Anyone NOT happy with their Octy VRS?

Ok ...I appreciate that this is a forum for people who are into SKODA...hell I haven't even taken delivery of mine and I am like a child....but has anyone heard of someone who just did not like their vRS or was disappointed with it?

Pip Pip

I'm a little disappointed with the Bolero, but not in any way enough to bring the whole car down.

Also quite disappointed with the dent in the bonnet from something falling off the chimney on the roof  :thumbdown: Getting the bullet-proof panel option next time.

• Like 1

Not happy with mine I am afraid(Tdi). Poor starting problem has come back and mis fire on light throttle.

Thought I had fixed it but it has returned . 2 x dealers not interested in helping so might try a third one.

Have given them multiple chances to look at the vehicle and they keep coming back saying nothing is wrong.

DPF light came on the other day so I did the required run to clear it and the car ran like a sack of poo. Sent it to the dealer and nothing is wrong.

I'm not not happy with the car but yesterday I found myself working out how much longer I've got until the PCP is up.

I think boredom is creeping in but I'm currently looking for a 'weekend' car which should alleviate the problem.

Still love my Octy though and cannot fault it.

I'm not not happy with the car but yesterday I found myself working out how much longer I've got until the PCP is up.

I think boredom is creeping in but I'm currently looking for a 'weekend' car which should alleviate the problem.

Still love my Octy though and cannot fault it.

Cheaper solution is a weekend bike. 

No road car comes remotely close to a superbikes performance and for £3k upover no car comes close on bang for buck either

• Like 2

Cheaper solution is a weekend bike. 

No road car comes remotely close to a superbikes performance and for £3k upover no car comes close on bang for buck either

A now car will come so close to killing the driver as a bike!

• Like 2

My brother rides (R6 currently but R1 before that) and is now getting a car. Too many of his friends have come off with extremely serious injuries, one as recent as 2 weeks ago right behind my house after a lorry pulled out on him. Not all are the fault of other cars/lorries on the road but enough to make me think twice about it. A car pulled out on me at a roundabout on Monday in the wet (see the car recorder thread)....all four wheels stopped me dead in my tracks within a split second, on a bike I would have been flying through the air after hitting the front of their bonnet and landing in a messy heap.

I completely agree on the cost and performance, I've been on the back of his R1 and the speed was terrifiying and I imagine being in control of it must feel incredible but the danger part puts me off completely. I prefer my boring 4 wheels, roof and airbags.

Still love mine 1 year on. Thought I'd really miss my Clio 182, but the petrol vRS is doing a great job. Just wish it had canton and heated front screen.

Oh, and a slightly bigger fuel tank would have been nice.

Edited by Mikebham

I remember the first fatal motorcycle accident I went to, old ambulance man I was with said "motorbikes are alright until they go all wrong..and the go all wrong very quick" 

I would love one but I would never touch one.

As a non vRS mk3 owner having come from a Mk2 vRS can say the Mk3 is a great car in many ways but is dishwater dull when youre used to driving around in something semi sporty.

I went 2.0 TDi Elegance primarily to spare my wife and kids the woes of overfirm VAG sports suspension again, also the 150 really isnt a great deal slower than the vRS TDi. But....whilst it drives v well and is confortable and well equipped it has absolutely no soul....driving it makes me feel about 10 years older than I am.

Im making it sound terrible...its not at all just I would advise anyone looking to trade to a regular Mk3 from a vRS to think twice about it.

Annoyingly am now in the position where I could tomorrow order a company Mk7 Golf GTD 5 door but ive done my nuts on the Mk3 in depreciationand dont think i can justify ridding of it for a good 9-12 months or so.

On the subject of motorbikes agree I love the things and wish id gone and done my licence and had a play years ago.....though I dont doubt if I had i'd no longer be here writing this post. Bikes with the performance offered nowadays (given that the best 600's are barely slower than 1000's from not too many years ago) just dont really have a place on UK roads particularly if you're an honest person who sticks within the confines of the speed limits....very few people do on sports bikes as its nigh on impossible to.

A good mate about a year ago bought a 2013 model year ZX10-R....optional akropovic exhaust its pushing not far shy of 210hp....on something weighing about 195kg!! It is obscenely fast and deadly weapon is not the word for it.....in the right circumstances imagine its a hoot but how can you make use of that performance and enjoy it on the road...its nigh on impossible in my eyes unless youre happy to break every legal limit all the time...and probably eventually kill yourself and others whilst doing so.

• Like 1

I remember the first fatal motorcycle accident I went to, old ambulance man I was with said "motorbikes are alright until they go all wrong..and the go all wrong very quick" 

I would love one but I would never touch one.

I'm considering selling my bike to fund a vRS over an SE which I'm test driving tomorrow. 

As a non vRS mk3 owner having come from a Mk2 vRS can say the Mk3 is a great car in many ways but is dishwater dull when youre used to driving around in something semi sporty.

