Love the diff but she's filthy!  What power are you running?

yup she was..   a visit to brands hatch southbank can be the culpret for that.. been sat up parked since then.   powerwise, shes running a pd150 hybrid turbo, jabba print out is 206 with 387ftlb.  it feels more tbh but until im on the rollers agian i will not know.    The diff is mental..   in the rain today and the cars doing things it should not phisicly do in the wet lol

• Like 1

Seen pics of this on the FB page and liked the look of it. Car looks really well and has the power to match it.

Where abouts did you get the gauge mounts from? I was tempted to do a pillar pod but I will end up fitting 3 gauges so your location maybe better suited.

gauge mount off ebay..   i mite put them on the pillar yet..  not sure if i like them there, they would be ok if they were normal Needle gauges but being all LCD hard to read at a glance.

Massive update incomming...   consisting of..

New clutch

Wavetrac Diff

AMDs massive f3ck up list

broken bits

Brands hatch tack day

car strippage

Tarox 6 pots.. 

LOads mate.   wasnt gonna say nothing, but after learning similar things left undone on a fellow brisky members car and constantly finding more faults..  im not gonna keep it to my self. 

I have not rang them as it will just be the whole "prove it" thing.   so... 

shame as i dont like being nagative on ere..      i will proceed.

• Like 1

So a few days ago i got my car back from AMD essex.     1st off i will say i have been in the garage/motor trade for a long time, the only reason i did not attemt my diff my self if because i didnt have the time, could not be arsed and have not got the right tools to be drilling out bits in me gearbox. 

so the car got dropped off at 8:30am wedneday and the fella behind the counter asked if it would be ok if i didnt get the car back today. i was quite shocked with this as i was not expecting it back, so for them to say that told me it would be ready the following day.

Thursday come and i heard nothing. i really was cool with this as i know they a busy bunch, so i left it till 11am friday morning to ring them.  I was told the car is pretty much done and he just putting the last little bits together.  They will ring me this afternoon and i can collect.  so i thought sweet...

at 4:45 i rang tham asking how we getting on, to be told the same thing as the morning. now i know im being blagged i say to them whats left to do. I was assured that it relly was the last little bits so i said ill see them in the morning.  I was then told to leave it till the afternoon and they would ring me around lunch time. 

2pm arrives and i get a call saying its done.   Now...  i understand things sometims dont goto plan with cars, BUT.. i would rather of been told the truth as to why i cannot collect my car.  Still...  i let it go and proceeded to collect the car.   

I get to AMD and get given the keys to the car..  1st thing i noticed was my Freashly new gauges that i fitted hours before  taking to amd (as shown on here) was not showing any reading. I thought to my self, they prob have left the earth off or something silly and in the excitment of getting my car back thouhhtd sortt  hen i get home. 

2nd thing i noticed, i have NO control over myy lights.   My head lights were on and i could not turn thm off..   could not turn fogs on or nothing.  ( i will come back to this)

so i pull away and its quite juddery, knowing that clutches need to bed in a little i also over looked this as its relativly normal, especially for a paddle clutch. 

Now im home, i pop the bonnet to sort my gauges out.. 

this is what i found..

20141101_163423.jpg

thats my oil temp sender.. as u can see the wire is clean off.. 

20141101_163012_1.jpg

20141101_163417.jpg

this is my oil pressure sender..  totally fell to bits once i moved it..

to say i was a little pi55ed is an understatment as i only just fitted all this,...  

So now i move on to my head lights..    why will they not turn off... 

the reason, is because where they changed my Master cylinder they took the lower dash trims off..  BUT in putting it all back together the wedged fk out of my Auto light moduel so the connector that clips into the switch was not in correctly.   i refitted propely and my auto lights and switch now work.

At this point i went indoors...

Sunday morning comes and i have a track day tomorrow...  so after all this found i wanted to check the car over.. 

ill round this down in short.. 

the juddering.. 

subframe bolts not dont up tight...

the smell was oil residue everywhere..

i also serviced the car ready for track and when removing the dipstick this came with it...

20141102_160403.jpg

snapped to f3ckery

20141102_160411.jpg

something siny caught my eye...   oh yeh... its the 9mm spanner they left on my bleed nipple of my slave cylinder..  

