Audi RS3 2015 -Anticipate some detail on price and spec soon. Delivery due mid 2015

vrskeith

Have been offered a decent trade in price on my A8, so having a test drive in about two weeks.

For a red one with a few options they are looking at 8 to 12 weeks for build and delivery.  Which seems pretty good.

Week numbers are nice, but no idea when that is or how it compares.  8 - 12 weeks for delivery I can get my head around easily.

I'm not ordering a £45k car without driving it first as on UK roads it might be a bit firm and typically VAG in it's lack of steering feel.

I thought you said Auto /DSG was a no - no for you.

Or is it, that it's the wife's replacement for the Yeti.lol

Downsizing got the chop then !?

Enjoy the test drive.

Edited by vrskeith

I thought you said Auto /DSG was a no - no for you.

Or is it, that it's the wife's replacement for the Yeti.lol

Downsizing got the chop then !?

Enjoy the test drive.

Thought I might try some of that creative accountancy you suggested.

• Like 2

My prediction on the 2015 Audi RS3 is that it will become the most targeted trophy vehicle for professional and amateur car thieves.

Lotus Carlton of these more modern times.

I take it that Insurance Underwriters will be insisting on them being fitted with trackers.

Thought I might try some of that creative accountancy you suggested.

Glad to hear that you took some of my advise and thought outside your normal accountancy  box.

Perhaps you should also look at the tried and tested technique of "IMAGINEERING"

This will help you to imagine you are driving a manual ,when you are in fact not!

I look forward to your review of the RS3  and comparing it with the mag journos written word and youtube video /verbal reviews.

My 1st opportunity of a test drive, is currently planned for about 2 weeks time - delivery at my friend's Audi Dealership.

Edited by vrskeith

Hmm. Noise. Personally if it's not a raspy Italian then it's not worth having, then I'm with George on the unnecessary attention seeking. The AMG is as subtle as a spade across the back of your head. Not for me thanks!

Agree on the adjustable everything. Mostly utterly pointless apart from dampers. The range on the leon is pretty good. Soft is, well ideal for those mother in law trips, and hard is just right for a sweeping swooping newly resurfaced bit of tarmac. For everything else, there is Sport.

Hmm. Noise. Personally if it's not a raspy Italian then it's not worth having, then I'm with George on the unnecessary attention seeking. The AMG is as subtle as a spade across the back of your head. Not for me thanks!

Agree on the adjustable everything. Mostly utterly pointless apart from dampers. The range on the leon is pretty good. Soft is, well ideal for those mother in law trips, and hard is just right for a sweeping swooping newly resurfaced bit of tarmac. For everything else, there is Sport.

I am impressed they are putting the detuned TSI into the new Superb with the 4x4, that possibly tempts me more then anything else in the market when I do eventually chop in the Astra. 

I am always a fan of noise on car, nothing better then a big burbly V8, hence why I like the AMG's/Muscle Cars etc. 

The Audi is again a decent looking car that is going to be fantastic to drive etc. but not sure about it, good they are using a 5 pot for it, rather then a highly tuned 4 pot which seems to be the norm at the moment with emissions. 

Anyway tried to stay on topic kind of... 

So is it the Official Showroom Launch of the RS3 this Thursday!!

One undercover in the Showroom at my local dealer.

Edited by vrskeith

I am waiting to see if I am invited to the launch.

Judging by the efficency of my Audi dealer so far I suspect not as I've heard nothing.

After placing a deposit some time ago I was kept in the dark until a week or so ago when they called to let me know a demo was two weeks away.

No brochure, no info, nothing.

Just asked me to go online and do a spec so they had a figure to work to.

Must be nice to have such a sure thing that people have to pay full price and you can sell them with the minimal amout of work...

• Like 1

Audi's RS range rarely gets discounted to the same level as the mainstream models, so it's unlikely any dealer will offer much, if anything, off a newly launched RS3. Basically, if you don't buy one of their current allocation, they'll be plenty of people that will. Beats being a Vauxhall salesperson for sure!!

Is this the most recent Autocar review? http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/audi/rs3-sportback

I looked at that one but didn't see a date stamp. I figured it was a conservative review (lower stars count than the link I posted) and also refers to one previous encounter in the snow, which isn't the big road test in the link I used. So all in all, I thought the one you showed was probably an earlier impression?

But who knows?

probably someone come to think about it :D

• Like 1

I am waiting to see if I am invited to the launch.

Judging by the efficency of my Audi dealer so far I suspect not as I've heard nothing.

After placing a deposit some time ago I was kept in the dark until a week or so ago when they called to let me know a demo was two weeks away.

No brochure, no info, nothing.

Just asked me to go online and do a spec so they had a figure to work to.

Must be nice to have such a sure thing that people have to pay full price and you can sell them with the minimal amout of work...

They didn't invite you to their RS3 day today?