Is there any way to increase the volume of the indicator repeater

keithh44

Because of my seating position I can't see the indicator warning lamp on the dash. Fairly frequently say for instance exiting from a roundabout the indicators  don't cancel. I guess the tangs that trip the switch are not set properly and I will get them looked at at the next service. I have also had the suggestion to turn up my hearing aid but that increases all the  ambient noise as well so that doesn't win and, no I don't want to reposition my seat.

The warning clicks are there for a reason. Is there any way to program somethng so they are louder?

You may have to consciously observe the indicator stalk correcting itself when performing manouveres, which isn't ideal.

I would say if you can't hear indicator clicks (in my fabia they are pretty audible - never been in a yeti though) perhaps it should question if you can hear other things relatively critical for driving?  I am thinking along the lines of a distant approaching emergency vehicle, or someone else's car horn which might be a warning sign? :)

• Like 2

You can be totally deaf and still allowed to drive, hearing plays no part. Only eyesight and limbs count for driving.

I am not sure the volume is adjustable, the ticking sound comes out from a speaker in the instrument cluster.

They are designed primarily for motorbikes where the light it well out of your normal line of sight, but you can get buzzers that you wire in to your indicators that will (depending on type) either buzz/beep as soon as the indicators are on, or will start buzzing if they've been on for more than a set period.

There's plenty of them on eBay, and there's no reason why they couldn't be adapted to work in a car.

Well said Oldstan.

Keithh44 will soon get to know who is who if he persists on here.

Out of order to take the mickey out of hard of hearing even if the

intention is not to offend ..it does.

Anyhow you will find the vast majority on this forum are very helpful

and willing to part with their knowledge. You will get the occasional

opinionated spat as on all forums.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

Because of my seating position I can't see the indicator warning lamp on the dash. Fairly frequently say for instance exiting from a roundabout the indicators  don't cancel. I guess the tangs that trip the switch are not set properly and I will get them looked at at the next service. I have also had the suggestion to turn up my hearing aid but that increases all the  ambient noise as well so that doesn't win and, no I don't want to reposition my seat.

The warning clicks are there for a reason. Is there any way to program somethng so they are louder?

Hi Keith, as a recent new member myself , may I say welcome to the forum.

I too have made a reply on another forum, and having read the posts on this forum, it appears that the sound comes from a small loud speaker, so the option of replacing a flasher relay would not be possible.

To add a buzzer will be a good possibility, BUT with the canbus system, requires some consideration.

The problem with any kits, is knowing where to wire it into the car.

Do you have any competance with car wiring?

Stan,

The OP has asked exactly the same question on another Yeti forum, and the same question has been asked on here in a very similar fashion in the past. 

For everyone's information, I'm registered as deaf, wear a hearing aid all my waking hours, and know exactly what it entails. I also have had no problems with the standard noise the Yeti produces. I would suggest the OP needs to talk to his Hearing Advisor to see about getting his aid re-tuned to the specifics of his car. With most modern aids that is perfectly feasible. Mine is tuned specifically for my work purposes.

replace the flasher unit with one with a louder click or look at the dash, the flasher indicator should give a good clue!

Trouble is Tony it doesn't have one as such. The flasher unit is part of the electric ECU, which is why it doesn't need replacing when you fit a tow bar. As Rustic says it might be possible to fit a different sounder but would probably need the dash removing and some complex electrickery to sort it out.

Is this not supposed to be the season of goodwill? I have just been to the local supermarket this morning and experienced trolley rage. I suspect there has been an excess of this type of thing and some has leaked over to here. :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil: 

I suggest that there should be a delay built into everyone's keyboards so that they cannot be used until the original message and any follow ups have been carefully read. 

Come on everyone, be nice to each other or I'll tell Santa. :kiss:

Fred 

• Like 3

I do wish people would read what i posted and not what they thought I posted.

Yes, it may say that the question has been asked elsewhere but it also says "I don't think so" which in my (obviously limited) understanding does actually answer the question.

Herewith a copy of my opening posting:

As answered elsewhere, I don't think so.

Funnily enough there is no posting from me until later about hearing aids, when I think I was being positive and in no way derogatory to the OP. 

Oh well, never mind!

Nadolig Llawen a blwyddyn newydd dda i holl aelodau'r fforwm.

You do on occasions come over as a bit abrupt and prickly Graham, but never mind

it take all to make a forum and this one is at least very active and informative.

• Like 1

It's funny how the forum police and those that have the most to say about there being no fun or banter in this section, can't even be bothered to donate to the upkeep of the site and become Freedom members. That's all from me folks, won't be posting in the Yeti section again. Bye

Easy lads...easy. Teddies flying out of cots springs to mind.

I like banter...even if sometimes a minority see it as in bad taste. We do not want to lose any members from this forum as many have something to gain and some notable posters have lots to give. To the givers I ask they be a little more forgiving on the less knowledgeable and newer members who may be joining a forum for the first time and may not know the ropes. To the newbies etc please bear with the grumpy ones...you will get an answer once they realise they do want the teddy back off the floor!

• Like 1

Kenny,if you think you have not been pc why don't you just apologise ,I've seen more posts on here from others which I have found more offensive to others and they don't bat an eye and neither do the moderators, I think it would be a shame to lose your input over something so petty we can't all be pc all the time,this forum appears to be shrinking as it is.