'Clean'Your'Car' DAS-21E Dual Action Polisher

ChrisRs

Ask about the smaller backing plate when you get there please Carl

AND

Does a Rupes backing plate fit?

Thanks

I will ask, hopefully I'll get a good chat with a few people and put some faces to names too.

No harm in asking Carl - but at the current price it's a screaming bargain as it is - no question!

Can't imagine there is much more he can drop the price - unless we got a Group Buy in place for example. :thumbup:

I'm not really after a cut price or anything, maybe just a little something thrown in with it would be nice.
  • Like 1

Also good to see that Tim is taking feedback from Detailing World etc and building up the kit options!! :thumbup:

Meguiars kit added with microfibre pads, Sonax polish and Lake Country pads, etc....

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-21e-dual-action-polisher/cat_148.html

I was reading on DW last night till the early hours. I also noticed Tim is listening to customer feedback and adding new kit to the deals.

I also remember someone saying they had tried a regular DA pad on the 21-E and that it worked but the vibration was bad a well as some unerving throw.

• Like 1

I'm not really after a cut price or anything, maybe just a little something thrown in with it would be nice.

Indeed..... that is what i was thinking..... maybe the 5" backing plate added as well?

Watch this space - certainly Tim is listening to the feedback - which is great to see!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Indeed..... that is what i was thinking..... maybe the 5" backing plate added as well?

Watch this space - certainly Tim is listening to the feedback - which is great to see! :thumbup:

I really want this polisher, I know it's daft because I have one but it's a new toy :) and I have this feeling of I need it lol.

I just better hope when I get to the test bench at waxstock that I don't get tempted into a Rupes or Flex :D or Amy will be going mad she's offered to buy me a 21-E I just want that smaller backing plate.

• Like 1

You can always sell your old DA here. I've sold both mine in minutes

I would Chris but then I think I would have wasted all the money I have spent on pads.

Plus I don't have much luck with selling things.

Sell pads too if unused

I could do buy I got such a bargain on some of them. Plus I've just ordered like another 20 or so from japan lol.

I'll know on Monday if I'm selling my DAS6 if your interested. I could certainly put you an amazing pad offer together lol.

• 1 month later...

MY REVIEW (As posted in CYC)

I recently bought this new DA, wanting a replacement from my rather basic DA setup.
Despite being a copy of the excellent Rupes 21 Bigfoot DA, it is no poor relation.
On first inspection, it feels a quality piece of kit and is very well made.
I wanted a DA that gives faster correction, is smoother to use, a little heavier but well balanced, and works with much reduced vibration.

The CYC DAS-21E delivers all this and more
If you are a Pro or an Amateur and do regular paint correction and don't want to pay double this price for effectively the same machine, then get this Polisher
It has already transformed my Detailing. Its less stressful and quicker to use

Initially it comes with a 6" backing plate, narrowing down the pad choice....but CYC soon rectified this by offering a 5" plate...or you can buy the 'Rupes' plate as it has the same fitment
I highly recommend

From what I have read on DW...it matches the Bigfoot very well

Ah, I see, so you are comparing it to something you have not tried, & are comparing it to something that someone else has reviewed!!

I'll bear that in mind on future recommendations, thanks for clarifying.

My future recommendations?

Rather an aggressive and sarcastic post don't you think?

I base my review mainly on my use of this machine that I own and have used.

It is a direct copy of the Rupes DA and from what I read from Rupes users on DW..it compares favourably.

My future recommendations?

Rather an aggressive and sarcastic post don't you think?

I base my review mainly on my use of this machine that I own and have used.

It is a direct copy of the Rupes DA and from what I read from Rupes users on DW..it compares favourably.

The fact that you say it is not a poor relation to the Bigfoot implies you have used them both, thus the reason I asked you to clarify whether you had used both machines. Also you say it is a direct copy, assuming you have taken them both to bits & compared parts etc, obviously not as you have already cleared up you have not used a Bigfoot. One can only assume you have read it somewhere.

I don't see any aggression in my post at all, if you feel threatened then I am very, very sorry.

• Like 1

If I misinterpreted your wording, then I too apologise

Would you like to substitute the word 'experienced' for the word 'senior'

or did you mean that?

I accept your apology, no I meant senior. I was always brought up to respect the elders.

I can't say experienced as the subject matter of this thread has only just been released, so no one is experienced at using it.

• Like 1

I haven't used the Rupes but I also have this DA and I agree with what chris was saying. Can not comment on rupes though. But I have also read that it's pretty much a direct copy.

Ps it did come across a bit confrontational.

I also don't understand why chris's age is relevant

• Like 1

I haven't used the Rupes but I also have this DA and I agree with what chris was saying. Can not comment on rupes though. But I have also read that it's pretty much a direct copy.

Ps it did come across a bit confrontational.

I also don't understand why chris's age is relevant

You agree with Chris that you have read it's a copy, yes I've read similar threads. But perhaps Chris should have worded it better as comparing it to something he has not used is not very good.

I have never mentioned his age, so I'm not sure where you are going with this.

Are my points not valid ones?

A quick further browse on DW and I saw this post:

I've been using the DAS-21E last week and this week, for around 6-8 hours a day. No issues at all, machine only gets warm not hot, works great with the Meguiars MF cutting pads and good with foam pads too. Providing it stays reliable I can highly recommend this machine, saves a fortune over a 21mm Bigfoot! :D