Alex's red Mk1 Fabia vRS BMN/BLT 16v hybrid - GTBvklr

alex_e3

Slightly neater than mine, but I am sure both will work well!   :thumbup:

Did you say what gauges you were putting in?  Mine is boost / EGT / combined oil/water temp

EGT, oil temp, oil pressure. Boost is on a pod on the right A-pillar.

He's gone for a chavometer, a Mcdscarparkometer and boost :)

Both of the first gauges will be pointing to maximum permanently!!! :D

They'll be better positioned than yours old man! I'm surprised you don't hurt your old neck looking down to them all the time :D

• Like 2

EGT, oil temp, oil pressure. Boost is on a pod on the right A-pillar.

They'll be better positioned than yours old man! I'm surprised you don't hurt your old neck looking down to them all the time :D

You need to remember my eyes work properly ;)

Mine are positioned for me to be able to see them,not to impress the chavs on the car park ;)

• Like 1

You need to remember my eyes work properly ;)

Mine are positioned for me to be able to see them,not to impress the chavs on the car park ;)

I'll give you that one (the first part anyway!) :D

You're so obsessed with McDonalds pal...  I think you have a complex about the place. Bad experience as a child??!

Your eyes must be in place of your nipples if you consider your gauges fitted to be able to see them! :D

• Like 2

I had an oil pressure gauge but after I went through 3 electronic senders (seems diesels shake them to bits...) I swapped out for a voltmeter instead.

I would hope the car warns me about pressure but I like to see oil and water temps, particularly water when on a trackday. :)

Your eyes must be in place of your nipples if you consider your gauges fitted to be able to see them! :D

You wouldn't know mine weren't OEM though,where as yours scream 'Max Power' :D

I had an oil pressure gauge but after I went through 3 electronic senders (seems diesels shake them to bits...) I swapped out for a voltmeter instead.

I would hope the car warns me about pressure but I like to see oil and water temps, particularly water when on a trackday. :)

Your engine will be knackered just about by the time your low oil pressure light illuminates.

We're your sensors hard mounted to engine?Thats one of the benefits of the Draft42 remote kit,the rubber hose from engine to the remote fitting does not transmit any vibrations :)

• Like 2

Is this it?

I still have the gauge to might be potential to get it fitted.  Why not have a fifth gauge eh? :D

http://www.43draftdesigns.com/VW-Oil-Pressure-Relocation-Kit_p_314.html

or within UK awesome look to sell them

http://www.awesomegti.com/42draft-vw-oil-pressure-relocation-kit

Edited by devonutopia
  • Like 1

Cool that's the one I've got easy to fit?

Bit fiddly but pretty easy yeah.

You might need to extend your oil pressure switch wiring depending on where you locate the T piece.

You remove the standard oil switch and screw in the rubber hose where the switch came out of,then you screw your gauge sender and your standard oil pressure switch in to the Draft42 T piece :)

• Like 1

You wouldn't know mine weren't OEM though,where as yours scream 'Max Power' :D

Says he with 3 digital gauges sticking out of the centre of the dash :D   Mine are green with red needles like the standard gauges ;)

Pod will blend in really nicely and look like it was meant to be there once the flocking is done :)   All parts have now been dropped off ready to be done anyway!

I hope your windscreen glass fits over the pod ok :D

Already checked ages back ;)

Is this it?

I still have the gauge to might be potential to get it fitted.  Why not have a fifth gauge eh? :D

http://www.43draftdesigns.com/VW-Oil-Pressure-Relocation-Kit_p_314.html

or within UK awesome look to sell them

http://www.awesomegti.com/42draft-vw-oil-pressure-relocation-kit

As Kev said, that's the one! Check out earlier in this thread - there's details of where I've mounted it etc...   I've extended the pressure switch wiring to accommodate the relocation.

Edited by alex_e3

Randomly managed to get hold of a second set of 17" TT Comps today!...

36291990654_fea1a1c9c2_z.jpg

These will be going off for refurb in the new year to be done in a dark anthracite colour. So I will now have a set of summer and winter wheels :)

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 1

Small update...

I removed the back wiper again today. This time for good! I fitted one of the hard acrylic grommets...

36730787220_cab296cc4c_z.jpg

A good dose of sealant behind it and it's nicely in place...

36957123022_824c1bb351_z.jpg

I turned my attention to sorting out the interior of the car ready to fit the newly flocked dash. I removed all the gauges, pods, padding and cable ties that I'd put in place, then slowly set about re-routing some things (easier to get a better routing with the dash out), such as the boost gauge sender wire, RCA's etc...

I fed a spare wire through the grommet in the bulkhead that will eventually go to my ECU to allow me to live-switch between maps (coming soon!!). Then I used some more thick sealant to seal any remaining gap up...

36730783260_a0e8c0b94f_z.jpg

I had to extend the power wiring that I'd made for the gauges, due to the longer routing that I am now having to take with it. So out came the soldering iron! Extended loom done...

36730781730_05cec487a2_z.jpg

This loom was then completely wrapped with insulation tape again. I then fed these through to behind the heater box, then up to by all the thick wiring looms at the back. I also did the same with the sender looms for the gauges. These were neatly routed too...

36986126401_061320cb84_z.jpg

36730778940_9f3eb2f740_z.jpg

All the brackets that I removed from the dash for the track day are now back in place ready for it to be re-fitted.

Bit of an anal thing to do next, but I've always been slightly irritated by how much of a pain it usually is to fit the head unit. This is due to the mass of wires that are on the adaptor block. So... I decided that this needed sorting! I cut down the original loom. Started here...

36957123872_ddb84ca630_z.jpg

Then set about soldering it all back up much shorter...

36957118392_0e25869a5e_z.jpg

Finally I insulated all the new joints and then wrapped the whole lot...

36730775250_d5660e7b96_z.jpg

Chuffed with how much neater it is. I've checked it and everything still works, including all the speakers and the memory.

So... I'm hoping that the next update will be when I begin re-fitting my freshly flocked dash :)  I'm really looking forward to seeing the end result.

Edited by alex_e3

How do you find not having a rear wiper? Mine stopped working for a day and it drove me nuts not being able to see anything. (Rainy track day)

Can't you apply some rain-X type product so rain doesn't stay on the screen?

I'm torn between... Removing it completely and fitting the Polo 9n3 flat blade rear wiper

Anychance of putting one on the scales?

Good thinking Batman! Will do.

How do you find not having a rear wiper? Mine stopped working for a day and it drove me nuts not being able to see anything. (Rainy track day)

Doesn't bother me to be honest. I barely use it anyway. Plus in the dark I can't really see much more due to the tints.

Hutchy, I personally don't like the smaller wiper. So I've removed mine purely for looks. I only put it back on because I was going to sell up!

I never use my rear wiper so may remove mine. Any links to the grommet.

Link...  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Fabia-Mk1-Rear-Back-Dewiper-Blank-Bung-Delete-Kit-De-Wiper-VRS-etc-/321946637409?hash=item4af583d461:g:VDoAAOSwsB9WBAqZ

Expensive for what it is, but looks far better than a rubber grommet which someone can easily remove too. There's a glass one available too, but it's £17 and the one I have now looks spot on.

No way I could not have a rear wiper!

If you drive a little 'spirited' on the road how do you spot the law behind you? ;)

Surprising how hard it is to identify cars behind you in your side mirrors,much easier in centre mirror :D