Clutch & flywheel

JOHNMACG

Afternoon chaps I'm looking for some advice on clutch and flywheels needing a a new one as mines started making a noise. My cars mapped and full miltek 200bhp and 305 ft torque was looking at the strange one cg Motorsport one or the smf and Kevlar clutch it packaged also what's your thoughts fellow fabia owners

Cheers john

only thing worth considering is if you want one with a single mass flywheel (SMF) or not, your looking at paying at least £250 for something budget or £400 for something branded like Helix if you do.

Else £90 to £150 on a new clutch would be just fine for something Original Manufacture Quality.

Afternoon chaps I'm looking for some advice on clutch and flywheels needing a a new one as mines started making a noise. My cars mapped and full miltek 200bhp and 305 ft torque was looking at the strange one cg Motorsport one or the smf and Kevlar clutch it packaged also what's your thoughts fellow fabia owners

Cheers john

Look, if your cars just mapped with a noisy exhaust then you have 175BHP and a Sachs kit is your best bet.

Look, if your cars just mapped with a noisy exhaust then you have 175BHP and a Sachs kit is your best bet.

Re mapped full miltek exhaust with a de cat maid a 196bhp on the rollers with 305ft torque actually mate would like to put some thing decent in it that'll last a while

Have you upgraded your turbo? 197bhp suggests you have although Sep's second reply to this thread suggest otherwise!?!?

A standard clutch will be fine for just a re-map, they can handle more than the ± 140ish they were made with. 

If you you have changed it you will need a decent clutch and SMF as Killer posted. 

My OEM clutch is dealing with approx 190ish and limited torque increase WITH a turbo upgrade but anything over 300lbs torque will kill it and fairly quickly. 

Re mapped full miltek exhaust with a de cat maid a 196bhp on the rollers with 305ft torque actually mate would like to put some thing decent in it that'll last a while

did you have over inflated tyres. did they make a hot cuppa just before it was dynod? was the dyno in shootout mode ? them firgures are too high for a standard turbo. but if its true... id already be saving for a new turbo instead ;)

BOOM

• Like 1

did you have over inflated tyres. did they make a hot cuppa just before it was dynod? was the dyno in shootout mode ? them firgures are too high for a standard turbo. but if its true... id already be saving for a new turbo instead ;)

BOOM

my m8's made 198bhp standard turbo and lasted just over a year!

Unless you going to increase power I'd avoid a Single Mass Flywheel.

Only worth doing if you need to because they make the car less pleasant with all the rattling at idle.

An upgraded clutch should be fine unless you drive it like a total loon.

Unless you going to increase power I'd avoid a Single Mass Flywheel.

Only worth doing if you need to because they make the car less pleasant with all the rattling at idle.

An upgraded clutch should be fine unless you drive it like a total loon.

Ohh so I'll need an SMF when I eventually get a vRS :(

Start with a new turbo then, because yours won't last with a map like that!

Start with a new turbo then, because yours won't last with a map like that!

Done 10k with it so far and it's lasted for how much longer I don't no haha. I had a ibiza fr a few years ago with it mapped maid a 171bhp was quick but the fabia hands down is much quicker I honestly was doubting the power to but seems as it's proper figures plus even ecotune said there self it's the highest performing ps130 they've had.

Them figures are not bad mate.

Just because they high doesnt mean it will blow its down to how its driven too and if you dont boot it it will prolong the life. Hell a std mapped car will blow the turbo if its driven badly.