Fabia Mk2 vRS Meet - Santa Pod Sat 16th May 2015

What is the plan for the Saturday morning?

Everybody meeting at santa pod or hotel or a car park before hand??

I am meeting on the the m1 north at Trowell services for 7.30 and leave for about 7.45 and hopefully be there for 9.30 at santa pod etc etc

Ant

Will get busy around 10.30 - 11 when ppl start rolling in. Not sure if I will be running yet.

If I am, must remember to take baby seat base out.

I think from the previous posts we are kind of getting towards being ready to leave the Wellingborough Premier Inn car park area

around 8.00 am ish,

so maybe be there by 7.45 am ish.  If driving along together.

Or maybe just see you there,

furbytom has arranged the parking area at Santa Pod for the MK2's and others being together. 

Just shout if thats OK, not OK, any other plans.

http://santapod.co.uk/e_rwyb.php

Edited by goneoffSKi

Ant we are definitely coming, hopefully meeting mr j before I set off then down to meet you, anyone else meeting there?

Yeah for sure I'll be there to get on near Wakefield then meet ant @ J28 should be good to see all 3 in the same colour in convoy [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 1

Weather next week.

I hope the Santa Pod area has a Micro Climate that gives calm, dry and warm   ????.

Forecast is showing possibly a bit wet Thursday,

then maybe cooler over the weekend and possibly wet and unsettled.

Fingers crossed that the BBC Forecasters are wrong,

or cooler down South is different from cooler oop North.

Yeah for sure I'll be there to get on near Wakefield then meet ant @ J28 should be good to see all 3 in the same colour in convoy [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Should be good mate just told swmbo what time we are setting off, thought she was going to kill me lol, had her book it off work and planned it all first so she couldn't say no lol

• Like 1

Haven't been around for a while as work been keeping me busy but hoping to drive up from Bristol.

You don't have to wear a crash helmet do you?

Only need a helmet if your Fabia will exceed 110mph on the strip. Unless it's highly modded I wouldn't think you'd need to worry. :-)

Just to confirm re the parking, I have booked us a Briskoda clubstand which I have requested to have mk1 and mk2 subsections lol

Are we going to have big Briskoda sign or something? I haven't been before and don't want to be driving around like a lemon trying to find everyone   :p

I've also got a bit of cheeky request if anyone can help me on the day? I managed to knock the blanking plate from the passenger side door, where the mirror adjustor would be on the LHD model and its now inside the door somewhere.  Does anyone have the tools/skills to help me take the door card off without breaking the plastic clips in the process? Never mind if not and I know I should probably start a separate thread but might as well ask!

Are we going to have big Briskoda sign or something? I haven't been before and don't want to be driving around like a lemon trying to find everyone   :p

I've also got a bit of cheeky request if anyone can help me on the day? I managed to knock the blanking plate from the passenger side door, where the mirror adjustor would be on the LHD model and its now inside the door somewhere.  Does anyone have the tools/skills to help me take the door card off without breaking the plastic clips in the process? Never mind if not and I know I should probably start a separate thread but might as well ask!

Hopefully when we drive round into the pits there will be a sign up. Should be a lot of Fabias there! :-)

Hopefully when we drive round into the pits there will be a sign up. Should be a lot of Fabias there! :-)

Depends if you're the first one to arrive :)

Depends if you're the first one to arrive :)

Haha yeah fair enough ;-)

I don't think we can go too far wrong. Looking at the vid George posted above it looks like it's fairly obvious where to park. I just hope the "clubstand" I have booked is marked up clearly....

• Like 2

The prep has started :)

will be nice to see your car again :) (think I have only met you once!) ... really like what you have done :)

Good News!

ŠKODA UK have very kindly agreed to come along on Saturday. I won't ruin the surprise as to what exactly they will be bringing, but it's a very good effort on their part.  

Now, I have spent a fair amount of time organising this I would like to make a small, personal,  request to everyone who is coming:

The team from ŠKODA are NOT customer services, they are from the Events team and will be there to promote ŠKODA and to interact with their customers. They are not there to deal with issues or opinions on how ŠKODA work or what people think of our engines etc.

I hope to personally continue this relationship with ŠKODA as they have been extremely helpful and accommodating for our little get together. We will be representing Briskoda (officially or not) so we need be respectful to them on the day if we have any hope of doing something like this in the future with their involvement.  The same applies if anyone else wants to invite them along to events in the future.

I know we are all adults etc. and it should go without saying but please keep the above in mind.

See you all on Saturday! :clap: 

well done :)

• Like 1