DPF faliure 2.0 CR TDI

hey guys, i'm in a big trouble and i have no idea what to do. It turned out my Octavia's DPF is fully clogged, and it cant be cleaned. I need a replacement part. At the service they told me two options, a new part for around 2000Pounds or a refurbished one in which they change the filter only.  its around 250Pounds. I cant find it online, and i dont know why. Does anyone had a problem like this? I would really appreciate a solution or an advice! 

Paul, from Hungary

Get a second opinion.

DPF's can be cleaned.

Before condeming the DPF you should get the ash content read using VCDS or a skoda main dealers software/computer. This is the only way of proving if the DPF is full.

Do you have lights on the dashboard? (DPF light, glowplug light and engine management (EML) light).

Is the car in limp-home mode (reduced power)?

Have you had issues with the DPF before?

How many miles has the car covered?

• Like 1

Yes i have the EML LIGHT on, thats why i went to the dealer. We plugged it in and there were two errors,a differential sensor failure, and dpf is fully clogged message. The mechanic deleted the failure to check if its coming back or not, after 10minutes of driving it came back on.

I bought the car 2 months ago, i had no problems with it untill now. The car covered 170000km-s.

Its not in limp-home mode.

It's probably just the sensor. I don't know of any cr which has filled up its dpf.

They can be cleaned anyway if you Google it. There is a chemical they can pour in which burns everything out.

• Like 1

Yes i have the EML LIGHT on, thats why i went to the dealer. We plugged it in and there were two errors,a differential sensor failure, and dpf is fully clogged message. The mechanic deleted the failure to check if its coming back or not, after 10minutes of driving it came back on.

I bought the car 2 months ago, i had no problems with it untill now. The car covered 170000km-s.

Its not in limp-home mode.

Do you have the two fault codes?

Unless the dealer replaced the faulty sensor then the DPF won't be able to regenerate by itself.

If you continue to drive with the faulty sensor / EML then the DPF will continue to fill with unburnt soot. You should get this fixed sooner rather than later.

Do a search in this forum for 'G450'.

• Like 1

BTW the DPF treatment I saw was not one you add to the fuel tank. Instead it was one you add directly to the DPF by removing a sensor. Spray in contents of can to DPF when COLD. Refit sensor, leave it for a while, let engine tick over a bit then take for a decent run.

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably just the sensor. I don't know of any cr which has filled up its dpf.

They can be cleaned anyway if you Google it. There is a chemical they can pour in which burns everything out.

Are you kidding most cr diesel have dpf issues , most taxis have full dpfs at around 130,000 miles approx  /  2.5 years  old, they then get then gutted and rempped . 

Are you kidding most cr diesel have dpf issues , most taxis have full dpfs at around 130,000 miles approx / 2.5 years old, they then get then gutted and rempped .

That's not an issue, that's what happens with any kind of filter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gutting it if you can get away with it is the best way , transforms the car and improves mpg .

Are you kidding most cr diesel have dpf issues , most taxis have full dpfs at around 130,000 miles approx / 2.5 years old, they then get then gutted and rempped .

Tripe

Hardly real world comparison.

Taxis are running 8 hours plus a day running on idle and going around the houses apart from the odd airport run. Likely that they're run on supermarket diesel anyway.

There are taxis on here and I know people with more than 130k on clock with no dpf issues whatsoever.

End of the day, if the filter is full then it's not a problem, it's what they're designed to do. If you have a clogged up air or pollen filter, it's not faulty, it's just doing what it's designed to do.

Tripe

End of the day, if the filter is full then it's not a problem, it's what they're designed to do. If you have a clogged up air or pollen filter, it's not faulty, it's just doing what it's designed to do.

Except that a pollen filer or air filter doesn't cost £2000 for a new one.

Get it gutted and deleted then it'll never happen again and you'll have better mpg.

Pretty sure DPF's are considered a consumable item and have an average service life of 100k miles....to get to 170,000km without the DPF dying and needing cleaning/replacing is not terrible going in my book.

My mate had his DPF cleaned twice on his BMW 535d , it lasted about 500miles each time before failing again

Pretty sure DPF's are considered a consumable item and have an average service life of 100k miles....to get to 170,000km without the DPF dying and needing cleaning/replacing is not terrible going in my book.

DPF's are no more a consumable component than a clutch or turbo.

In the same way a clutch or turbo can easily last the life of a car so can a DPF if looked after.

People see the word 'filter' and think for some reason that it's life is therefore shorter.

A £1,200 component on a £15,000 car should never be classed as a 'consumable' in the same way a £6 oil filter or an £8 pollen filter.

• Like 2

Mine has the eml on and from scanning it says diesel particular filter exceed.

No limp mode and it will clear and stay cleared until I but my foot down and put the engine under full load.

Just waiting to get it to the dealers to confirm the issue. But reading on here it would seem I've the usa sensor which is known for failing.

If you have access to VCDS check measuring block 068 of the engine controller. That will give you the amount of matter in the DPF. As for the sensor it's literally a 10 min job , 1 torx screw and 2 hose clamps and a plug (you would then need VCDS to run the adaption).

Mine has the eml on and from scanning it says diesel particular filter exceed.

No limp mode and it will clear and stay cleared until I but my foot down and put the engine under full load.

Just waiting to get it to the dealers to confirm the issue. But reading on here it would seem I've the usa sensor which is known for failing.

I've just had my differential pressure sensor changed at the dealer - was USA previously

£170 inc VAT fitted

Tripe

Taxis are running 8 hours plus a day running on idle and going around the houses apart from the odd airport run. Likely that they're run on supermarket diesel anyway.

There are taxis on here and I know people with more than 130k on clock with no dpf issues whatsoever.

Sorry to remind you of the fact most diesel skodas and cars in uk are taxis "not a real world comparision" , this is fact  I have not myself had an issue with dpf , but this is the real world , real people get the dpf removed and remapped .      

Sorry to remind you of the fact most diesel skodas and cars in uk are taxis "not a real world comparision" , this is fact I have not myself had an issue with dpf , but this is the real world , real people get the dpf removed and remapped .

Didn't say skoda or diesel. Said not real world comparison to normal journeys. As has been said, a dpf at the end of its life isn't a dpf issue. It's not like the light is coming on every couple of k like some pd engines did.

Besides the dodgy USA sensor on early engines, there are no issues with the dpf on cr engines.

Didn't say skoda or diesel. Said not real world comparison to normal journeys. As has been said, a dpf at the end of its life isn't a dpf issue. It's not like the light is coming on every couple of k like some pd engines did.

Besides the dodgy USA sensor on early engines, there are no issues with the dpf on cr engines.

if there's no issues with dpf what's the point of this and many other similar threads on this and every other forum like it .

I bow to your wisdom reverend dieselmister!

if there's no issues with dpf what's the point of this and many other similar threads on this and every other forum like it .

I bow to your wisdom reverend dieselmister!

He was concerned his dpf did have an issue whereas in fact it's likely the USA sensor. See above.