£1 per litre

James I

All the point i was making was that in the UK the Governments for Decades have had the cost of a gallon of fuel pretty much at the Hourly rate of a low paid worker. Minimum wage (Adult), not an apprentice etc.

As to verify anything,  open your eyes, see the real world, the poverty and those working and struggling. 

I have no interest in debating with you in a £1 a litre thread,

I can see clearly as you can with Millions on the Bread Line that for UK workers average wages to be £27,000 there are many earning higher by a considerable amount.

Evasive waffle yes, 

and none as blind as those that choose not to see, that might just cover you.

Just to compare ..average month salary in Poland Is ca 600 pounds and price for diesel Is similar to UK. .so please don't complain :-)))

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka

So about 7 minutes/litre for petrol.  Beer and milk there for comparison ..............

Things similar now, 2016, to 2008 as we have been in the Doldrums since then.

olympic-incomesandpoverty-cheaperinthose

Edited by lol-lol

@ George.

You made a post which contained the following statement.

It takes lots & lots of very low incomes to get an average income as low as that in Poland or the UK when there are so many High Earners.

which when questioned on it you responded:

a ) I have no interest in really what a high earner is,

b ) Well first i do not consider many that earn lots as 'Earning' but just receiving

c ) 'How many are there?'   How the fudge should i know

In other words you posted a statement which you are unable to verify, in response to a post in which you apparently have no interest.

All I asked was for YOUR definition of a High Earner - not someone in the varying positions you quoted.

Yet more evasive waffle.

Goes some way to explaining your ludicrously high post(wh~re) count.

Really ? All you seem to be doing is baiting a hook and trying to reel George in WTF ? Get a grip if you've got nowt positive to say be quiet !

• Like 2

Really ? All you seem to be doing is baiting a hook and trying to reel George in WTF ? Get a grip if you've got nowt positive to say be quiet !

Indeed, I don't know why George's personal definition is relevant to the discussion.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Just spotting a conspiracy out and about

For some reason there seems to be a plague of failed petrol price signs. Are the shops trying to hide them from us

e04.jpg

Where I live it's mad, Waitrose/Shell 106.9 for both, Texacos are probably a penny cheaper (all on main drags in/out town), Asda 99.7 for both and Morrsions as it's in veiw has to follow suit.

Seems the supermarkets are leading the way and others are not so keen to follow.

Wow, Crude now at $29 a barrel, don't fill up with a full tank unless you need to, it will be cheaper in a few days time.

Mind you we are also within a US cent of needing a mid month currency change so that could take some of the advantage of the landed cost of oil.

Paying 99.7p/l at the moment for supermarket fuel.

Surprised that anyone is going to two of the services on my route home - within 200 yds of a Tesco that is charging 99.7p for diesel, there is a BP charging 104.9 and a Shell charging 103.9. Despite that there are still cars/vans queuing up for the BP& Shell. :swear:

Paying 99.7p/l at the moment for supermarket fuel.

Surprised that anyone is going to two of the services on my route home - within 200 yds of a Tesco that is charging 99.7p for diesel, there is a BP charging 104.9 and a Shell charging 103.9. Despite that there are still cars/vans queuing up for the BP& Shell. :swear:

Either many people do not understand. Basic maths ie 50 litre fill up and two pence a litre is a quid or are just filling up a tenner or so and do not care?

Or they have a fuel card, or they listen to the many people that believe that supermarket fuel kills your car.

Even with a fuel card i do like to pay over the odds and i have to pay 40% tax as a BIK.

As to supermarket fuel most cars will run fine on low spec fuel. Even my fabia 2 vrs ran fine on momentum and only shell produced a high enough octane other than Tescos. Fab did over 100k miles on it.

The same people (admittedly on the sadly chavvy seatcupra.net forums) that believe that all EA888 engines have the same ecu map, and the specs are simply VAG marketing bollovks

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

GBP finished the week and leveling off at 1.426 to the USD so just above the inflection point ofr Exchange rate.  

Did my weekly Friday check late yesterday as I do for part of my job to see if the customs import rates of currency exchange had changed for the USD for next Wednesday ie the 20th which would effect most imports in to the UK but fortunately it had not but if few drop only a little further against the USD we will get a mind mo nth correction on the 27th and also on the 1st of February of course which will affected landed cost of oil and most other imported goods.

GBP is weakening faster than oil price is dropping at the moment so more than offset the crude price drop as things go. 

Edited by lol-lol

Diesel can be had at €1.079/litre in my town atm, which is about £0.819/litre..

petrol hovering around €1.20 : £0.918

With all the pollution concerns with Diesels (with SCR) you would think those European countries who tax petrol more than diesel would start to reverse the diesel versus petrol excise taxation, especially as most petrol cars are now under the 120 gm/CO2 level.  I suppose it is mainly Cork and Dublin who would suffer from NOX and PM building up to above those levels of concern.

One in petrol car owners from N.Ireland also buy their fuel across in S.Ireland.  With the GBP falling so quickly against the Euro perhaps that situation will level off a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With my front wheel drive car probably just get half a tank as do not want to much weight in the rear of the car if we are getting a bit of snow but fill up the RWD car to get more weight over the driven wheels.  

Edited by lol-lol

Iran now allowed to add its million barrels a day and Saudi saying it will produce more to see that Iran cannot prosper from it, $20 or even $15 oil looking likely and therefore petrol at less than 95p a litre in a week or two.

• Like 1

Iran now allowed to add its million barrels a day and Saudi saying it will produce more to see that Iran cannot prosper from it, $20 or even $15 oil looking likely and therefore petrol at less than 95p a litre in a week or two.

And more closing down of North Sea oil production I wonder?

I imagine they're losing money on every barrel produced from the North Sea - not good for Aberdeen, Scotland or the UK as a whole.

• Like 1

Seriously? 

Where are these Supermarket Multinationals & Filling Stations purchasing these terrible quality fuels to retail in the UK that do vehicles so much harm?

Buying in and selling billions of litres for million of customers vehicles that are all being killed!  

(or is it just those sensitive ones that die with these fuels ?)

• Like 1

Me, I'm happy to let the supermarket ruin my car. Alas now even the mainstream fuel Stations have followed the supermarkets and are turning it out for sub £1 per litre for petrol and diesel (around this neck of the woods anyway). Time I bit the bullet and get myself a v8.

Edited by TeflonTom
  • Like 1