Citigo real world MPG

mhlikescars

Usually around early-mid 60mpg on 12 mile-each way journeys to work, usually refuel to the brim when the indicators passed the half-full mark, normally 310-320 miles, when I've gone to the warning Ping it's been around 440 miles

With a 109 mile trip around the new forest and Salisbury plain keping to near the speed limits where possible (and hills) we returned 65.4 MPG

Well, I didn't get the job, "pipped to the post" is what the interviewer said. She was very impressed with me but there was someone just  a bit better. 

I think even if I get a local job I might just treat myself to a Citigo anyway. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Sport, I make plenty of trips both around town several days a week and usually a couple of long journeys along the country roads and motorways. Over the few months that I have had it I have already done over 3000 miles and an overall average of around 55mpg (have been known to go over 60 but then it goes down when I have a little fun :devil: ).

Get over 400 miles out of a tank of fuel put it that way.

What an absolutely fabulous car! I absolutely love it!!!

In 20500 miles, my average is 62.2 mpg (real, not PID). Very happy with that. The best I had between fuelings was 71 mpg (6.95 gallons, 493 miles). The best I ever saw on the PID was 88.3 mpg after a trip of 102 miles (ever so slightly downhill). I don't do much city driving, though.

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/553950.html

Is it flat where you live and drive around?

The undulations/hills (No comparison to the Scottish/ Peek district) around where we live knock the MPG down to the high 50's

My commute is slowly undulating, I would say, and there is also a couple of minor hills. About 15 miles each way with speed limits mostly 50-60 mph. Average speed is about 35 mph.

• 2 months later...

I have an update.

Got a job, got a quote on a Citigo Elegance and when I get my first pay check I should be joining your community properly with a real life Skoda as long as I still like it when I do a test drive. the reviews suggest it'll be fine. 

I do have one small pickle. The sound pack, It's a 12 week wait with it or a couple of weeks waiting without it. I want it  but don't want to wait 12 weeks.

Edited by mhlikescars

I have an update.

Got a job, got a quote on a Citigo Elegance and when I get my first pay check I should be joining your community properly with a real life Skoda as long as I still like it when I do a test drive. the reviews suggest it'll be fine. 

I do have one small pickle. The sound pack, It's a 12 week wait with it or a couple of weeks waiting without it. I want it  but don't want to wait 12 weeks.

Food for negotiation? Say you're willing to wait 12 weeks, but you'd expect a price drop as compensation.  :angel:

All the dealers within a reasonable distance are the same group, would that make the prices the same? Same waiting time? The salesman checked group stock to see if they had any available sooner.

I'm happy with the price, it's the 12 week wait that I don't like.

How bad is the standard stereo? I'm assuming 2 speakers isn't very good at all.

Edited by mhlikescars

What demo cars do the dealer have. Try one and see what it sounds like and then try a vw garage to see if they have an up with the opposite sound set up. IMO there's a massive difference between the standard set up and the sound pack, although I think skoda should have the sound pack as standard on the elegance model.

They had a Citigo Elegance in the showroom but it didn't have the sound pack. The Mii did and I tried both but being in the showroom I only had them on quiet. The Mii didn't have half the equipment the Citigo had for the same price though.

The equivalent Up, the High Up is £30 extra more a month before any options. 

I agree it should have the sound pack on as standard, it's the heated seats and other little things for quite a low price that really attract me, my dad's car has heated seats and they're great. 

My quote was £114 p/m by the way.

Edited by mhlikescars

I will give it a good go when I'm next in, I am potentially buying a brand new car from them. 

That quote is 3 years, 10k miles per year and £2k deposit(my used car fund that is now going to be a deposit). Only option being the sound pack.

I had the quote with solid red but I might see how much extra I'll be paying to make it black, they look really smart in black. 

• Like 1

Hope you get the car you want - but it is a nice problem to have! It is annoying that the Citigo doesn't come with the sound pack as standard - except the Monte but that doesn't have heated seats as standard. They should have a Mii toca or i-tech for the same money as a citigo elegence - I think i-tech has replaced toca and has darkeded alloys and similar seats to the sport but they all come with PID and sound pack as standard - no heated seats though. Good luck! Andy

sorry mate - you won't get heated seats and the sound pack as standard in a stock vehicle unless you go for an up!. They are more expensive but people like carfile have them for a good £600 saving (they find a dealer willing to give the discount - a little way away but you can have them serviced anywhere - the database is national for servicing) and you get free insurance I think thrown in. Good luck again.

The Citigo Elegance has heated seats as standard, the sound pack is £100, the Elegance is £10,000, the High Up £11,245, you get the sound pack as standard but you pay an extra £1000 or so for the pleasure, and the badge. 

I'll be doing monthly payments. As said earlier the Elegance with sound pack = £114 p/m, High up = £143 p/m from the main dealers. 

I will have a look at Carfile after work. 

All the dealers within a reasonable distance are the same group, would that make the prices the same? Same waiting time? The salesman checked group stock to see if they had any available sooner.

I'm happy with the price, it's the 12 week wait that I don't like.

How bad is the standard stereo? I'm assuming 2 speakers isn't very good at all.

Try Des Winks in Scarborough.

• 1 month later...

To update and not just leave the thread without an ending. 

My priorities changed and I have now bought a 2007 Ford KA. 

Thanks for the comment and advice in this thread but I realised that paying over £100 a month for a car was not a great idea just yet, in a year or two I'll have a look at finance again. Thanks again for your help.