RIPPED OFF BY DEALER

Ring a different dealer, then ring another and ask a few questions, ask when will the next one be, when was the last one, how long do they last, on what models etc, etc,

Make it sound like your intersted in buying a motor but your undesided. Don't tell them about your purchase, write everything down, which dealer said what and when

Quiz them

Then get back to your dealer or Skoda UK and quiz them about the info you get. 

• Like 1

Ring a different dealer, then ring another and ask a few questions, ask when will the next one be, when was the last one, how long do they last, on what models etc, etc,

Make it sound like your intersted in buying a motor but your undesided. Don't tell them about your purchase, write everything down, which dealer said what and when

Quiz them

Then get back to your dealer or Skoda UK and quiz them about the info you get.

I've just done that great minds think alike lol, D M KEITH SKODA YORK. Spoke to a nice chap by the name of colin stated its been

going for a few months maybe longer.

Edited by FABIAVRSUK

Phone Skoda UK Customer Services and ask them.

Can you please tell me the Build Date of my vehicle?

checked the v5 it only gives registration date. 20/12/14

Edited by FABIAVRSUK

Need your help guys. I have now heard from Skoda UK and they are now saying the VAT free offer didn't start until 1ST NOV 2014. I was told by them on the 23RD DECEMBER 2014 that it started on the 01 SEPTEMBER 2014 However it was up and running on the Skoda website in OCTOBER. So if any one hasbought a car in OCTOBER with the VAT free offer please message me or if they have seen the same offer.

Someone is seriously back peddling, who the hell do you trust. Its wearing me down all this **** over VAT...

So you recall seeing the VAT-free offer in October when you ordered the car and therefore must have discussed this crucial part of the deal with the dealer? If so surely they must honour it.

However I can't shake the feeling that you ordered the car in good faith in October knowing it was costing £21k. A few days after taking delivery you then discover the VAT-free deal, and are (quite rightly) furious that you have paid way over the odds for your car and are now looking for a loophole/ way to backtrack and force the dealership into giving you the new offer which came in after you had ordered your car....

I could of course be very wrong (and if so apologise whole-heartedly) but it's just how it appears to me :-)

I don't blame you for going down this route as there is alot of cash at stake.

If it helps I was in a similar situation to you. I ordered pre VAT-free deal and then was not happy when i saw the offer. Luckily my dealer kindly agreed to apply the VAT-free deal in place of my earlier agreement. This was however before I had taken delivery. Even so it represents something of a precedent whichay help your case. :-)

• Like 2

So you recall seeing the VAT-free offer in October when you ordered the car and therefore must have discussed this crucial part of the deal with the dealer? If so surely they must honour it.

However I can't shake the feeling that you ordered the car in good faith in October knowing it was costing £21k. A few days after taking delivery you then discover the VAT-free deal, and are (quite rightly) furious that you have paid way over the odds for your car and are now looking for a loophole/ way to backtrack and force the dealership into giving you the new offer which came in after you had ordered your car....

I could of course be very wrong (and if so apologise whole-heartedly) but it's just how it appears to me :-)

I don't blame you for going down this route as there is alot of cash at stake.

If it helps I was in a similar situation to you. I ordered pre VAT-free deal and then was not happy when i saw the offer. Luckily my dealer kindly agreed to apply the VAT-free deal in place of my earlier agreement. This was however before I had taken delivery. Even so it represents something of a precedent which may help your case. :-)

No I think you have it all wrong apology accepted. The website stated vat free in October launching the offer early. I'm not after discount just don't like being conned. No doubt you will feel the same. I thought the dealer would of honoured the deal. And yes the paperwork is a minefield they say they show the vat on the invoice but you don't pay it. That was my interpretation.

Edited by john999boy
FABIAVRSUK hasn't quite got the hang of quoting people so I've amended it for him

We ordered our Fabia in October (around 3rd week from memory), and the only offer we saw at the time was the special deal 1.2SE, no VAT free. I did look on the website at the time (Skoda UK). I did spot some other offers on specific dealers websites (like a similar offer on Roomsters) but nothing else as I recall.

• Like 1

The VAT is paid,

and you can ask to get the amount of the VAT charged on the sale where the items Car & Extras are subject to VAT.   

The Dealership is collecting VAT for HMRC, it is not theirs.

The only difference is the discount is equivalent to the amount of VAT that the offer gives.

20% discount from the Dealer or Manufacturer where applicable.  They are Paying that to the HMRC.

• Like 1

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/333246-no-vat-is-back

Check when your Factory Build was Built,

& delivered to the UK.

But you ordered in October, never bought it then,  so that is the relevant part.

Was there a VAT Free Deal on Ordering a new Build in October.?

Contacted Skoda UK and the build date for my vehicle was 25th November 2014.

Good Stuff. 

Built on 25th November & first Registered in the UK 20th December.  

Amazing Stuff.

I hope you get it sorted to suit you.

Was told by Skoda UK  that my car was the last vrs made to come off the line. Emailed Skoda factory to get confirmation of this.

• Like 1

LAST ONE of the line - must have a certificate for that. Last vRS Vin No.

Sounds like the QUALITY standard has been maintained to the bitter end!!

Skoda Museum didn't want to retain that one then.

Edited by vrskeith

The title of this thread  reads "RIPPED OFF BY DEALER". The original poster and new member here goes on to name the dealer and also some of the individuals from whom he got "200%" service. He doesn't name the salesman.

This sorry tale is about someone who is perhaps a "bad apple" in a dealership which may be good or may be bad, one example doesn't really prove anything. Sadly, it may also involve single minded blind complacency on the part of the purchaser who was perhaps too casual about his purchase. It has absolutley nothing whatever to do with Skoda.

Hopefully the dealer will do something as a good will gesture. They might also want to review their salesman training and general customer service approach.

Whatever happens, FABIAVRSUK would probably be well advised to steer clear of ANY public comment until this is resolved.

• 3 months later...

^^^ Well worth joining here :) Glad it got resolved and you got a large amount of money they tried to con you off of.

On a side note it clearly shows how useful, informative and helpful are comments from vxh26 on this forum... take a hint and do yourself a favor.

• Like 4

Glad it got sorted,

that's my local dealer and I maybe giving them a wide berth, I was on phone to them other day about a used monte, the guy said citigo not as safe yet its the citigo that has 5sfaety rating as opposed to the 4 safety rating on fabia.

I had a bad experience with vw dealer on my dads 1999 Passat.,with regards to a timimg belt. They didn't have a clue, they said they wrnt used to working on old cars.

• Like 1