Subarea: East
Supplier: Navteq
Version: 505.30.412.84
Customer Version: V12

Posted Today, 15:11

Wellwellwell...

Who's going to be the first? :devil:

Too Tall,

I rest my case regarding the amount of misinformation we are getting from Skoda relating to what is available. Where are these products being sold? Anyone know

can you save to the HDD and use both Western and Eastern Europe maps at the same time?

do the system see the proper road connections where one country from Western Europe has a border with a country from Eastern Europe?

No way to have the 2 on the hard drive. Best way is to put one on the hard drive, and take the other disc in the car. When you need to make the switch, put in the DVD. It will then ask if you want to save the data on the hard drive, or navigate from the DVD. Just choose DVD. When going in the other direction, take out the DVD and you can continue to navigate from the hard drive!

West and East do have some covering of major roads where they meet, but it won't be very detailed or large in size.

is the HDD too small to save them all on it or is it a purposely built limitation?

I'm not sure I understood whether or not I would be able (using some maps from HDD and the other ones from an inserted DVD) to plot a direct course from an Eastern Country to an Western Country (or viceversa) ...

even with the DVD for Eastern Europe maps inserted?

btw, is this older-gen (compared to the one from Octavia 3) Columbus prone to become non/less responsive when the temperature drops outside until the inside of the car gets warmer? I see several complains regarding the new touchscreens as winter gets closer

thanks and sorry to hijack this thread

Ah that I cannot test, I only have West. Maybe another member can try this out for you? (best make a separate thread though)

Columbus works just fine in "normal" temps, if outside it's +45 or -45 celcius you might run into troubles (shutting down etc), but those kind of temperatures are quite rare. It's a very dated system though, responsiveness of the screen is quite poor compared to some other brands.

No idea about the newer gen navs, haven't had the opportunity to play with them myself :)

Rusty nuts

Had my V12 maps disc for a couple of weeks now... :nerd:

Wow, how much and where from! Is it significantly better than 10?

Direct from VW at a discounted price (I'm a long term customer and get every set of maps available as soon as they're brought out). I update all the units I get in and make sure they're up to date. I just gave away My V11 maps disc as it's no longer any use to me. I offered it to someone on here and he declined. Not sure what I need to do to give stuff away, but someone else on another forum got it instead. I think he's rather pleased.

Is it better than V10? Well, it has a few roads on it which aren't there on the older maps, but apart from that pretty much the same really.

Edited by Rustynuts

Thanks Rusty.

I got the impression from what has been said on this site that there were more functions plus seed cameras eye. Not that speed cameras concern me much as I keep to the limits. What I do find helpful with V 10 is have the map on as it shows the road speed.