BMD Morpheus Wax

eddy field

Just ordered a sample pot of the above in the sale they have on at the moment after seeing it on detailing world, super excited!

Has anyone else used this, any feedback or tips? 

It will be the first "premium" wax I've used.

Im hoping for good result with a big improvement over what i normally use (bsd, ex-p, or nattys blue) and that it will work well with the flake in Black Magic paint. 

heres a link to the product and sale for anyone else who might be interested, i also ordered, adonis Paint cleanser and atlantis shampoo due to been over excited about the sale... Opps.  

http://www.bmdluxurycarwax.co.uk/wax-samples

• Like 1

Good lad. You won't go wrong with those! The finish is 90% down to the prep, but I used a "Premium to me" wax for the first time the other week after using sealants for a good while and I was really happy.

Morpheus is on my shopping list next year if i get through my pot of Desireable.

Don't forget, pictures or it didn't happen ;)

• Like 2

just what i wanted to hear! 

Il make sure to get some picture up once its on, any excuse to post a shiny picture...

Probably won't be February ish till i get round to it though :( 

Think I'm going to try auto finesse temptation too, so I've tried more wax's and can decided if the expensive ones are worth it too me.

• Like 1

vAhl5XH.jpg

My order arrived, just need bit of good weather now to give it a go!!

Very nice Eddy - looking forward to your thoughts on the extra BMD merchandise;  so far i have only purchased waxes from Stevie.  :thumbup: 

Ive seen the wooden pots and thought they wouldn't look out of place in a front room. 

These are even better, they look like pistons? 

Had a go with all three products today. Manly to reduce the monotony of revision. 

Atlanis shampoo was good and sudsy, and felt to have plenty of lubrication.

I normally use autoglym shampoo and there was a lot less drag than there is with that. 

I did a good job removing most of the the streaks and dirt from about 700 miles on wet winter roads

But did however struggle with some streaks left up the bonnet.

But the car was filthy so id put it down to that not a lacking of the product.

over all i liked it but it didn't blow my mind. 

VxbPjTw.jpg

To remove the streaks left on the bonnet i decided to give Adonis pre-wax cleanser a try.

Im super impressed! i put a small blob on a foam pad and it very quickly left me with a good clean surface. 

Much easer that super resin polish. no dust or difficulty removing. 

Seen as i had just cleansed the bonnet i thought have a little go with Morpheus.

At some point i will do the whole car once the weather is better and i have time too prep it properly. 

But I'm still impressed.

Despite some difficulty applying, that I'm putting down to weather and me always trying to use too much product.

In the end i got on a thin layer that came off a few minuets later with next to no effort. 

Below are the results :) 

Closest to a before shot i have 

KuKPI1I.jpg

After! :) 

y9SY00Y.jpg

Qb29SLo.jpg

• Like 3

Ive seen the wooden pots and thought they wouldn't look out of place in a front room. 

These are even better, they look like pistons? 

Had a go with all three products today. Manly to reduce the monotony of revision. 

Atlanis shampoo was good and sudsy, and felt to have plenty of lubrication.

I normally use autoglym shampoo and there was a lot less drag than there is with that. 

I did a good job removing most of the the streaks and dirt from about 700 miles on wet winter roads

But did however struggle with some streaks left up the bonnet.

But the car was filthy so id put it down to that not a lacking of the product.

over all i liked it but it didn't blow my mind. 

VxbPjTw.jpg

To remove the streaks left on the bonnet i decided to give Adonis pre-wax cleanser a try.

Im super impressed! i put a small blob on a foam pad and it very quickly left me with a good clean surface. 

Much easer that super resin polish. no dust or difficulty removing. 

Seen as i had just cleansed the bonnet i thought have a little go with Morpheus.

At some point i will do the whole car once the weather is better and i have time too prep it properly. 

But I'm still impressed.

Despite some difficulty applying, that I'm putting down to weather and me always trying to use too much product.

In the end i got on a thin layer that came off a few minuets later with next to no effort. 

Below are the results :) 

Closest to a before shot i have 

KuKPI1I.jpg

After! :) 

y9SY00Y.jpg

Qb29SLo.jpg

Looks great, well done. Morpheus is a really nice wax & like all BMD waxes easy to use. Well done & keep up the good work ;)

Great reflections and depth there buddy. Nice review. The more pure waxes are a little more technical to apply and not just simply apply and then remove at your leisure. They need to come off after a few minutes otherwise they can be a pain to buff off. Once you tie the application down, the results are epic and the application is pleasant.

