What do people think of these? (Suspension)

Had a look at all of them

Personally I would get some h&r springs with some beilstein shocks

depends what you are using the car for

and if u have a drop height in mind yet

Coil overs I belive give a stiff ride

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong

I keep seeing the bilstein/eibach mix being mentioned. Its a bit more than i was planning to spend really, Ideally I wanted to keep it nearer £300 than £500.

I'm not exactly going to be using this as a track car it is just my daily drive, but the standard suspension is **** IMO

+1 but I only paid £372 somehow!

B12 kit £251 eBay, Eibach Springs £121 delivered.

Good find then! Brand new? Even for the B8 dampers on their own you're looking at nearly £400 now from overseas. The full B12 kits from Germany are nearly £200 cheaper than here, scandalous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was going to get the Koni kit (yes Mikejay , H&R springs) for my Leon FR, but ended up going for Weitec (Now ST Suspensions) by KW because of lead times. Koni kit was going to take 4+ months becasuse they were moving factories or something in Holland.

The KW kit was absolutely awesome. Totally transformed the car.

Good find then! Brand new? Even for the B8 dampers on their own you're looking at nearly £400 now from overseas. The full B12 kits from Germany are nearly £200 cheaper than here, scandalous!

Yep brand spanking new and they came with H&R blue springs but unfortunately they were the wrong front end weight for my Octy. I sold them for £85 then purchased the Eibachs.

Had a look at all of them

Personally I would get some h&r springs with some beilstein shocks

depends what you are using the car for

and if u have a drop height in mind yet

Second that. Got h&r 55mm drop springs and Bilstein B4 (Sports) dampers.

Brilliant look and feel.

The AP coilovers get good feedback on this and other forums.  They are a KW brand btw.  I had weitec hi-con gt coilovers on the last vrs and they were very good - ride very near stock but with height adjustability - these are the same kit as the AP coilovers just with different branding and finish.

Having said that, tbh if you don't need the height adjustability of coilovers then a spring/shock kit is the way to go, and you really can't go wrong with bilstein/eibach  - only thing to be aware is that they don't drop the car much, 15mm or so is all you get.

HTH

It just depends on the spec of the spring and damper.

As above, my weitecs were near stock ride quality, slightly firmer but not crashy.  My bilstein b16 coilovers on the other hand were too hard for road use IMO.  My h&r monotubes were lovely, better ride quality than stock. 

Impressive!

Just out of interest, does anyone know what are the weight limits for a F/L VRS hatch off the top of their heads?

On my VIN plate, it has 1 - 1030kg and 2 - 940kg. Am I right in assuming that 1 is front and 2 is rear? If I was looking at suspension kits, I'd need kits with a weight rating of what? Up to? From? Thanks in advance.

The AP coilovers get good feedback on this and other forums.  They are a KW brand btw.  I had weitec hi-con gt coilovers on the last vrs and they were very good - ride very near stock but with height adjustability - these are the same kit as the AP coilovers just with different branding and finish.

Having said that, tbh if you don't need the height adjustability of coilovers then a spring/shock kit is the way to go, and you really can't go wrong with bilstein/eibach  - only thing to be aware is that they don't drop the car much, 15mm or so is all you get.

HTH

how about the AP shocks and springs?

I have no requirement for height adjust-ability. so no need for coilovers really. 

how about the AP shocks and springs?

I have no requirement for height adjust-ability. so no need for coilovers really. 

i don't know anyone who's had them unfortunately.  Given the good feedback the AP coils get in terms of ride quality i'd expect the shock and spring kit to have a simlar setup though.

• 3 weeks later...