Build times ?

Yep, 16 weeks seems about right. I ordered on 1st July, Factory accepted order on 8th July, and still no allocated build date. The earliest I am expecting the car is end of October being realistic about it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Wow. I dream of build/delivery times that good.

I ordered may 7 (wk 15) and now have a confirmed build week of week 38 (Sept 15). Add shipping time to the right side of the world, and i'm going to be lucky to see it the week before xmas.........

For the equivalent of a SE spec 1.4tsi manual estate, with some extras.

I ordered my VRS on 02/08 and have been told it should be with the dealership end of Sept / beginning of Oct. Was originally expecting a 17 week wait but if the dates the dealer have on the system are correct it will be around 9-10 weeks.

I'm not holding my breath however.. :)

Edited by Galathrox

I ordered my VRS on 02/08 and have been told it should be with the dealership end of Sept / beginning of Oct. Was originally expecting a 17 week wait but if the dates the dealer have on the system are correct it will be around 9-10 weeks.

I'm not holding my breath however.. :)

That must have been a cancelled order still in the system, or a dealer pre-ordering one on a punt :)

Others who have ordered before you on vRS and non-vRS models are only just getting allocated build weeks with expected deliveries at the end of October.

19 weeks from order (vRS wagon) for me. Deposit paid 22nd of April and I pick it up (finally) on Tuesday. At least I know it's in the country now, dealer emailed to let me know it was safe, well and as I ordered it.

• Like 2

That must have been a cancelled order still in the system, or a dealer pre-ordering one on a punt :)

Others who have ordered before you on vRS and non-vRS models are only just getting allocated build weeks with expected deliveries at the end of October.

I did think as much when the dealer called to update. I was as surprised as he was, especially as I made some additions after placing the initial order.

To be honest I'm 99% expecting the date to be wrong and was fully prepared to not have the car this side of Christmas, although if it does make it here quicker I shan't be upset :)

• Like 1

Ordered last week of March, built middle of June (just after MY15 production started), pick it up on Monday...

First time in a very long time I'll be wanting the weekend to go quick and get to Monday!  :sun:

• Like 2

You can change options and colours without affecting the build date at any point up to a provisional build date being allocated. Sounds like you struck lucky!

I'll believe it when I see it, I'm generally a very unlucky chap :) Got Ben keeping an eye out for the Rallye green monster at the docks for me.

I was quoted 2 months in Estonia for ambition 1.8 TSI octavia, but found a suitable (Elegance Plus even) car sitting in Czech-s lot somewhere and got it in 5 days :).

Also for Estonia, 2.0TSI vRS was said to be about 75 days wait, but that went a bit out of my price (and patience) range sadly.

Haha well things certainly have improved. I ordered my Vrs TDi on 16th December 2013 and am picking it up on 1st September 2014 a wait on almost 9months!!! So people moaning about a wait of 2, 3 or 4 months really need to put things in perspective.

Yep, 16 weeks seems about right. I ordered on 1st July, Factory accepted order on 8th July, and still no allocated build date. The earliest I am expecting the car is end of October being realistic about it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I ordered my L&K 1.8TSi DSG Estate on the 8th August and was advised that delivery would be 12-14 weeks which seems a little shorter than your own so have they increased production of the L&K or is my supplier being optimistic ?

Silly really as it's only a run of the mill car all things considered. I'm in week 4 now of waiting for a build date.

Our dealer told us that the higher specced it is, the quicker it's built and from what we've heard from other buyers it seems to be like that.

Our dealer told us that the higher specced it is, the quicker it's built and from what we've heard from other buyers it seems to be like that.

Odd, as Skoda UK have said it doesn't make any difference really - you can add every available option and it won't make the slightest bit of difference to the build time.

What they do though is limit the number of each model manufactured each month for each market, so only a certain number of UK vRS, Elegance, Scout etc. will get built regardless of demand to some extent.

I don't mean adding once you've ordered, they told us that if you buy a fully specced one they seem to build it sooner than a basic one.

This seems to be the case in Spain at least, or maybe it's a trick to get people to get a more expensive one haha

Some dealers told us we couldn't add anything once the deal was signed and the dealer we're with said we can as long as it's before they've set a build date.

I don't think spec makes any difference in their planning however... The more options you add the more chance there is of you having problems with supply of some of them. My vRS was delayed from week 29 to week 35, the delay was introduced at week 28 as the suddenly had an issue getting hold of the xtreme 19" wheels. This is highly unusual as normally a build week gets confirmed 2 weeks before and won't change for anything but a major supply/production fault.

I don't mean adding once you've ordered, they told us that if you buy a fully specced one they seem to build it sooner than a basic one.

This seems to be the case in Spain at least, or maybe it's a trick to get people to get a more expensive one haha

Some dealers told us we couldn't add anything once the deal was signed and the dealer we're with said we can as long as it's before they've set a build date.

I didn't mean adding options after the order was placed, options are reasonably irrelevant unless they run out of parts as josedebardi said! And your dealer is correct, you can change options and colours at any point until you get allocated a build week, at which point the order is locked.

Each country gets a certain allocation of each model (SE, Elegance etc.) each month - it may be in Spain that the allocations of the higher spec models exceed the demand, so a higher spec one will get built quicker, as the lower spec allocations are less than the current demand so you are further down the queue if that makes sense.