vRS Spoiler Paint blistering!

Guest Cossiecol

Guest Cossiecol

Hi All, 

I was out washing the car yesterday and felt what I thought was sap on the spoiler, however upon closer inspection it turned out to be lots of paint bubbles/blisters! Needless to say I'll be phoning the dealer soon but I wondered if anyone else has had this issue?

Cheers

Col 

I washed my car yesterday and low and behold felt some small dimples on spoiler and upon a closer look saw quite a few small bubbles had formed from inside out, pretty crap if you ask me will be visiting dealer to get this sorted, disappointed with this as car is 7 months old with 2100 miles on clock and driven at normal speed mostly.

Oh dear James. That doesn't look too good. I'm wondering if that is a VW thing? I had a Sharan that had the same issues in areas.

My Mk1 Fabia vRS did exactly the same, then the paint bubbled up big time and started peeling. It seems to be a common issue with painting plastics...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/290737-group-complaint-peeling-spoiler/

If you guys can only just notice these marks when washing the car others probably haven't noticed them, why not leave them till nearer the end of your warranty period so, it stands a better chance of looking A1 for trade-in time ?  Just a thought, if you can't live with knowing its wrong I understand but a good clean up a month or two prior to the warranty ending might be the wiser choice.

• Like 1

Guest Cossiecol

If you guys can only just notice these marks when washing the car others probably haven't noticed them, why not leave them till nearer the end of your warranty period so, it stands a better chance of looking A1 for trade-in time ?  Just a thought, if you can't live with knowing its wrong I understand but a good clean up a month or two prior to the warranty ending might be the wiser choice.

That dog just aint going to hunt! I wish I could be that person who could leave things like this, but unfortunately there is "nae chance of that happenin". My view if that is Skoda can't do the job right then my car will be going back as often as necessary to keep it looking good.

I am also "that guy" who goes over his car with a fine tooth comb during its 1hr 40min (on average) maintenance wash and picks up on anything. If there's a small scratch then the polisher comes out. So knowing that the spoiler is not perfect A) drives me nuts. B ) must be sorted. C) It's just not good enough for the price of the car.

After the hundreds of complaints on the Octavia MkII rear spoilers you'd think Skoda might have made a little more effort to get it right on the MkIII.

Most MkII spoilers made it out of warranty though so Skoda were able to tell owners where to go.

Get the warranty claims in now!

One of the worst...

ytyqe3a9.jpg

Guest Cossiecol

Glad (well not really) that I'm not the only one :(

There shouldn't be any issues getting this sorted but I'll give an update on Friday afternoon.

FYI my car is 9 months old so if Skoda try to give me the run around they'll be getting both barrels!

Mines 7 months old as well but I noticed it months ago.

Does anyone know if it's a new spoiler job? Seem to remember someone posting something on here saying they couldn't removed their spoiler without damaging it when in for another repair of some kind. Hoping so as I forgot to check the height in our underground carpark when opening the boot and took a little chip out of it. I didn't learn my lesson and within 3 days I did it again as well!

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

Guest Cossiecol

I would doubt that it would be a new spoiler job, but all depends on cost v time I suppose.

I'll find out for ya though and post it up.

James I think you maybe outta luck on both counts ie. paint and damage. I remember wheels being replaced if the laquer was coming off but, not on any wheels that had been damaged. I'd expect Skoda to take the same view with your spoiler.

Sorry not what you wanted to hear but, forewarned is forearmed.

No idea about how laquer on wheels works but there is no way a scratch on one end of the spoiler can cause the paint to blister at the other end. I'd love to see them try and argue otherwise though.

I've got it booked in for Thursday though so should find out then.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3