Octy 17s on my Fabia

DIESELDAVE

I have just bought some Octy Vrs alloys and thought they would simply fit on, after putting them on and set off in it , the rubbing is very bad.! I dont know why i didnt looked into this a little more , especially the tyre sizes needed to change over.....Am i right in thinking that i need 205/40/R17s on to stop the rubbin...The ones on it at the moment are 205/50/r17s.

Because its dark now, i cant really be bothered to change them, so do I get up very early before work and change them back, then go and buy some....or just get a mobile tyre service to come and fit them ????

Its really bugged me off !

I didnt think they would rub, just because they had 45's on... after all some have 17" spiders and ebach 30mm lower on springs (with 40 tyres) and I thought that was ok?!

i just dont get it...ive looked and the rear passanger tyre is touchin a part of the arch on the inside of the tyre !

I have just bought some Octy Vrs alloys and thought they would simply fit on' date=' after putting them on and set off in it , the rubbing is very bad.! I dont know why i didnt looked into this a little more , especially the tyre sizes needed to change over.....Am i right in thinking that i need 205/40/R17s on to stop the rubbin...The ones on it at the moment are 205/50/r17s.

Because its dark now, i cant really be bothered to change them, so do I get up very early before work and change them back, then go and buy some....or just get a mobile tyre service to come and fit them ????

Its really bugged me off ![/quote']

Now place your finger in the centre of your forehead and say out loud, "Red" backwards !!LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I didnt think they would rub, just because they had 45's on... after all some have 17" spiders and ebach 30mm lower on springs (with 40 tyres) and I thought that was ok?!

His car has 50 profile tyres on, it will rub.

You need either 205/40 or better 215/40 tyres to clear the arches no problems even -30mm.

His car has 50 profile tyres on' date=' it will rub.

You need either 205/40 or better 215/40 tyres to clear the arches no problems even -30mm.[/quote']

Beat me to it! :D:rofl:

Basically the rule of thumb is IF you swap between octavia and fabia alloys you WILL need different tyres every time, no questions. Even from a non-rubbing issue, the octy combination is 8% bigger in total. :)

215 40 is THE combo for the Fabia - they just look soooo right...

They'll be what I have when I decide on my alloys... Must be genuine VAG, and I really like 5 spokes - but not as chunky as the TT Comps (although they look ace)... Hmmm - if only RS6's fit! :finger:

damn it, I got 205 and they do look stretched, can I replace two at a time, i don't suppose it will matter if they are different for a while, also my 205's leave the rims exposed for all those lovely curbs! Will this be solved with the wider tyres.

Just to clarify, you say the 215/40's wont rub even when -30 with ebachs fitted?

Thanks

Yeah well there are quite a number of people in here who have those specs including the suspension fitting and they don't rub...in fact the wheels ain't as close to the arch as they're made out to be....are you sure you got -30mm springs? Maybe they're shorter??

Partly my fault I guess as I used to run 205's on mine. But seeing the 215's on Xav's now they do fit better...sorry.

Sorry? Without you my car would be on 16's standard suspension and pants breaks lol :thumbup:

Walkie' date=' yeah I do have that problem, swmbo has killed them!

Need to get all four refurbed now... boo...[/quote']

Yep same situation here :(

She's banned from driving it :)