What tyres did you car come with

Elegance, Golus Conti CS2

Ambition plus, Denom Pirelli P7 Cinturato

Both OZ spec.

Happy with the road noise on the coarse-chip Victorian roads?

Thinking of upgrading to the Octavia III....

Edited by NPR

Happy with the road noise on the coarse-chip Victorian roads?

Thinking of upgrading to the Octavia III....

I haven't really noticed any problems with the CS2's, I find more noise when the Sunroof is tilted up then any tyre noise. I can't really comment on the Pirelli's as they ar on my wife's Ambition Plus and she won't let me drive it. ;-). My wife said she has no issue with the Pirelli's.

If you are based around Melbourne, drop in and see John at Peninsula Skoda, he's managed to sell a Superb and two Octavia III's to me so far. He's a pleasure to deal with.

VAG buy tyres on a bidding supplier basis. So they place a request for x000's of tyres in x size and the cheapest of the shortlisted suppliers wins.

• 1 month later...

My Octavia came in august with Nexen 215/55 on 16'' Velorum rims. Didn't like this at all, the tyres are made in Korea. I don't know if these are the tyres for Romania or these are the tyres for 16'' rims. Does anybody has also Nexen?

....but with the very impressive grip of this chassis it is hard to separate the tyres' contribution from that of the chassis.

Fully agreed, yesterday I drove mine for first time on Dunlops Sports on fast bends and corners, I must say that grip and traction were both impressive!!!

My Octavia came in august with Nexen 215/55 on 16'' Velorum rims. Didn't like this at all, the tyres are made in Korea. I don't know if these are the tyres for Romania or these are the tyres for 16'' rims. Does anybody has also Nexen?

My octavia elegance came with nexen 16" tyres (bw29)

April 2013 registered Elegance Hatch with 18" Golus came with Dunlop Sport something or other on. Not overly impressed with them in the wet compared to Goodyear Eagle F1s or Conti SC5s

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

F1s asimmetryc were the best tyres I had (on 18"). A tough job for any tyre to be put against these Eagles...

• Like 1

April 2014, my 1.6 TDI Elegance came with

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 225/45R/17  91W

Great in the dry, average in wet and I anticipate useless in winter so will swap them off.

Oh and after 5k miles of normal driving the fronts are at 5mm from the factory 8mm.