Trying to fit Sport / Monte Carlo body kit to Elegance - info needed?

Citigouk

Would any monte carlo or sport owners be happy to let me know their chassis number so i can order the parts from my local skoda dealer for my citigo elegance?

As they have not sold a sport/monte carlo they don't have a chassis number to hand

thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

How much is this body kit? As I'm very tempted to do this to my citigo, be cheaper than buying a sport or monte carlo :)

It's very expensive to retrofit the sport body kit. 

I'm in the process of doing this. Looks great, though.

So far, I've bought the rear diffuser, and the rear spoiler. These parts are about £350.

Unfortunately, fitting both of these body parts is expensive because of the work that needs to go into fitting the rear diffuser; holes for clips have to be cut in the rear bumper. It was £250 (which was from an independent bodyshop, much cheaper than the £400 Skoda quoted me for fitting alone!)  :|

I've also fitted the tinted rear glass at 25% (Dark Smoke, second darkest tint) for £100.

The front splitter is about £150, that's next on my to-do list.

Here's a before and after of the rear sport body-kit on the elegance model (mine is the elegance greentech, so also features the 15mm lowered suspension).

BEFORE:

10444532_935223213170518_394279950216412

AFTER:

11036331_1113581708668000_85294021743817

I don't know how expensive the front splitter is to fit, I'm fairly sure (like the tailgate spoiler) it's just a bond on part. Doesn't even need painted, unlike the spoiler, so could be talking as little as £80-100. 

I'm not bothering with the side-skirts, which again are another £250 ish to buy, and fit.

But put it this way.

Rear Diffuser + Rear Tailgate spoiler - Parts and Fitted = £600

Rear Tints = £100

Front Splitter - Parts and Fitted = £~250

Side Skirts - Parts and Fitted = ~£~250

Even just doing what I'm doing, and leaving the Side Skirts, it's still £950 roughly to fit these parts! Pricey! But really worth it, for the looks, in my opinion.

Edited by Camlep
  • Like 1

Camlep, what does your insurance company think of the mods?

Tinted windows did not change my premium, and as I fitted almost in time with changing insurance company, I declared at the start of my new policy. So my insurance quote already happened to include the body kit; so I don't know what my premium would now be without it. A little less, I imagie. But hey-ho. It's still cheaper by nearly 400 quid than last year, because of two years no claims :)

Edited by Camlep

Tinted windows did not change my premium, and as I fitted almost in time with changing insurance company, I declared at the start of my new policy. So my insurance quote already happened to include the body kit; so I don't know what my premium would now be without it. A little less, I imagie. But hey-ho. It's still cheaper by nearly 400 quid than last year, because of two years no claims :)

Your car would look better red.. and you jammy sod, my insurance said they wanted £120 for tinting the windows

• Like 1

Your car would look better red.. and you jammy sod, my insurance said they wanted £120 for tinting the windows

Pishposh, White is the fastest!

And really! Seems a bit much, that's more than the cost of tinting them! I think it depends on your insurer.

• Like 1

It's bloody cheaper to get it lowered :D

Makes sense... A performance mod (upgrading springs) affects insurance more than cosmetic mods like window tints.... I hate insurance companies for this, they just make it up

• Like 1

Yep, although many of these body kit parts are aftermarket and do will void warranty

How do they invalidate your warranty, they are only cosmetic changes ? That's like saying tinting your windows or fitting your side decals has invalidated the warranty

How do they invalidate your warranty, they are only cosmetic changes ? That's like saying tinting your windows or fitting your side decals has invalidated the warranty

As far as I'm aware, same thing applies as fitting aftermarket engine mods, suspension mods etc. if anything happens, damage or anything, it cannot be fixed under warranty as it is not an official skoda part.

It's in the booklet you get when you buy the car. Body kit is under the same policy.

As far as I'm aware, same thing applies as fitting aftermarket engine mods, suspension mods etc. if anything happens, damage or anything, it cannot be fixed under warranty as it is not an official skoda part.

It's in the booklet you get when you buy the car. Body kit is under the same policy.

I could understand if you were drilling mounting holes in the bodywork and affecting the car structurally or causing an area of potential for corrosion. Most of these body kit parts can be bonded on to avoid such issues so wouldn't really damage the car.

I could understand if you were drilling mounting holes in the bodywork and affecting the car structurally or causing an area of potential for corrosion. Most of these body kit parts can be bonded on to avoid such issues so wouldn't really damage the car.

Perhaps. I'd definitely be a bit reluctant to dive into aftermarket parts for the Citigo!

• 2 weeks later...

I priced up a new front splitter for my montecarlo as I'm sitting quite low to the ground and a impact is inevitable, my tps dealer can get me one for £315 with trade discount if I remember correctly and side skirts cost me around£120 before paint and fitting

Watch it at renewal time. I did a rear window tint on our Volvo, logged it with Directline who said fine (but charged a admin fee..). Got a renewal quote and excess went up by 200 !, queried it and they told me it was due to the tinted windows !!!. Went back to NFU again who said, no probs and they are £5 cheaper than DL this time, DL's loss.

Watch it at renewal time. I did a rear window tint on our Volvo, logged it with Directline who said fine (but charged a admin fee..). Got a renewal quote and excess went up by 200 !, queried it and they told me it was due to the tinted windows !!!. Went back to NFU again who said, no probs and they are £5 cheaper than DL this time, DL's loss.

Shall do! Thanks for the heads up, though. Interesting that insurance companies are that misleading, though!

Shall do! Thanks for the heads up, though. Interesting that insurance companies are that misleading, though![/quote

Hopefully your will be at renewal time, DL were not in my case, like your mods, mines white but I specced it with tinted windows n 15" rims so am happy with the look. Was thinking about stripes but think I prefer the cleaner look without. Think 16" rims would be tidy and of course more power, mind at 4000 rpm n above it shifts not bad at all on our A n B roads.

Hopefully your will be at renewal time, DL were not in my case, like your mods, mines white but I specced it with tinted windows n 15" rims so am happy with the look. Was thinking about stripes but think I prefer the cleaner look without. Think 16" rims would be tidy and of course more power, mind at 4000 rpm n above it shifts not bad at all on our A n B roads.

Fingers crossed. I left DL after being mucked around, and many people I know are doing the same! 16" rims look awesome. The power is great from 3000-5000 in the 60PS mode, it's great fun on a country lane. Because it's not that powerful, you're able to keep your foot down in corners, to enjoy a bend without understeer and danger to yourself!