Looks like you've brpught the best out of the paintwork buddy. Congratulations.

Very nice indeed Eddy - looking really good!  :thumbup:

Cheers :)

Piston design billets are £250 Eddy!

Not too bad really i suppose, the wax in a normal pot is £130 isn't it? 

Great reflections and depth there buddy. Nice review. The more pure waxes are a little more technical to apply and not just simply apply and then remove at your leisure. They need to come off after a few minutes otherwise they can be a pain to buff off. Once you tie the application down, the results are epic and the application is pleasant.

Looks like you've brpught the best out of the paintwork buddy. Congratulations.

i did attempt to correct the paint last summer and that has by far made the biggest difference.

Also made the products i use a lot more effective  :)

Gloss and shine does look impressive! £250 for the pots it's a little overkill!! Look smart though!

Cheers. 

But still.... the standard packing looks just fine for me!  :thumbup:

10922556_402044309972576_740310022675837

Wow, a extensive collection!Is this yours?

which is your favourite? (if it is) 

A beading shot from this morning :)

fUwRZGE.jpg

Edited by eddy field
  • Like 2

I see Stevie@BMD has been promoting his new product launches for 2015..... these look very nice!

A few lucky customers who purchased wax in the Xmas sale might get a freebie....  :thumbup: 

Easily add gloss and slickness to your paint, with durability around 4 weeks - certainly long enough until the next full wash/detail and then you can easily top it up again - if needed.

I think there were about 6 versions of this out during 2014 for trial - so good to see all the hard work paying off and the "final" version into production.

10410775_1390033984632787_60958630779456

• Like 3

I see Stevie@BMD has been promoting his new product launches for 2015..... these look very nice!

A few lucky customers who purchased wax in the Xmas sale might get a freebie....  :thumbup: 

Easily add gloss and slickness to your paint, with durability around 4 weeks - certainly long enough until the next full wash/detail and then you can easily top it up again - if needed.

I think there were about 6 versions of this out during 2014 for trial - so good to see all the hard work paying off and the "final" version into production.

10410775_1390033984632787_60958630779456

Indeed, I've been speaking to Stevie at length, I'm so impressed with his waxes that I have sold all my other boutique ones in favour of the BMD range. Suffice to say i'm currently awaiting a delivery of Lazarus :)

• Like 3

These sound great, based on my experiences so far withe the BMD stuff. 

Im going to try resist for now, but my student loan comes in soon and i think I'm going to struggle....

Ordered this months waxy box too, so need to at least try keep the habit(addiction) to new products in check. 

• Like 2

These sound great, based on my experiences so far withe the BMD stuff. 

Im going to try resist for now, but my student loan comes in soon and i think I'm going to struggle....

Ordered this months waxy box too, so need to at least try keep the habit(addiction) to new products in check. 

Good to hear Eddy!  Waxybox is getting a really good reputation - and well worth the money by all accounts.

On a similar topic; i'm seeing extremely poor reviews for OCDbox, setup as a rival to Waxybox.

Not sure if it affects anyone on here as such; but wanted to mention it now.

Based on what i have heard - my recommendation would be to avoid parting with your cash on OCDbox;

certainly until such times as they resolve the issues reported on OCDbox release #1 and move forward.

As for BMD - Stevie takes great pride in his products and i know the research and test phase ensures quality products!  :thumbup:

Good to hear Eddy!  Waxybox is getting a really good reputation - and well worth the money by all accounts.

On a similar topic; i'm seeing extremely poor reviews for OCDbox, setup as a rival to Waxybox.

Not sure if it affects anyone on here as such; but wanted to mention it now.

Based on what i have heard - my recommendation would be to avoid parting with your cash on OCDbox;

certainly until such times as they resolve the issues reported on OCDbox release #1 and move forward.

As for BMD - Stevie takes great pride in his products and i know the research and test phase ensures quality products!  :thumbup:

Looking at previous months I'm really excited to see what i get to have a go with! 

I did email BMD to arrange delayed delivery of my stuff, this was on a Sunday and i got a response with in half an hour. 

Good service :) 

And il steer clear of OCD box, until some better reviews feed though at least!

• Like 1