Yeah Yeah we can do that

HMS HOW Much

HMS Honey Badger

HMS TOWIE

HMS Wait till I get my planes then you're for it.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

During all that they sold the Harriers to the Muricans.

The annoying thing is we practically gave them thrust vectoring technology and water cooled vertical take off and landing by supplying them the plans to make their own harriers. Yet on the other hand they sell us Apaches at over inflated price with the wrong software so we can't even fly them. Don't you just love the "Special Relationship"

Americas faithful lapdog more like. I thought when I first started working on the carriers over a decade ago that we were trying to step out of Americas shadow. But when I saw the clause that it had to be able to land and take off American planes. I realised it would be another mobile floating Diego Garcia that America use to bomb that weeks enemies with the legitimacy that its a multi national operation because we assisted Dragging our asses into their conflicts.