Sparkly

It's been a while since we had a Sparkly Bargain report.

Normally a steal at the usual cost of £3.00 but reduced to £1.00 ??????, They come very good after their first wash and tumble dry.  For me there is very little in it between these and some towels that online merchants charge up to £15.00.  Perfectly serviceable drying towel.  Even if you own a wooly mammoth I'd have a box of these going spare for shuts and wheels and engine bay and anywhere else you don't want to stick your expensive drying towels.  Just don't forget to cut or tear the labels out :thumbup:

This was at my local Asda near to work in Shaw, Oldham.

Check yours, you might also pick up ( honest it was only a few :notme:  ), but don't bother checking the Asda at Shaw, Oldham :D

There were other bits too like their brushes, I picked up one for tyres and a funny little stiff bristle number which is good for cleaning the hard to reach bits of carpet down the side of front seats without having to remove the seats.  Coincidentally they also had some good clear plastic, lidded boxes for £2.00 which are ideal to keep MF towels safe and clean in when not in use.

Love a bargain

Will have to nip along to Asda now as well as Lidl, hopefully Sparkly hasnt worked as far south as Cheshire yet.

Not quite as bargain-tastic, but maybe an alternative to look out for when this one runs out (or if Sparkly has cleaned out your local Asda) is the Kent carcare towels on £6 for 2 at B&Q.

Whilst not working as well as the autobrite drying towel I have for drying, its softer and plusher than normal cheepy mf cloths, so I used mine for polish removal, BSD etc on the fiesta.

• Like 1

Thanks for this Mark - i forgot to post up on these. I was looking over this stuff at the weekend.

I was in Asda getting the last of the noodle wash mitts that Grr666 had recommended!   :thumbup:

If you're selective then you can get some very serviceable kit at ASDA, they seem to have taken most interest in car cleaning kit of any of the supermarkets, sometimes though the best bargains don't even come from the Car car section, they have 1 litre trigger spray bottles in the garden section for a pinch over 50p that have a decent trigger and adjustable spray nozzle, belting for mixing up QD's, Pre-Wash and weak wheel cleaning solutions.

My ASDA recommendations are:

6 pack of MF cloths (fair quality and often reduced)

Orange Drying / Multipurpose deep pile cloth (fair quality and often reduced), do not use from new without first washing they absorb far better after a wash, remember non-bio and no conditioner :)

Noodle MF Washmitts (for wheels, mudflaps and undesirable areas to stick your premium washmitts)

Blue Handle Upholstery brush (for mat cleaning)

Blue Handle Crevice brush (for hard to reach carpet bits)

Demon Shine Rapid Dirt Shifter 1 litre (when on offer at £4 or less)

1litre Spray Bottles

Garden Pump Sprayer (for pre wash and wheels)

There is nothing on that list that you need pay more than £4.00 for if you wait for reductions,often you could go in and grab the lot for less than a tenner, if I am evert talking to anyone who is wanting to start taking cleaning their car a bit more seriously I always point them to ASDA first.

• Like 2

Was in Asda today for some provisions and remembered the Thread

Guess what.

Sold out

Anyway I have plenty of the drying towels, so no real problem

Going to Costco with Dinski tomorrow to replenish my MF cloth supplies (36 pack)

Anyone want anything let me know

I picked up 4 packs at Costco on Saturday. Good news - they have dropped the price slightly too! 

Btw - they are now on an aisle end placement as well - not the usual place.  :thumbup:

144 mf cloths? wow. Do you detail as a career or just chuck them after a single use?

Will have to look out for other bits in Asda too need a brush or two. Dont know if it is overkill but a bargain products sticky might be useful, with anything to avoid as well as bits to look out for, frequent offers etc.

• Like 1

144 mf cloths? wow. Do you detail as a career or just chuck them after a single use?

Will have to look out for other bits in Asda too need a brush or two. Dont know if it is overkill but a bargain products sticky might be useful, with anything to avoid as well as bits to look out for, frequent offers etc.

:giggle:

1 pack for me; 1 pack spare.

2 packs are for friends.  :thumbup:

That is all i need to get me through the rest of the year - maybe to spring.

I use these MF's on the car and in the house, and re-use and wash them regularly.

I even have some at work to wipedown samples before sending out on Demo, etc.

So two questions rolled into one about mf cloths in general. Do you tend to use a higher quality cloth for use on the main body of the car? if so which ones, or do you just use something like these costco towels accross the board? Next question would be are these costco towels especially good, or just good value?

So two questions rolled into one about mf cloths in general. Do you tend to use a higher quality cloth for use on the main body of the car? if so which ones, or do you just use something like these costco towels accross the board? Next question would be are these costco towels especially good, or just good value?

Costco MF's are good quality and great value.  :thumbup:

They can be used across the board - IMO.

You can move onto higher end MF's and towels for wax/sealant/ceramic work etc later if you wish to spend a bit more, but i do not think its essential.

• Like 2

Simon

Next time you're over I'll give you a few to take away and try

that's generous of you Chris and I may well take one off your hands.  My brothers girlfriend actually works at a costco so will no doubt pick some up after the current ones start to go manky. By picking up the odd pack seemingly every time I go down a cleaning isle I've got a few to be getting on with.

Bit of a faff with the drying towel from asda, crewe had them at a £1 but sold out, and Winsford had 3 left but at £3 and came up with the computer says no routine when i queried it. Was a bit frustrated until i realised it was a £2 saying on a towel I didnt need.