I went 2.0 TDi Elegance primarily to spare my wife and kids the woes of overfirm VAG sports suspension again, also the 150 really isnt a great deal slower than the vRS TDi. But....whilst it drives v well and is confortable and well equipped it has absolutely no soul....driving it makes me feel about 10 years older than I am.

Im making it sound terrible...its not at all just I would advise anyone looking to trade to a regular Mk3 from a vRS to think twice about it.

Annoyingly am now in the position where I could tomorrow order a company Mk7 Golf GTD 5 door but ive done my nuts on the Mk3 in depreciationand dont think i can justify ridding of it for a good 9-12 months or so.

On the subject of motorbikes agree I love the things and wish id gone and done my licence and had a play years ago.....though I dont doubt if I had i'd no longer be here writing this post. Bikes with the performance offered nowadays (given that the best 600's are barely slower than 1000's from not too many years ago) just dont really have a place on UK roads particularly if you're an honest person who sticks within the confines of the speed limits....very few people do on sports bikes as its nigh on impossible to.

A good mate about a year ago bought a 2013 model year ZX10-R....optional akropovic exhaust its pushing not far shy of 210hp....on something weighing about 195kg!! It is obscenely fast and deadly weapon is not the word for it.....in the right circumstances imagine its a hoot but how can you make use of that performance and enjoy it on the road...its nigh on impossible in my eyes unless youre happy to break every legal limit all the time...and probably eventually kill yourself and others whilst doing so.

Enjoying my VRS TDI - would have preferred petrol but its co car policy.

Your words on bikes make interesting reading.  I've been riding the the bloody things since I was 16 (I'm now just past 50) and they are an affliction that is very difficult to cure - as addictive as heroin but far deadlier.  I recently sold my 955 Daytona (owned it for 7 years, not cutting edge sports bike by any means but still 147bhp in a 220kg machine) as I found myself doing stupid speeds very quickly more and more often (with 0-100 in 6.5 sec very easy to do) and just didn't have the self control to stop (too much fun).   i think over time you become de-sensitised to speed and risk.

Have since bought a BMW R1150R - simple, air cooled and only 85bhp (still good for 0-60 in 4sec though) - this has proven to be a wise move - most of the motorbiking fun but with much reduced risk....I'm a much happier and safer rider as a result.  There are times where too much is just too much and in this country (given current traffic and legal environment) you can find yourself on the other side of what is safe, morally acceptable and legal very very quickly.

Another +1 for the VRS - Had mine a few weeks now and it ticks all the boxes for me and even the wife and kids like and don't get sick in it! (Bonus!) plus the dog now has a far bigger boot to lounge out in 

On the topic of bikes I've got a Triumph Street Triple R which is a fab bike and yes we know the statistics about them but hey, no point in going through life without having a little fun otherwise before you know it it'll be too late! (mid-life crisis....what mid-life crisis)  :notme:

Had mine (tsi), 6 months now. Thoughly enjoying it. Unfortunately I have not done many nice country drives on my own to really appreciate it. But even on the motorway it's enjoyable to drive.

Not happy with the flimsy crappy standard boot floor and carpet. Lower dash plastics and door bins also feel cheap and sound generator is love it or hate it.

Other than this I really like the car. TSI engine is a real peach.

I have a BMW Cruiser (like the James Bond bike) and that is a laid back ride.

I find a quickish car and a calm bike is a good combo for me.

post-111838-0-62437500-1415208216_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes it does what its meant to do comfortably and economically,tdi vrs estate, had a couple of issues nothing major,been well compensated by skoda uk and volkswagen finance so all is well,going for a l & k next year at somepoint,

I bought a vRS TDI estate with DSG.

Comments -

The whole driver's footwell is offset to the right compared to the steering wheel position.  There's room to move the pedals (in DSG form anyway) further to the left which would be more comfortable (IMO).

Seats are a bit too soft and wide and you tend to move around on it a bit. Suspension's OK - I'm used to harder but it's not too bad and quite comfortable.

DSG mapping is rubbish.  Either laboured engine in D or rev the t1ts off the thing in S.  I would have gone manual but for the offset pedals which cause my knackered hip (see below) quite a bit of discomfort.

Economy - nothing like the brochure claims.  I drive mainly in town and get ~ 30MPG average.

Boot's plenty big enough for the family and does our annual ski trip beautifully

Overall it's a 9/10 but I do miss my MK1 Fabia vRS

So, the bikes. Been riding since I was 14 (50 now) and had everything from 100cc trailies to my current 1700cc Triumph.  I nearly killed myself in 2008 when I hit some diesel coming onto the M4 from Slough on my SuperDuke R.  I slid along the top of the armco and chopped my leg through into the bone/joint. 40 staples later and I was packed off home.

Now I'm sensible(ish) and have the Triumph cruiser, a 76 RE5 and a 76 KH500. They only ever come out on nice days :)