Love finding new features

Driving home in september 14 Vrs tonight another new feature pops up. "Caution. Roads maybe icy."

Never had a new well built car such as this and love finding extra features.

Has anyone found any other "extras" they never had on previous cars?

I found a new one today dispite owning the car for 13 months.... Reversing into a parking space, when I stopped for around 10 seconds with the reverse sensors beeping the volume lowers until I start moving again! 8)

Yesterday I had the fuel warning come up on the Columbus,'low on fuel would you like to find the nearest garage' or something similar.

As I was on the M6 approaching Corley it wasn't a problem but great idea if you are in the back and beyond.

Yesterday I had the fuel warning come up on the Columbus,'low on fuel would you like to find the nearest garage' or something similar.

As I was on the M6 approaching Corley it wasn't a problem but great idea if you are in the back and beyond.

Did it give any options to indicate where the nearest fuel station was?

The auto main beam dip feature.

Absolutely brilliant if you are driving twisty dark unknown roads (or any dark road), leaving you free to concentrate on driving without having to worry about blinding folk. Car comes towards you, they dip, spot some tailights, they dip etc.

:thumbup:

• Like 3

Did it give any options to indicate where the nearest fuel station was?

It gives a list of garages starting with the nearest. So if its Nectar / Tesco points your after you can scroll down and see if there is somewhere in range/on route. 

Driving home in september 14 Vrs tonight another new feature pops up. "Caution. Roads maybe icy."

Never had a new well built car such as this and love finding extra features.

Has anyone found any other "extras" they never had on previous cars?

Well, no previous hatchback I've owned has deposited water on the contents of the boot when you lift the tailgate after its been raining.  That's an "extra" I suppose.

As for useful extras, I like the automatic total opening and closing of all windows and sunroof when you unlock/lock the car and keep your finger on the key button - had similar but didn't include sunroof before

The auto main beam dip feature.

Absolutely brilliant if you are driving twisty dark unknown roads (or any dark road), leaving you free to concentrate on driving without having to worry about blinding folk. Car comes towards you, they dip, spot some tailights, they dip etc.

:thumbup:

Not great at spotting stuff coming around bends, also older cars with dimmer lights can be a bit dim witted to pick up. Also it does not detect pedestrians...i used mine the other evening and blinded the hell out of a guy and two young children walking towards me before i was able to deactivate it.....i know ultimately youre probably not obliged to dip your lights for pedestrians but I normally would do out of courtesy....also I think it would have trouble picking up push-bikes or scooters unless they had particularly good lights on them.

Simply if it hadnt come as standard id never have paid for it.

• Like 4

When crossing country borders the infotainment will pop up a screen stating the speed limits for that country inside, outside built-up area's and highways. Awesome (not that I mind the highway limits but still).

Also, when shutting down the car it will remind me not to forget my mobile phone. 

When navigating, it will even warn me of certain roads being closed off at certain times of day!

Well, no previous hatchback I've owned has deposited water on the contents of the boot when you lift the tailgate after its been raining.  That's an "extra" I suppose.

As for useful extras, I like the automatic total opening and closing of all windows and sunroof when you unlock/lock the car and keep your finger on the key button - had similar but didn't include sunroof before

yes very annoying although my previous Mk3 Mondeo did exactly the same.

I was visiting the Highland Wild Life park a couple of weeks ago where you have to drive around the track roads at very low speeds to see the animals.

Bit of a nuisance on the old manual gearbox with clutch in and out all the time. However, I discovered the wonderful VRS lets you slip into 1st gear and then with feet

of all pedals it will control the car at 5mph uphill, downhill or on the straight. All I had to do was steer!! Now use it in heavy slow moving traffic as well.

However, I discovered the wonderful VRS lets you slip into 1st gear and then with feet

of all pedals it will control the car at 5mph uphill, downhill or on the straight. All I had to do was steer!! Now use it in heavy slow moving traffic as well.

any torque-heavy engine will let you do that, right? If you feather the clutch you can do that up to and including 6th gear, I can even navigate around the entirety of my home town without ever needing the accelerator. 

Huge boot I thought was just a given but today, when I'd finally got totally peeved off of delivering all those essentials like M&S jumpers I put my trolloy in the boot and just drove back to the office.  Ok so the boot wouldn't close but by that stage of the day I DGAF

post-111374-0-23255200-1415367916_thumb.jpg

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Huge boot I thought was just a given but today, when I'd finally got totally peeved off of delivering all those essentials like M&S jumpers I put my trolloy in the boot and just drove back to the office.  Ok so the boot wouldn't close but by that stage of the day I DGAF

You've dropped a laggy band, it's under the car at the rear    :yes:

• Like 1

You've dropped a laggy band, it's under the car at the rear    :yes:

I don't care what the company says, each laggy band only has one use in it, after that its only gonna snap and if you've ever had a snapped one in the eye you'll never use one twice. 

Not great at spotting stuff coming around bends, also older cars with dimmer lights can be a bit dim witted to pick up. Also it does not detect pedestrians...i used mine the other evening and blinded the hell out of a guy and two young children walking towards me before i was able to deactivate it.....i know ultimately youre probably not obliged to dip your lights for pedestrians but I normally would do out of courtesy....also I think it would have trouble picking up push-bikes or scooters unless they had particularly good lights on them.

Simply if it hadnt come as standard id never have paid for it.

How do you know if you have auto dipping headlights, I have only driven my car once in the dark, lights set on auto.. Blinded the first car heading towards me so presumed I have not got them.

WHY......................................................................................................................................just Fn WHY ?

Not saying it's something I normally do, just stating that it's possible with any torque-y engine. 

Which leads me to believe that instead of downsizing one could also create a very, very economical car by coupling a low-rev high torque engine (like a 3L diesel, capped at a certain rev range) to an otherwise lightweight car.

You would drive around purely on torque, never actually revving the engine and counting your mileage in gallons per hour instead of per a hundred miles. Problem is, people would start buying those cars only to remove the limiter/safeties and driving around like lunatics with supercharged hot hatches. Not a safe idea at all :-).

worth mentioning that I find the Auto Lights excellent, but had to adjust the sensitivity to High, as I found it was a bit slow otherwise, leaving me getting flashed/blinded by oncoming drivers