Skoda's new Limited Black Edition

Brilliant, I am so excited now after seeing you pics, sorry for sounding like a 5 yr old. I have been preparing myself for disappointment. Is this your car? If not where did you get to see it. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Mate, I couldnt even sleep after discovering that it might not have the armrest. No, this is not my car, mine is the white one.

I started calling dealers all over England to as if it has the armrest and one dealer said we do have it in stock and has just landed yesterday. I rushed there to have a first hand glimpse. I test rode it for 20 odd miles. It was a 1.6 TDI and the ride was very comfortable and the car looks sweet. It has that aggressive look and feel to it.

The dealer I went to was Skoda Dratford

You are going to love the car. Way better looking than the standard SE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mate, I couldnt even sleep after discovering that it might not have the armrest. No, this is not my car, mine is the white one.

I started calling dealers all over England to as if it has the armrest and one dealer said we do have it in stock and has just landed yesterday. I rushed there to have a first hand glimpse. I test rode it for 20 odd miles. It was a 1.6 TDI and the ride was very comfortable and the car looks sweet. It has that aggressive look and feel to it.

The dealer I went to was Skoda Dratford

You are going to love the car. Way better looking than the standard SE

Excellent, you have really cheered me up. I chased Bury St Edmunds today and mine is released to ship...fingers crossed the sea's are calm !! I think yours will look the business in white, especially with the contrast of the wheels. Did it have anything else on it we weren't expecting?

I was not expecting the side mouldings to look that neat. Front and rear spoilers make the car look very muscular. I have compiled a quick video containing all the pictures and a short video to show the black edition in flesh. Hope it will make it even clearer. Pardon the video shake, I was too exited to see the car.

Seems a good deal and not to belittle anyone whos just bought or is going to buy one but my only real issue with this car is that Skoda UK seems to have tried to make a "warm" special edition out of an almost entirely SE spec car.....yes you get the body kit (i'm still not sold on it personally, particularly the door trims) but it sits too high (without sports suspension) and id bet it still has the regular SE interior (so no sports seats) and 4 spoke non MF wheel so apart from the nav and armrest will feel no more special than a regular SE inside.

I personally think SUK would have been better off creating a Sport model like they have with the Rapid, throwing on things like darkened cornering fogs, sports suspension, black pack, dynamic interior (basically the full cloth vRS seats not available in UK but available on EU spec SE and Elegance cars) and a MF Supersport wheel along with the bodykit and wheels.....and made it 1.4 TSi and 2.0 TDi only perhaps.

I know and appreciate the Blackline Mk2 was just an optioned up vRS and not particularly rare or special really but at least it had some sporting intent to begin with, sorry but to me this is really just an SE with a bodykit, nice wheels and nav. Each to their own but not for me.

.....actually why SUK dont just release a sport pack for the SE and Elegance spec cars in the UK is beyond me....for those not in the market for a vRS but wanting an SE/Elegance with a little more sporting appeal could envisage it being quite a popular option...particularly given all the individual components exist and would be really easy to bundle.

Edited by pipsyp

I can understand your point of view pipsyp and producing a 'sport' variant could be a winner - but this is not that kind of variant and the sunset glass, wheels, spoilers, sat nav and flashy paint all give it more character than a bog standard SE and offer better value for money.

Something I would be interested myself in different circumstances.

I can understand your point of view pipsyp and producing a 'sport' variant could be a winner - but this is not that kind of variant and the sunset glass, wheels, spoilers, sat nav and flashy paint all give it more character than a bog standard SE and offer better value for money.

Something I would be interested myself in different circumstances.

Absolutely agree no denying its good value for money and a bit more interesting (and rare) than a run of the mill SE model.

Just tarted up regular models have never really done it for me personally, id want it to feel as well as look sporty and only the vRS manages that in the Octavia range. I like my 2.0 TDi Elegance, its quick for what it is (slightly quicker than my Mk2 vRS TDi for sure) and a great mile muncher but fun to drive it is not. I didnt buy it for that reason though.

• Like 1

Weird, that black one has MY14 climate control buttons....

Interesting

You might me right however the spec sheet says its based on 2015 SE.

Tour De France edition is definitely based on 2014 SE as it doesn't have the front center arm rest.

.....actually why SUK dont just release a sport pack for the SE and Elegance spec cars in the UK is beyond me....for those not in the market for a vRS but wanting an SE/Elegance with a little more sporting appeal could envisage it being quite a popular option...particularly given all the individual components exist and would be really easy to bundle.

Sport pack and black style pack for the Scout as well please if they are reading this...

Edited by Jeeves

Here is my brand new Octavia Estate Black Edition in Moon White. Picking it up next week. 

image2_zpsc50ffa60.jpeg

image3_zps85ad6bea.jpeg

image_zpsca063021.jpeg

Looks lovely mate, better than the black I think. Out of interest when did you order it ? I presume you took these photos at your dealership ? I ordered mine on the 15th July it was at status 36 which meant sat at port in Germany. I was told it was on the ship on Tuesday, so just wondered how long you had to wait between ordering and getting it here? 

• Like 1

Looks lovely mate, better than the black I think. Out of interest when did you order it ? I presume you took these photos at your dealership ? I ordered mine on the 15th July it was at status 36 which meant sat at port in Germany. I was told it was on the ship on Tuesday, so just wondered how long you had to wait between ordering and getting it here?

Thanks mate. I think White looks better too. It gives that little edge of the contrast. Which one did you go for?

I ordered on the 15th too however it was already on the boat to the UK and the car was untagged, so the dealer tagged it for me. It was at lorry awaiting status on monday, loaded on lorry on tuesday and landed at the dealer's on wednesday.

Hope it helps.

I have asked the dealer to replace the wing mirror covers with the metallic black ones before I pick it up next week. Only costed me £30. Not bad I think.

You should ask for a black grill as well #ditchthechrome

;)

Looks nice though. SWMBO wouldn't let me have white! She chose me Race Blue.

Edited by airscool
  • Like 2

;)

I wanted a black grill as well however the dealer wasn't sure how long i'll take to install. He mentioned we might have to take the bumper down etc etc. I said leave it...

;)

I think Race Blue looks nice on and it goes faster than white anyway....

• Like 1

I wanted a black grill as well however the dealer wasn't sure how long i'll take to install. He mentioned we might have to take the bumper down etc etc. I said leave it...

Yes the bumper needs to come off unless you break the surround - not advisable.

It took German Autocare (Leeds) a quoted 1hr and a half (including swapping out the Mirror Caps). This cost me £90. It's no more than about 20 starbolts in an array of places, but felt it better for them to do it with the correct tools and me put 2 hours in at work. I would have been all day doing it!

The chrome grill and caps can go on eBay!

Thanks mate. I think White looks better too. It gives that little edge of the contrast. Which one did you go for?

I ordered on the 15th too however it was already on the boat to the UK and the car was untagged, so the dealer tagged it for me. It was at lorry awaiting status on monday, loaded on lorry on tuesday and landed at the dealer's on wednesday.

Hope it helps.