£1 per litre

James I

Crude Oil staying cheap but USD/GBP pretty runbbish at 1.50-ish.

No announcement on Fuel Excise Duty so a bit like the UK economy, fairly stuck in the Doldrums of Laissez-faire.

So fuel staying doggedly above £1 a litre for the while it seems.

If US raise interest rate on Thursday as expect it will be interesting to see the oil price and currency movements. 

Edited by lol-lol

Still a nice price though as it is now for those paying for their own fuel.

Good for Businesses as well, good all round possibly.

It is a pity so many high paid workers in the UK Oil & Gas Industry and the Support Companies are being paid off.

The price does not take into account the Billions of pounds that the UK are spending on armed forces to go kill people,

and the cost of the weapons the UK are going to fire off with the Air Strikes.

A few pence lower per litre suits many and hurts far more in the long run, 

and millions die every year because of the greed to get Oil, Gas and Minerals that belong to other countries rather than using carefully 

what belongs to peoples own regions, and then buying at fair market prices others extra resources.

• Like 1

Still a nice price though as it is now for those paying for their own fuel.    Good for Businesses as well, good all round possibly.

It is a pity so many high paid workers in the UK Oil & Gas Industry and the Support Companies are being paid off.  The price does not take into account the Billions of pounds that the UK are spending on armed forces to go kill people,  and the cost of the weapons the UK are going to fire off with the Air Strikes.  A few pence lower per litre suits many and hurts far more in the long run,   and millions die every year because of the greed to get Oil, Gas and Minerals that belong to other countries rather than using carefully what belongs to peoples own regions, and then buying at fair market prices others extra resources.

It is just the mental block when paying more than a £1 a litre, seeing the cost going up quicker than the litres that I find psychologically painful.

Now if the Cons would reduce VAT back to 17.5%, or better to 15%, then we would be there. Or my cunning plan to put VAT on fuel to 5% but raise excise duty by 5 pence a litre so everyone really pays less than a pound a litre rather than VAT registered businesses who are really paying 88 pence a litre.

We do not want Coal, and we do not want oil either (except for a bit of chemical and plastic etc production), we have to just only use natural gas for power and vehicles until we have electric vehicles full sorted.

Apparently we, and only us in the UK, have Brimstone weapons that fall from the sky, interview the person it is potentially gong to blow up and then after exhaustive checking only blow ups if it is absolutely certain that it is an ISIL combatant.  Or then it might just blow up some of the 150K civilians also living in the main town ISIL are hiding in, and they have the bunkers whilst the civilians will stay on the surface.  You would thingk after Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya we would have learn but apparently not.  Help the Kurds and other moderate groups to weed ISIL out and not create thousands of additional martyrs.

Not sure what defines a fair market price and for who?  As retail price is a combo of excise and VAT the Cons have skewed the cost against the personal buyer and in favour of business with the current taxation.  Fair price for all !!!!

Alex Salmond who is both a MSP /MP (greedy trougher) is not pleased the Carbon Capture & Storage Development in Peterhead is not to go ahead, it has been a long time in the making and part of the Gravy Train for Consultants and comes to nowt.

It is going to be interesting just what the UK has to pay into the future because it will not get a grip on Pollution.

At least they all get together at a Conference and talk about cleaning up the worlds Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions.

Filled the Panda up at ASDA at the weekend, I dont normally use them but that price I couldnt pass it up. Sadly the Panda only has a 30 litre tank so it'll soon be gone :D

Alex Salmond who is both a MSP /MP (greedy trougher) is not pleased the Carbon Capture & Storage Development in Peterhead is not to go ahead, it has been a long time in the making and part of the Gravy Train for Consultants and comes to nowt.

It is going to be interesting just what the UK has to pay into the future because it will not get a grip on Pollution.

At least they all get together at a Conference and talk about cleaning up the worlds Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions.

never let the truth get in the way of your prejudice George you should be in politics!

You ken fine well his second salary goes to charity as does his First Ministerial pension

besides, the UK has decided the future is nuclear not renewable. The nuclear industry asked the UK last week to stump up the cash for clearing up the stockpile of nuclear waste. Taxpayer is going to be on the hook again. 

"In maintaining the budget for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, the NIA believes this approach will deliver value for the taxpayer through a progressive programme of work, rather than by a stop/start approach, which significant cuts to the budget could have resulted in.

However, the organisation has also raised concerns over the lack of funding to develop a reuse option for the UK’s plutonium stockpile.

It believes that now is the time for the Government to put firm plans in place for dealing with this.

The industry, NIA suggests, wants to see a timetable agreed to identify and deliver the preferred technology-led solution, with enough time for a cross-party consensus to be developed.

Keith Parker, Chief Executive of the Nuclear Industry Association, said:

“We asked for a review which balanced short-term need with long-term gain.

“Our call for an increase to nuclear R&D to protect the future of the industry, and put UK back as a global leader in nuclear development is warmly welcomed, as is maintaining the essential work to decommission the UK’s nuclear legacy.

“The industry’s focus is on delivering the current large-scale new build projects that are essential to the UK’s energy security and transition to a low carbon economy."

https://www.politicshome.com/energy-and-environment/articles/opinion/nuclear-industry-association/osborne-must-face-uk%E2%80%99s?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NEW+MON-FRI+Breakfast+Briefing++Events+box+copy&utm_content=NEW+MON-FRI+Breakfast+Briefing++Events+box+copy+CID_4d7f2aa7fe90988a02d279f89dc3a6fa&utm_source=Email+newsletters&utm_term=Osborne+must+face+up+to+UKs+plutonium+stockpile+NIA+warns

I know i think he is a greedy man.

Yes i know about his 2nd Salary, and not the first time has has held the 2 posts.

is everyone who gives away money greedy then? Mark Zuckerberg has just revealed himself to be massively greedy I assume? :)

If the subject is Alex Salmond MSP /MP then thats what i said about him.

A Taker that can afford to give up one Salary since there is only 24 hours in a Day, and if he can do Both Jobs Justice 

and have his own Interests and Leisure /Family time then the others with one Elected Job are over paid.

Someone Elected to serve that is never knowingly paying his own travel expenses,

like petrol at £1.50 a litre or £1.00 a litre because that is not the 

Mileage Rate for MSP's, MP's, MEP's or the rest of the Troughers.

Oil rising above $40 with the issues in the Middle East effective prices.

Markets trying to take in many factors at the moment.  FTSE down 2%.

US interest rate decision is expected to affect the oil market as well the Middle East crisis.  

Edited by lol-lol

Well RAC predicting sub £1.00 prices before Xmas today.

Woohoo. Just a shame that most of my mileage is for work and this will probably only be in effect for the time I am on holiday.

99.7 at Asda Preston today, and CityBeat radio said Morrison's was the same. (thats unleaded, not the black fuel of satan)