Rosso Brunello or Petrol Blue

Geared

Hi, Looking at getting a Superb (already got a Yeti and have 'supplied' my 2 sons with my 'old' Octavia's - so I am a genuine 'Skoda-ite'). Wondered if anyone had any photos of a Superb in petrol blue or rosso brunello (I prefer the blue, my wife prefers the rosso) - I suspect I may have to compromise to ensure the acquisition of a Superb. Planning to get a L&K 170 4x4 estate. Don't really want the DSG but don't seem to have a choice if I want 170PS + 4x4. 

Its a very subjective thing really and everyone will have a different opinion on here.  I had a rosso before and loved it and I think its the nicest colour available in the range TBH but again that's just my opinion.  There are some pics of the blue in another post www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/322888-new-car-christened/ which looks very well too IMO.  The blue might be more unusual and distinctive.  What interior are you going for - brown or ivory- just think about that as well but both should match ok with either colour

Planning on the ivory. Don't need to worry about youngsters smearing chocolate on the back seats anymore  - until grandkids come along - if ever :D

I have a Rosso Superb and love the colour. My father just got a Petrol Blue Yeti and I have to say the colour looks amazing in person. It's my favourite colour in the Skoda range. I think it goes back to my first car, a teal blue MGB.

Never ask your wife their opinion on a car colour, it's always differs to your own preference. :x

Seriously, we had a problem picking the colour for our Citigo, in the end going for a compromise Silver Leaf but my wife hates silver cars but somehow likes ours, go figure.

Back to subject of the Superb, I love the Rosso coupled with the Ivory and my wife does too, she hates Blue cars BTW, we all have totally different tastes. I looked at a Cappuccino Beige Superb on Monday (I want to change my Citigo) wife loved the colour not the size, she'd rather have a Rapid and in Black if I gave her the choice, but she doesn't have to keep it clean I keep telling her. Infact she doesn't drive but keeps telling me she still has to travel in it. :x

Go buy what you want then get the divorce papers signed up afterwards :sweat: or take her out for dinner to soften the blow :D

• Like 1

Planning on the ivory. Don't need to worry about youngsters smearing chocolate on the back seats anymore  - until grandkids come along - if ever :D

Rosso with Ivory looks really well and come resale time it might make it more desirable.  According to my dealer it helped to move it on quick enough.  Practically, I found Rosso easy enough to keep clean too as it never really looks that dirty.  I have magnetic brown now and while its nice I preferred the rosso.  I overlooked the blue this time and kind of regret it TBH but I think I'd go for it next time.  I had a look but can't find any pics of my old one now.

Rosso with Ivory looks really well and come resale time it might make it more desirable.  According to my dealer it helped to move it on quick enough.  Practically, I found Rosso easy enough to keep clean too as it never really looks that dirty.  I have magnetic brown now and while its nice I preferred the rosso.  I overlooked the blue this time and kind of regret it TBH but I think I'd go for it next time.  I had a look but can't find any pics of my old one now.

Agree - Rosso and Ivory...

Wondered if anyone had any photos of a Superb in petrol blue or rosso brunello (I prefer the blue, my wife prefers the rosso) - I suspect I may have to compromise to ensure the acquisition of a Superb. Planning to get a L&K 170 4x4 estate.

Reading such a question I always think whether you've ever heard of a company called Google. They made a thing called "internet search engine", which works really well:

In Rosso Brunello or in Petrol Blue.

• Like 1

Reading such a question I always think whether you've ever heard of a company called Google. They made a thing called "internet search engine", which works really well:

In Rosso Brunello or in Petrol Blue.

To be fair to be OP he did say photos.  I looked up magnetic brown on the web before buying and I found it was totally different in real life especially when if I look at a photo of it versus the nice 'edited' pics online.

Not sure about that, I think you can still order both the brown and ivory with any of the colours?  You just can't have black interior with the L&K.  I've seen a new one recently with blue/ivory.  BTW the colours on the official Skoda websites (on the configurators) tend to be a few shades off the true colour, for example petrol blue looks almost a little green!

Unhelpfully I'll say NEITHER. Was dithering between these two exact colours and change last minute to Brilliant Silver. The estate in particular looks super-smart AND seems to have an almost magical ability to hide dirt.

I have ordered Petrol Blue / Ivory which is due later this year.

Think that blue and brown would look awful .

Russo would look good with either trim colours, I just find Rosso bit old fashioned , Sunday afternoon driver with a nice picnic blanket IMO.

I looked at a couple of Rosso, but fell in love with a Demo petrol blue... it became my heart colour! absolutely loved it! I ended up going for the cappuccino Beige (my head colour) ( i live in the country and its only the wheels that ever look dirty) I am pleased with the beige (if anyone ever said that). colour wasn't really high on the priority list .... i was buying nearly new, and wanted the 170 engine, DSG, and park assist!  

That's just my opinion though

Don't like the petrol blue, so still with the Rosso and ivory.... or maybe black with ivory... Oh, and I saw a storm blue with ivory the other day and that looked really good!

Don't think that it's full ivory, including the carpets anymore is it, which is a shame IMO...

Actually seen a Superb in Petrol Blue yesterday, it had the Ivory interior too. Looked really classy, a '14' plate, I liked it. It was parked up in Matlock Bath Derbys, Briskoda member by any chance?