tweenster's Citigo Monte Carlo - it's very red!

tweenster

Have you noticed any sound improvements? Only mod I plan on doing to mine is adding an armrest. I bought my monte to try and have cheap motoring lol

That'll change fast, I remember the day like it was yesterday "I won't do any mods" it all started with the DRL's and from there on in I was lost to the modding craze

• Like 1

Have you noticed any sound improvements? Only mod I plan on doing to mine is adding an armrest. I bought my monte to try and have cheap motoring lol

I've added sound deadening material and insulation in the spare wheel well and the boot area, plus the carpet and the boot liner so I expect it is significantly quieter than when I got it. Unfortunately these are incremental changes so I can't say that I notice, but stepping from my car into one without the sound insulation you probably would.

Just need the wheel arch liners doing and then I will tackle the doors.

• Like 1

And I picked up a boot liner from Chris C - thanks Chris and nice to meet you.

Thanks :) nice to meet you too. Pics of your carpeted boot and the mat look good!

Did you get to the M25 ok?

Thanks :) nice to meet you too. Pics of your carpeted boot and the mat look good!

Did you get to the M25 ok?

Yes thanks, but we hit that horrendous queue around junctions 8 and 9 on the way home. Had some entertainment on the inside of the M25 but the Citigo is made for that sort of cut and thrust.

This!

Fred - I was brought up in Newhaven and after I left home my parents moved to Hove just a stone's throw from the Goldstone Ground. Living 'Oop Norf' I make the pilgrimage to the Amex once per season but get my Albion fix from attending away games; the current Championship make up means I can get to 8-10 matches per season.

Good lad! Keep the faith.

My earliest memory of the Goldstone was attending Saturday morning Brighton Boys matches. That was back when there were 8 half crowns to the Pound! :giggle:

Fred

• Like 1

I've added sound deadening material and insulation in the spare wheel well and the boot area, plus the carpet and the boot liner so I expect it is significantly quieter than when I got it. Unfortunately these are incremental changes so I can't say that I notice, but stepping from my car into one without the sound insulation you probably would.

Just need the wheel arch liners doing and then I will tackle the doors.

I'll have to see how I get on with it before looking at more insulation, one thing Audi are good at is refinement, I'm sure I will miss this. My car should be sold on Thursday and I will be rocking a 1.0 2002 Micra till my Monte arrives, it should feel really nice after this lol

• Like 1

I also discovered this evening that there is a soft 'spoiler' under the splitter, so when I grounded the front on the speed bump on Saturday it was this that took the hit and not the splitter. Slightly reassured by this.

My list of things to do is not that big now:

1.   Rear wheel arch liners.

2.   Eibach springs (or H&R if I get really ambitious).

3.   Gloss black vinyl roof wrap.

Once that lot is done I will make a decision about 16" wheels; I'm not convinced I want 16s at the moment unless the 16" wheel/tyre combo weighs less than the current 15" combo.

My list of things to do is not that big now:

1. Rear wheel arch liners.

2. Eibach springs (or H&R if I get really ambitious).

3. Gloss black vinyl roof wrap.

Once that lot is done I will make a decision about 16" wheels; I'm not convinced I want 16s at the moment unless the 16" wheel/tyre combo weighs less than the current 15" combo.

I new it was that ;) I also know someone who may want to purchase your springs

If I had kept my Sport I was going to fit 16x7 Team Dynamics Pro 1.2's in black. I think they would be lighter than the Skoda Serpens 16's.

The spitter on the Sport/Monte is just stuck to the same bumper all Citigo's have, so they all have that little flap underneath which catches first on humps. My Mini has the same sort of thing, it's fairly scuffed up!!

An SE owner wants some Monte lowering action?

Haha yes, I was going to nick Camleps but he's selling his car now, I was going to wait until next year when the warranty expires and get aftermarket ones but may decide to go ahead and take yours so I keep it somewhat stock and keep value to the car
  • Like 2

Also if it's any use there's some really cheap AP coilovers for sale on the Up! forum, 20mm drop and just £90 done 4000 miles I think

Thanks but no thanks; I want to keep some ride comfort.

Haha yes, I was going to nick Camleps but he's selling his car now, I was going to wait until next year when the warranty expires and get aftermarket ones but may decide to go ahead and take yours so I keep it somewhat stock and keep value to the car

OK, now I know I have a potential buyer for the old springs I might bring forward the plan for the Eibachs. I'm at the dealer on 27 March so will get a price for supply and fit the Eibachs then. The dealer was really competitive when they did them on my Fabia vRS.

How long are you going then? The monte is already dropped 15mm from standard :D

The Eibachs drop a further 5mm on the front and 10mm at the rear but are stiffer so cornering should be better.