No crusing allowed

Chris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-30285191

The question is though what defines the limits of the injunction. If we all meet up at a pub to chat about cars..is that now against the law in the Black Country? How will the authorities tackle it as I can see everyone who is in a group of 3 or more being charged regardless of whether your doing donuts round tesco or standing outside the pub with a group of you with your bonnets up looking at Bossfoxes yeti engine!

Edited by chris_1d

I know what you're saying. I've wondered that myself with similar injunctions on certain areas.

A lowered corsa with a big stereo might get done for it, but id imagine not many would look twice at my standard fabia haha.

Quote. "Police - wanted to ban the events, where drivers race or show off their vehicles on public roads"

Public roads?

Most of them meet in supermarket carparks and the likes? Is that private property?

They have been "racing" on the Black Country Route, often just between 2 junctions, and around some of the roundabouts, therefore on public roads.

If in a supermarket car park then they are trespassing if they don't have the owners permission.

West Mids Police have issued lots of Section 59 Notices to participants and have scrapped some cars taking part.

Its very broad by the sounds of things...

Say for instance, a friend is coming to my house to fit a stereo (both cars slightly modified), would it now be illegal as they would potentially be parked next to each other??

There doesn't appear to be any specific criteria to the injunction (or it just hasn't been communicated)

I would Gues this is a common sense approach.

Simply giving them The Tools needed in the correct circumstances.

Making it known to the people currently causing the problems... That things have changed.

Few people sensibly at a pub..car park...etc.... No racing..no donuts... No concerns.. Fine.

Few people... Loud music...donuts...revving etc... ( causing a concern..drawing public attention etc)..potentially getting out of hand... Then it can be dealt with.

If they're racing or doing other things that are illegal, surely we already have laws for that? S59 also covers generic nuisance driving. What is this trying to achieve, other than widening Police powers. A quote in the article even says they're not happy with it as its too open ended.

But why get the injunction?  surely the Sec 59 would cover all of the above?

Because that means you have to earn the first and is long drawn out affair, now the plod can just lock them up.i think it will be a very common sense approach as they have to test it by actually seeing if it will hold up when they eventually arrest someone for it. It will be meant more as a scare tactic to try and put people off having a meet in the first place.

Its very broad by the sounds of things...

Say for instance, a friend is coming to my house to fit a stereo (both cars slightly modified), would it now be illegal as they would potentially be parked next to each other??

There doesn't appear to be any specific criteria to the injunction (or it just hasn't been communicated)

Park either side of a neighbours car. Sorted :thumbup:

This also covers people organising cruises, which a S59 doesn't include.

Yeah, and if I phone 3 mates and agree to meet them at Cosford I've just broken this injunction. Do you really think that was what the councils wanted?

Yeah, and if I phone 3 mates and agree to meet them at Cosford I've just broken this injunction. Do you really think that was what the councils wanted?

I'd say this will work a lot like dispersal powers under the Anti-Social Behaviour Act. Just because a group doesn't mean there is anti-social behaviour per se. Just because there's a group of car enthusiasts doesn't mean there is a 'cruise'. A common sense approach will most likely triumph- gathering will be fine, being a bellen won't. 

I'd say this will work a lot like dispersal powers under the Anti-Social Behaviour Act. Just because a group doesn't mean there is anti-social behaviour per se. Just because there's a group of car enthusiasts doesn't mean there is a 'cruise'. A common sense approach will most likely triumph- gathering will be fine, being a bellen won't. 

Perhaps, but if they take a dislike to you, they can use this to arrest you without having a good reason.

I really would like to know how the implementation works,  'more than 2 cars' or is that vehicles meeting up.

Say In a Pay & Display Car park,   outside the Multiplex.  Ice Rink, Karting Track etc.  

Motor Sport Club without a MSA Treasure Hunt Permit.

Car Club Runs & Meets etc.   Golf Club, Fishing Club. Baking Club. Car Boot Sales etc. 

Modified Car Enthusiasts Car Boot Sales & Jumbles.

• Like 1