10370358_764955456908816_806548173637135

that could of been fun flying off into someone on a track day.. 

i took my air box off to hoover it out when servicing it and noticed my engine mount bolt was higher than the other...   yup..    not done up.  so the thread on the bolt was all mash up where it had been moving.

my boost pipe for my fmic was knocking on the chassis leg so i adjusted it to find the cap for my brake fluid res was not done up.. 

my battery cover thingy, there is a bit of plastic that covers the wiring at the front..  guess what...  snapped and pushed on...

last but not least...  (maybe coincidental) but my EML light comes on every morning.. fault code says its the glow plug control module (little relay next to the battery)   this never done it before...

BUT BUT BUT...      the clutch altho slightly juddery in 1st n 2nd worked fab on the track..   as did the diff so that bit was succesful.     im thinking the juddering is more to do with console bushes as lower reved pull offs bangs a bit..   the clutch its self is just typical  paddle clutch but im sure will improve with the fitting of these.. 

20141104_172454.jpg

Just to say...   i was going to keep quiet about the small niggles on my car,  but small niggles have turned into loads of broken bits so balls to em..   sue me..  because of them its costing me more money, thats after spending over £700 in labor for them to fit my bits..  

Not on in my book.

i will update more in a minute..   on a more positive note.  :) 

• Like 1

So a few days ago i got my car back from AMD essex. 1st off i will say i have been in the garage/motor trade for a long time, the only reason i did not attemt my diff my self if because i didnt have the time, could not be arsed and have not got the right tools to be drilling out bits in me gearbox.

so the car got dropped off at 8:30am wedneday and the fella behind the counter asked if it would be ok if i didnt get the car back today. i was quite shocked with this as i was not expecting it back, so for them to say that told me it would be ready the following day.

Thursday come and i heard nothing. i really was cool with this as i know they a busy bunch, so i left it till 11am friday morning to ring them. I was told the car is pretty much done and he just putting the last little bits together. They will ring me this afternoon and i can collect. so i thought sweet...

at 4:45 i rang tham asking how we getting on, to be told the same thing as the morning. now i know im being blagged i say to them whats left to do. I was assured that it relly was the last little bits so i said ill see them in the morning. I was then told to leave it till the afternoon and they would ring me around lunch time.

2pm arrives and i get a call saying its done. Now... i understand things sometims dont goto plan with cars, BUT.. i would rather of been told the truth as to why i cannot collect my car. Still... i let it go and proceeded to collect the car.

I get to AMD and get given the keys to the car.. 1st thing i noticed was my Freashly new gauges that i fitted hours before taking to amd (as shown on here) was not showing any reading. I thought to my self, they prob have left the earth off or something silly and in the excitment of getting my car back thouhhtd sortt hen i get home.

2nd thing i noticed, i have NO control over myy lights. My head lights were on and i could not turn thm off.. could not turn fogs on or nothing. ( i will come back to this)

so i pull away and its quite juddery, knowing that clutches need to bed in a little i also over looked this as its relativly normal, especially for a paddle clutch.

Now im home, i pop the bonnet to sort my gauges out..

this is what i found..

20141101_163423.jpg

thats my oil temp sender.. as u can see the wire is clean off..

20141101_163012_1.jpg

20141101_163417.jpg

this is my oil pressure sender.. totally fell to bits once i moved it..

to say i was a little pi55ed is an understatment as i only just fitted all this,...

So now i move on to my head lights.. why will they not turn off...

the reason, is because where they changed my Master cylinder they took the lower dash trims off.. BUT in putting it all back together the wedged fk out of my Auto light moduel so the connector that clips into the switch was not in correctly. i refitted propely and my auto lights and switch now work.

At this point i went indoors...

Sunday morning comes and i have a track day tomorrow... so after all this found i wanted to check the car over..

ill round this down in short..

the juddering..

subframe bolts not dont up tight...

the smell was oil residue everywhere..

i also serviced the car ready for track and when removing the dipstick this came with it...

20141102_160403.jpg

snapped to f3ckery

20141102_160411.jpg

something siny caught my eye... oh yeh... its the 9mm spanner they left on my bleed nipple of my slave cylinder..

10370358_764955456908816_806548173637135

that could of been fun flying off into someone on a track day..

i took my air box off to hoover it out when servicing it and noticed my engine mount bolt was higher than the other... yup.. not done up. so the thread on the bolt was all mash up where it had been moving.

my boost pipe for my fmic was knocking on the chassis leg so i adjusted it to find the cap for my brake fluid res was not done up..

my battery cover thingy, there is a bit of plastic that covers the wiring at the front.. guess what... snapped and pushed on...

last but not least... (maybe coincidental) but my EML light comes on every morning.. fault code says its the glow plug control module (little relay next to the battery) this never done it before...

