207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

Absolutely cracking day at Bedford, the GT circuit is fantastic, the Yeti performed brilliantly and certainly surprised a few :)

Few pictures thanks to Octavia5

DSCF1087%20-%20Copy_zpscy0nedf1.jpg

DSCF1086%20-%20Copy_zps75h3fko6.jpg

DSCF1081%20-%20Copy_zpsbhznmtot.jpg

DSCF1080%20-%20Copy_zpsnex8kgr0.jpg

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 2

It's pretty obvious that first photo was from early morning, those front wheels were black by the end of the day :D

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Very true, I'm glad I sealed the wheels or that brake dust would be baked on!!! ;)

looks brill

how you find the remap?

Overall very well, runs out of shove about 3500rpm in 4th so that needs tweaking, apart from that, very happy with it :)

is this a stand map that can go on or is it a custom one for your car?

Just wander what they offer for a straight flat map on STS?

It's a map that's been developed so maybe able to do it via STS, they were unsure as to what ECU we had, apparently it reads as an Octavia!!

Another pic from yesterday, think this is my fav so far :)

IMG_3694_zpsizsb0rxq.jpg

• Like 2

Big thank you to Wardy for his VCDS expertise, I've now got Hillhold and XDS activated on the Yeti :) we just couldn't figure out the auto wipers but I'm sure a bit of digging will sort it.

• Like 2

is the XDS permanently on?

Yes, you can programme soft, medium or hard via the VCDS. I've got mine set to medium, noticed a difference coming home in the wet today in a car that already handled well :)

• Like 1

Good to hear you've spotted a difference :thumbup:

On the Hill Hold comment earlier, Darrell's is a manual, not DSG. For some reason, presumably to keep specs levels different, Hill Hold isn't activated on all Yetis.

• Like 2

I know opinions are like farts, everybody has them :) but after Bedford my thoughts have turned to the exhaust on the 2.0tdi project, so I'm looking to see what you think.

Due to the Adblue system options are rather limited on the exhaust or i would just transplant the Milltek from the Greenline and after a little research It seems Im left with one option at the moment.

I'm looking at a rear muffler delete, litterly removing it, keeping the existing tail pipes but putting in a straight pipe where the rear muffler was.

Obviously there are no performance gaines but from the research I've done it does give a nice sporty note. I've looked ar countless you tube cars but wondered if anyone has first hand experience with doing this on the 20tdi?

Another plus is that it's very easy to return to stock when the time comes :)

Edited by DarrellGB

What do you think of the new tailpipe?

Mufflectomy done but the guys at LongLife Exhausts in Chester, cracking job and very professional set up.

I kept on changing my mind between keeping the stock look or going for something different. In the end, different won, a nice oval design which matches the bumper cut out perfectly.

I'm really pleased with it and the subtle but sporty note even with the DPF/Adblue constrictions , it sounds very nice :)

post-120571-0-79201500-1464194103_thumb.jpegpost-120571-0-27583400-1464194122_thumb.jpegpost-120571-0-54282500-1464194139_thumb.jpegpost-120571-0-57618700-1464194159_thumb.jpegpost-120571-0-32930500-1464194182_thumb.jpegpost-120571-0-47187400-1464194220_thumb.jpegpost-120571-0-89526000-1464194283_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 4

Oh wow, that's really nice!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep, looks decent that - different, but still fairly subtle :thumbup:

Thanks guys, heading back to Shark Performance on Friday, couple of little issues (flat spots etc) which showed up ar Bedford, Bens going to tweak things a little.

Been chatting with Xman750, he can build a turbo based on the CR184 but fitted with larger billet wheel, should be good for at least 240bhp (possibly more as it's never been done before) would be a bolt on upgrade and as far as I know, produce the most powerful tdi Yeti to date :) should be fun on track.

• Like 3

Thanks guys, heading back to Shark Performance on Friday, couple of little issues (flat spots etc) which showed up ar Bedford, Bens going to tweak things a little.

Been chatting with Xman750, he can build a turbo based on the CR184 but fitted with larger billet wheel, should be good for at least 240bhp (possibly more as it's never been done before) would be a bolt on upgrade and as far as I know, produce the most powerful tdi Yeti to date :) should be fun on track.

IF the 2.0 150TDI is the same as fitted to our new Superb, then one area I'd question is intake temps.

On previous TDIs it was relatively easier to fit a larger intercooler to reduce intake temps (as you know), which I guess you may need if you're running higher boost & power levels ?

On the 2.0 150TDI in the Superb3, the good old air-to-air intercooler is gone.

Instead the cooler is water based, a big chunk of metal sitting directly in front of the engine (I'm guessing the reason is to reduce lag as the intake length is much shorter).

There is a separate coolant circuit, which has it's own radiator at the front of the car (ie separate from the engine coolant).

So IF it's the same in the Yeti, I'd just bear this in mind.

I've no idea if anyone's looked at ways of improving intake temps on this setup.

• Like 2

IF the 2.0 150TDI is the same as fitted to our new Superb, then one area I'd question is intake temps.On previous TDIs it was relatively easier to fit a larger intercooler to reduce intake temps (as you know), which I guess you may need if you're running higher boost & power levels ?On the 2.0 150TDI in the Superb3, the good old air-to-air intercooler is gone.Instead the cooler is water based, a big chunk of metal sitting directly in front of the engine (I'm guessing the reason is to reduce lag as the intake length is much shorter).There is a separate coolant circuit, which has it's own radiator at the front of the car (ie separate from the engine coolant).So IF it's the same in the Yeti, I'd just bear this in mind.I've no idea if anyone's looked at ways of improving intake temps on this setup.

I've been discussing that very thing today, wether the the 2.0tdi 150ps in the Yeti comes with a Charge Cooler or an Intercooler.

A standard intercooler is £3-500 to upgrade, Forge do make a Charge Cooler upgrade but that's £1200+ !!!!

Edited by DarrellGB