207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

Just ordered the following from SuperSkoda:

- YETI - RS pedals for manual transmission -

- Skoda Yeti - RS6 MATT seat handle insert set

- Yeti - CHROME frame for radio panel

- Yeti facelift 2014+ original Skoda stainless steel exhaust tips

Post pics once there all fitted.

• Like 2

Thought I'd keep a record of what's been done so far on my Yeti Outdoor Greenline CR-S.

I'm terrible for personalising my cars so when we went for the base S model as it had a 2 week order instead of 4 months.

Here are the 'upgrades' made so far.

Cosmetic Changes:

- Door Sill Protectors

- Aluminium effect bumper step protector

- Parcel shelf net holder

- Bolero head unit upgrade from Swing model

- Osram Night Breaker - Dipped and Main Beam bulbs replaced, big improvement.

Engine Changes:

K&N panel filter replacement

CRt+ tuning box from DTUK, connects to both fuel rail and boost pressure sensors. With face mounted controls and was rolling road tested at an average of 136bhp and 330nm of torque.

More to come as time goes on, next I'm looking at dropping the Yeti even lower.

I'll get some more picks up later but here's a few.

Look at the twins and Yeti vRS to see about suspension drop as Richard has got it absolutely spot on with the ride height! KW V3 were used :)
  • Like 1

Look at the twins and Yeti vRS to see about suspension drop as Richard has got it absolutely spot on with the ride height! KW V3 were used :)

I've been following that thread with interest, he's given me some great tips on combing Golf and Audi Q3 springs, I've emailed Eibach to see if they will sell me a combined set.

• Like 1

As a matter of interest, when you do each of these mods obviously you ring your insurance company each time to tell them - as per their stipulations and terms and conditions etc......but do they charge you an administration fee each time you call?  Most seem to charge around £25 or £30....I know mine does.  I would imagine the cost of telling them every time you added or changed  something must start to add up?

Edited by oldstan

As a matter of interest, when you do each of these mods, obviously you ring your insurance company each time to tell them - as per their stipulations and termas and conditions etc......but do they charge you and administration fee each time you call? Most seem to charge around £25 or £30....I know mine does. I would imagine the cost of telling them every time you added or changed something must start to add up?

Easier to tell them all of the plans from the start and get it insured like that :)

As a matter of interest, when you do each of these mods obviously you ring your insurance company each time to tell them - as per their stipulations and terms and conditions etc......but do they charge you an administration fee each time you call?  Most seem to charge around £25 or £30....I know mine does.  I would imagine the cost of telling them every time you added or changed  something must start to add up?

They were not interested in OE parts as they are classed as direct replacements, the box didn't cost anything as it's classed as an Eco device. Same when I had my Mazda 5 converted to LPG, it didn't cost anything as they were classing it as an Eco alternative.

• Like 1

Shipping update from superskoda, latest mods just entered the UK, I only ordered it on the 30th August!! Snail mail, alive and well, still looking forward to fitting it all with my little lad this weekend :) can't beat father son projects :)

Shipping update from superskoda, latest mods just entered the UK, I only ordered it on the 30th August!! Snail mail, alive and well, still looking forward to fitting it all with my little lad this weekend :) can't beat father son projects :)

I ordered from Superskoda on Aug 30th and got my parts in todays post delivered by parcelforce

Edited by w1zzer
  • Like 2

I ordered from Superskoda on Aug 30th and got my parts in todays post delivered by parcelforce

I was hoping to have all the parts by now , it went on a long trip round Europe before landing with Parcelforce today :)

• Like 1

Been busy today and made it through the whole list apart from the DLR's.

So I've been busy fitting .....

Stainless Steel Pedals:

There's a fitting guide in the tech section: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/327338-stainless-steel-pedal-fitting-with-pics/?p=3928678

post-120571-0-42857200-1409939164_thumb.jpg

Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips:

post-120571-0-23794100-1409939225_thumb.jpgpost-120571-0-79615400-1409939244_thumb.jpg

Osram Nightbreaker, replaced main and dipped beam bulbs:

post-120571-0-74770300-1409939351_thumb.jpg

Dash Chrome surround for AC controls:

post-120571-0-00695400-1409939433_thumb.jpg

Seat handle Yeti emblem inserts:

post-120571-0-56614500-1409939495_thumb.jpg

Next up, the Yeti Greenline is heading over to Shark Performance on the 23rd Sept to be a donor car for the ODB mapping of the 1.6tdi, can't wait :)

• Like 2

Yeah, I did the chrome surround for the A/C controls but it still didn't really lift it enough for me - that's why I went down the piano black finish route.

I was thinking about that as it would tie in with the finish on the steering wheel. Was it done by a body shop? If you don't mind me asking, what did it set you back?

I give up - what is it? It's in the cig lighter socket so I'm guessing it's some form of inductive charger?

Spot on it's an official Skoda double USB charging point which emits a white glow from the outer ring :) I'm easily pleased :)

LED DRL ordered.

After finally tracking down the correct bulb type (PW54) which Skoda dealership didn't know! And also working out how to access them, I've ordered these CREE Bulbs, all reviews say they work with 99.9% of VAG group vehicle with no CANBUS issues .

I'll keep you updated when they are fitted next week.

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/pw24w-cree-leds-pwy24w-cree-led-50w?search=Pw24

Spot on it's an official Skoda double USB charging point which emits a white glow from the outer ring :) I'm easily pleased :)

Not spot on at all .... a double USB is a very different beast to an inductive charger.

CREE LED DLR's have arrived ( man that's a lot of capitols!!) I'll get them fitted tomorrow and report back for anyone wanting to switch there FL Yeti to LED ( or any Skoda using the PW24W bulb)

post-120571-0-20425400-1411064382_thumb.jpg

• Like 1