Cooling Fan CU Recall

Taylor93

While having my Citigo serviced today, they informed me it would take longer as there was a recall to be fitted to my 62 Plate (built July/August 2012) regarding the Cooling Fan Control Unit, supposedly some have failed and resulted in the fans staying on and draining the battery.

Just wondering if anyone else had heard anything about this?

Also found as a part of my service my front tyres are significantly worn :P too many roundabouts in medway :D

It is not a 'Recall' though unless they are doing a Manufacturers Recall & Contacting Registered Keepers or Using VOSA Recalls and getting Registered Keepers Contact details.

Then it will be on the VOSA Recall Site like the Air Bag Sensors were.

It is a 'Service Campaign', and like many Skoda & VWG Service Campaigns, a Silent Service Campaign where you are at a Dealership about something and they tell you 

'There is a Recall'.

It is a shame that Skoda UK do not have 'Service Campaign & Recall VIN Checkers on Skoda UK Websites,

so that Owners can see what is possibly needing going on their vehicles.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Was this only the early ones? I asked specifically about mine prior to it going for service and was told there were no recalls of any sort applicable, built May/June 2013.

Ours was done when we had our first service done in March 2013 (Should have said serviced in March 2014)

my car was first serviced september 2013, and nothing was said then, they mentiioned initially it was a software change, but now they physically change the unit. i.e. a hardware change.

the supposed fault was that the controller would fail causing the fan to stay on and therefore draining the battery.

The dealer called me to have this upgrade done (it was right after an ordinary service, so maybe they forgot to do it then).

It was both a hardware and software upgrade in my case.

• 3 months later...

Only just had a text from dealer "good morning you have a recall on your vehicle. Please contact dealer"

My problem was I have two Skoda's, so had no idea which one until I rang them, they explained it was the Citigo for this fan thing.

Had it done today but they did not say what,may have been just the software update.

• 2 months later...

Well I'm very unhappy with my dealer for not doing anything about this. Although I've only noticed it happen twice in the last few months. I've owned the citigo long enough to have 2 services done on it now and on neither one they mentioned anything to do with this!  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown: