207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

as for the L&K - was nice when i was in one too - but the sunroof puts me off with issues of creaking and leaking...

mrs has one on her golf and that creaks

• Like 1

as for the L&K - was nice when i was in one too - but the sunroof puts me off with issues of creaking and leaking...

mrs has one on her golf and that creaks

Not noticed any creaking yet, its a 65 plate with 10,000 miles on it. 

today will be the best day for out side polishing/waxing - going to rain all bank holiday weekend :(

I know!!! Problem is i left the wheels in the boot of the car so cant do it today anyway!!! The wife has got me building the new petrol mower anyhow  :(

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

Bit of an update, just spoken to the dealership who have been locking horns with SkodaUK, other dealers have had cars with the same issue but SkodaUK are not releasing the info they clearly have or the right software to accurately produce a job sheet from the ECU!!!

After lots of pushing they finally said there is a known issue with the AdBlue injectors, the next problem is that there isn't a replacement kit anywhere to be had, even after the dealership used contacts across the VAG dealer network!

So I'm having to wait even longer but it should result in a fully fixed car, meanwhile i have to suffer driving around in very nice Yei L&K :)

The car was due to be at Shark Performance today who have been great and are honouring the March discount price for me, just need to reschedule once I have the car back, itching to get all the suspension & breaking upgrades on, then a nice Shark remap :)

Update>>>>>

Well I've still not got the Yeti, they have replaced the injector and pump in the AdBlue system but still have the error popping up saying AdBlue 650 miles when its full!

The Yeti L&K I had was sold so I've now got a 65 plate Skoda Octavia SE L 2.0tdi 150PS, I've always liked the Octavia and this is a lovely car in my favourite blue :)

The issue with my Yeti has now been escalated to the Skoda Factory in the Czech Republic!! VW have a software solution but its not been passed on to Skoda who have nothing on the system, VAG obviously don't like to share! 

Edited by DarrellGB

The joke continues, the Octavia they gave me has a problem with the Sat Nav which i really need as use it a lot, so they sent up another car. 

This Yeti Monte Carlo in white, nice result, going to enjoy driving this to South Wales tonight :)

post-120571-0-58065900-1459605510_thumb.jpg

The saga continues, I was called on Monday to say the new AdBlue injector had been fitted and all was looking well, the service manager was taking it home just to put a few miles on it but I should have the car back by lunch time Tuesday.

Tuesday morning I get another call to say the AdBlue range had dropped again and the warning light was back on!!!!

They have now been asked by Skoda to send all the ECU information to the tech department at the Skoda factory.

I've now been in contact with Skoda UK to tell them if the issue can't be resolved I will be rejecting the vehicle or requesting a swop, they have opened a complaints file and are apparently looking into it.

That was yesterday and I've not had a call back yet, not impressed is an understatement but we are heading to the Lake District on Friday for a nice family break and putting some miles on the nice Yeti Monte Carlo :)

Damn and blast! Had my fingers crossed and everything.

Ah well - at least it's happened know, if it had to happen at all. So the option of rejection should at least be a bit more straightforward.

• Like 1

Damn and blast! Had my fingers crossed and everything.

Ah well - at least it's happened know, if it had to happen at all. So the option of rejection should at least be a bit more straightforward.

Good job I don't get stressed over daft things, the dealership (Mitchell Skoda) are being brilliant with me, they are more frustrated with Skoda than I am!

I'm just impatiently looking at a pile of upgrades just waiting to go on the car ;)

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

Well still don't have my Yeti back so gave the Monte Carlo a bit of wash and polish to get it ready for a week in the Lake District with the family, polishes up rather well :)

post-120571-0-85221400-1460052658_thumb.jpeg

post-120571-0-65866200-1460052677_thumb.jpeg

post-120571-0-99984900-1460052689_thumb.jpeg

post-120571-0-87359400-1460052744_thumb.jpeg

post-120571-0-01573600-1460052923_thumb.jpeg

post-120571-0-83993000-1460053000_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

Update......

The dealership have called to say they have replaced the whole AdBlue pump/injector system as their was no pressure. Now they have too much pressure and it's causing a leak!!!

Wish they could just remove the entire AdBlur system, but VAG have to be squeaky clean with the emissions, problem is its the customer who has to pay for it!! :-(

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 2

Where did u get the twin USB charger mate?

?

A couple of posts back, Darrell said he was going away for a week, so probably is still away enjoying himself. I'm sure he'll get back to you  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Been a way for a while but finally got my car back today :) it's had the entire AdBlue system replaced and is finally (fingers crossed) sorted :)

Not being one to waste time I got the new wheels on, mud flaps front and back and fitted the LED daytime running lights

I'll be on the phone to Shark Performance tomorrow to get it booked in for the long awaited work!!

post-120571-0-07883900-1461781595_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

Where did u get the twin USB charger mate?

It was from Skodadop I think, not sure if they still do them though?

Edited by DarrellGB

Looks good that

Can't wait to see how they get on with yours

How was the monte?

Monte was great, still prefere manual over DSG but apart from that a lovely car, it had a good drive in the Lake District, on and off road, never skipped a beat :)

Can't wait to get the other bits on tomorrow now, going to fit the RS pedals and wheel spacers tomorrow. Also going to de-badge all but the 4x4 badge, toying with the idea of a cheeky little 'R' badge for some tongue in cheek fun :)

That just leaves the:

- Bilstein B6's,

- Eibachs springs,

- 15mm spacers front & back.

- 312mm brake upgrade (may do this myself, depending on Sharks availability)

- Shark Stage 1 remap

Lower, wider stance, great dampers, just shy of 200bhp, bigger brakes, will be another nice little sleeper :)

Edited by DarrellGB