Briskoda at Brands Hatch - season closer - 3rd November

BossFox

Be good if we could get a couple of Superb's out on track?

The 2.0 tsi should be nippy

A clash of the titans?????

Since the 2.0 TSi was DSG only, you could just leave it / them in "S" mode & allow the driver's skills / courage to win the day!

My EOS might be quicker, fatter tyres & wider track, but it's heavy + the DSG ratios are taller than our Skodas, possibly not getting above 3rd at Brands.

Rich, sorry, just to clarify is this going to be a Briskoda exclusive day or is it essentially us organising group attendence at a standard MSV day with added garages and instruction?

The latter.

I assumed so.

I know your love of Skodas is pretty unrivalled but hiring out Brands Hantch for us seemed excessive even for you ;)

Any Brisky folk welcome Pasty...

Skoda owners or not. ;)

• Like 1

1. BossFox
2. Dark_Hero
3. Taylor93
4. Skoda Saint
5. Money Hungry
6. sibart
7 . HongKongPhooey
8. Danny6189
9. SkippyVRS
10. ilmor
11. BJB540
12. HardcoreHobbit

Might as well sign myself up for now... see how it goes.

• Like 1

I spoke with Jake today and confirmed he is happy to be our instructor for the day.

For those who don't know him his is a fully trained instructor and also races for a living, lives 20 minutes from Brands Hatch and knows it well.

Just need to sort a few details with MSV now.

• Like 4

Right folks this day is a go.

Here is the link to the day:

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car-home/event-details.aspx?productid=2424&calType=openpit

07:30-8:20 Signing On
08:30 Briefing
09:00 Track Time Begins
12:00 Lunch
13:00 Track Time Restarts
16:00 Track Time Ends

If you want to attend please PM for a paypal email or bank info and pay a £50 deposit to me as I am booking the whole thing.

(I have PM's the other 13 people on the list already)

The other £90 will be payable by the end of October.

So that's £140 for a full track day at Brands Hatch, with garages and with our own Instructor, Jake Hill.

£19 off the typical day price with free garage use and instructor for those than need it.

A rota will be organised for those that would like instruction in 20 minute slots.  9 morning and 9 afternoon.

Ideally starting with the least experienced in the morning and the experienced drivers in the afternoon.

Preference will go to those that pay a deposit first.

Those interested so far...

1. BossFox

2. Dark_Hero
3. Taylor93
4. Skoda Saint
5. Money Hungry
6. sibart
7 . HongKongPhooey
8. Danny6189
9. SkippyVRS
10. ilmor
11. BJB540
12. HardcoreHobbit
13. vrsrs

14. vrsmark

Those booked in:

1. BossFox

• Like 1

Someone is keen!

Booked in list:

1. BossFox - Paid

2. BJB540 - Deposit Paid.

Did you not see how terrible my time was at How Fast? I need as much practice as I can get :).... Just to improve and to keep Jon quiet. ;)

• Like 3

Did you not see how terrible my time was at How Fast? I need as much practice as I can get :).... Just to improve and to keep Jon quiet. ;)

Good thing with this day is that you'll have more time on track plus freedom to jump in with other people during the day or get someone in with you.

Hopefully it should be a good day.

Really looking forwards to this as it will be my first time on track - nervous too as my car is my daily and don't want it broken or bent....... :S  :S

• Like 2

Really looking forwards to this as it will be my first time on track - nervous too as my car is my daily and don't want it broken or bent....... :S  :S

Kudos for having the balls to do it.

Just build up the pace and pick up a few pointers from others, it'll be fine.

You'll have the third instructor slot in the morning too.