Brand New Citigo - After market Cruise & Parking Sensors?

matty-boy

Trip functions, buttons AND graphical proximity display on the PID. The wording stating "dealer fitted convenience pack" infers the full functionality would be supplied. What has been supplied is not as inferred here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

COMPROMISE HAS BEEN MET

The dealer has refunded the full cost of the convenience pack. In the end, not too bad but I'd have preferred they installed the proper parts or given her a different car. Given time maybe we could have got have got this desired result but given the stress and aggravation, a refund was the simplest option. The CC and parking sensors are usable, just not the parts she should have got - they still work.

Oh by the way, Ross, the salesman.... no longer works there!! Apparently similar things have happened with other customers!!

Thanks for all the advice and support guys - much appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt.
  • Like 3

the fact that the sales man is no longer there due to similar issues with other customer says alot about what kinda liberties he was up taking!

and that the daelership obviously started taking a dim view of it...

If you can, find another dealer, and ask how much it would cost to have the proper one retro fitted -

and see, given you're getting the refund.... sell the A/M kit to make up the difference, if it would cover it.

worth looking at...

not ideal, but at least you have some sense of kinda closure!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I looked at this thread a few weeks ago before I ordered mine, I went to this dealer and they seemed very keen to get me into a car that was already ordered, to the point of asking, did I really have to have a white one?  They also said that parking sensors wouldn't be a problem as they can fit them there, I asked if they were the same as the factory ones, yes I was told, so I asked if they would link into the PID as the factory ones do?,  a short pause then a no.  I had no confidence that I would get what I asked for so went elsewhere.

• Like 4

I looked at this thread a few weeks ago before I ordered mine, I went to this dealer and they seemed very keen to get me into a car that was already ordered, to the point of asking, did I really have to have a white one?  They also said that parking sensors wouldn't be a problem as they can fit them there, I asked if they were the same as the factory ones, yes I was told, so I asked if they would link into the PID as the factory ones do?,  a short pause then a no.  I had no confidence that I would get what I asked for so went elsewhere.

where did you go in the end.

I will make sure I go over mine with a fine toothcomb to make sure everything is present and correct

Very interesting thread, thanks for sharing this and im glad you got a resolution on it.

I had actually been tempted by the convenience pack, but as I just wanted the parking sensors and wasn't fussed on cruise control I figured I would just get a set from halfords or something.   Not sure that was a great plan now, but oh well.  the PID sounds a great piece of kit, glad I got one.