BUT BUT BUT... the clutch altho slightly juddery in 1st n 2nd worked fab on the track.. as did the diff so that bit was succesful. im thinking the juddering is more to do with console bushes as lower reved pull offs bangs a bit.. the clutch its self is just typical paddle clutch but im sure will improve with the fitting of these..

20141104_172454.jpg

Just to say... i was going to keep quiet about the small niggles on my car, but small niggles have turned into loads of broken bits so balls to em.. sue me.. because of them its costing me more money, thats after spending over £700 in labor for them to fit my bits..

Not on in my book.

i will update more in a minute.. on a more positive note. :)

Has Dark Heros been checked as well as I'd hate to think of what would've happened had you not checked as this place should not do any work on cars as this is just poor quality job.

Monday!    Brands hatch Track Day!! 

What a top day!!  many thanks to Bossfox for organising it...  Massive thanks to Jake hill for the 20 mins of scaring the **** outta me.. and it being my first ever track day..  in the pi55ing rain everyone was in high spirits.

so this happened..

20141102_204813.jpg

hehehe..  

every little helps and all that.. 

20141103_162941.jpg

my fav pic of the day..

20141103_163353.jpg

i thought whilst the seats were out ill give it a good clean..   inside of the boot, spare wheel well got it,   the boot carpet i spilt a bit of Millers on it so it stunk all track day..  this is now hanging up at work with the bored removed drying as it got de-greased and jet washed.   fingers crossed that sorts it.    Im also going to replace the flimsy bit of cardboard with some 10mm MDF with a false floor. (more on that when i do it.) 

20141105_163623.jpg

cleany clean..

20141104_165604.jpg

20141104_165609.jpg

20141104_165616.jpg

20141104_165620.jpg

20141104_172511.jpg

This morning This arrived at work....

20141105_120908.jpg

20141105_120913.jpg

20141105_120920.jpg

I had to stay late tonight waiting for some limo that were stuck on the m25 so i thought id strip down my new shinys.. 

removed all the red (and green paint that was underneath)   cleaned all bolt threads, shined up bolt heads, de greased/ dusted them, fitted new bleed nipples, cleaned up braded lines,  made pretty..

20141105_174630.jpg

20141105_174647.jpg

20141105_174722.jpg

20141105_181026.jpg

20141105_181030.jpg

20141105_181517.jpg

20141105_181527.jpg

before.. 

20141105_181549.jpg

after..

20141105_182023.jpg

20141105_182032.jpg

20141105_182408.jpg

20141105_182414.jpg

20141105_182713.jpg

thats 1 done..

20141105_182828.jpg

before and after...

20141105_182904.jpg

20141105_183217.jpg

20141105_193020.jpg

20141105_193028.jpg

all ready for paint.. 

ill will be painting them Cadbury Purple pearl and will be re-lettering the text in either silver or white..   im undecided. 

much excite and thats that done! :)     thread updated.

• Like 3

Be careful with 6 pots and a stripped interior. The arse end can get very light. Nearly get an endo

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

hahahah cool..    endo into work!  

unfortunatly...  i gotta put the interior back in..   come the weekend im gonna have to take the wife n kids out! lol    ill enjoy it till then tho..   thanks for the tip charlie ;)

• Like 2

Tarox progress

1st coat

20141106_140204.jpg

2nd coat

20141106_153013.jpg

20141106_153022.jpg

20141106_172949.jpg

20141106_173001.jpg

20141106_173017.jpg

and for those of you thay have read my previous posts, my EML light keeps comming on since i got my Clutch and diff done.....  i now know why..

20141106_181426.jpg

as its not plugged in!   

its wedged under my battery tray!

20141106_181442.jpg

Tw4Ts!!   

• Like 4

its ok.. check out the brisky facebook page.  no point ringing them and moaning as they will just deny it..  they blagged me enough on collecting it so..    as i said, i was going to keep quiet but its getting rediculous now.  every day i found something else fecked or undone/unplugged.  i found a pic of my car on there AMD page and commented.   i shared it on briskoda so they will have to resolve it on a public forum.

https://www.facebook.com/AmDTuning/photos/a.10152877420583701.1073742093.75615863700/10152877432963701/?type=1&theater