207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

I take it you'd need to remove the DPF as well ?

Edit: If you know your engine code I might be able to look up what sort of intercooler it's got (have just paid for an hour on ErWin and downloaded everything I could!).

Edited by muddyboots
  • Like 1

I take it you'd need to remove the DPF as well ?

Edit: If you know your engine code I might be able to look up what sort of intercooler it's got (have just paid for an hour on ErWin and downloaded everything I could!).

Just picked this up, I'll get the engine code tomorrow if you've still got access :)

If I were you Darrell, I would consider Water Injection

I've not really looked into this properly, I'm pressuring there are kits available to add additional water injection?

Just picked this up, I'll get the engine code tomorrow if you've still got access :)

Think it's the CUUB unit, for the 2.0 CR150 fitted to the Yeti.

Couldn't really come up with any CUUB info when I checked last night, but guess it'll still be a bit of a learning curve with what is still a fairly new unit.

• Like 1

Well I was at Shark today for a little fine tuning of the map and its confirmed that these engines are indeed charge cooled. After Ben had finished I headed over to Area52 Autosport (20 mins from Shark) who are known to run an accurate dyno, if anything it reads on the mean side and often disappoints the number chasers.

Three runs gave the lowest reading of 201.8bhp and around 340ftlb (461Nm) :) (the spike at the beginning was due to how the car was tied down) the highest figure on run 2 was 211bhp, top job again by Ben and nice to confirm his work on an independent dyno.

Interestingly the ambient temperature read as 19 with the intake temp showing 20, so it seems the charge cooler is actually doing a great job!

post-120571-0-29831400-1464380421_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 4

WOW great results!

About WI kit, somewhere I should still have a Devilsown kit, but there are several available and - after reading a while - I couldn't identify other than potential benefits of the installation, including... a cleaner engine :D :D :D

HTH,

Edited by Genoa1893
  • Like 2

I didn't pick up on the new tailpipe earlier but it does look very nice. Cost?

post-120571-0-32930500-1464194182.jpeg

Looks like someone has stuck an R badge on the tailgate when you weren't looking though. ;)

:) £140 all in, car grew the R badge for free ;)

So, loving the car and then someone decides to use my side of the road as I'm coming around a right hand bend!!!!

Front wing gone, wing mirror destroyed, driver and passenger door damaged plus rear quarter panel and both wheels!!!!

post-120571-0-70468400-1464431553_thumb.jpegpost-120571-0-68844600-1464431607_thumb.jpegpost-120571-0-59802000-1464431632_thumb.jpeg

This is the bend, thank God there was no body behind me and nobody was hurt, three young lads in a Chaved up Vauxhall Vectra thinking they were on a track!!!

post-120571-0-31095700-1464431864_thumb.jpeg

You can just see bits of the Yeti right on the bend!

Edited by DarrellGB

What do you think of the new tailpipe?

Mufflectomy done but the guys at LongLife Exhausts in Chester, cracking job and very professional set up.

I kept on changing my mind between keeping the stock look or going for something different. In the end, different won, a nice oval design which matches the bumper cut out perfectly.

I'm really pleased with it and the subtle but sporty note even with the DPF/Adblue constrictions , it sounds very nice

Looks a straightforward job to do on the Yeti as well, I wasn’t sure on this when you 1st posted it, but it is growing on me.

Q: did they disconnect the battery before welding?

Got a clip of the sound?

If only someone made an OE 280 Superb shaped tailpipe...

Yep, they disconnected the battery, I've not had chance to record any sound but I have been driving with with window down a lot more :)

It's a subtle difference in sound, little more sporty/refined with a little induction and turbo sound, very happy with it and a simple (cheepish) modification :)

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

Thanks, fitted a stainless exhaust on the TT (170 TDi) so i have a bit of an idea how much better they sound... not really louder just a bit deeper and better.

Just need someone to make a Superb tailpipe! 

• Like 1

Thanks, fitted a stainless exhaust on the TT (170 TDi) so i have a bit of an idea how much better they sound... not really louder just a bit deeper and better.

Just need someone to make a Superb tailpipe!

Purchase the tail pipe trims separately and get LongLife to make up the pipes for you, by removing the rear muffler you could have them branch the pipes off so you get two genuine exits instead of a dummy one :)

The tailpipes are not available separately, a pair of rear boxes are €750! and the drivers side one is then not useable due to the adblue tank being located the place the backbox would sit!

Not that I have looked into it... much  :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's because it's not a Citigo ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've had a Citigo on loan and it felt way nippier than this thing!!

• Like 1

Garage can't find my Wiger wheels in stock anywhere so have asked me to source some others and they'll replace all 4. There's a lot of 'nice' looking wheels out there but I've seen a cracking deal on a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's, what do you think, shall I go for substance over style?

If not then this is one of the others I'm looking at:

post-120571-0-19784200-1465424072_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

Garage can't find my Wiger wheels in stock anywhere so have asked me to source some others and they'll replace all 4. There's a lot of 'nice' looking wheels out there but I've seen a cracking deal on a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's, what do you think, shall I go for substance over style?

If not then this is one of the others I'm looking at:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

If I can find some time free tomorrow after work I can do a photoshop? :)

• Like 1