Audi RS3 2015 -Anticipate some detail on price and spec soon. Delivery due mid 2015

vrskeith

Re the RS4 Avant,

would that be a 4.2 FSI / 450 ps,

maybe at just under £50,000 or just over £57,000 if you are lucky to be able to get one at that price.

Scottish Ultimate Street Car times @ Crail Yesterday.

http://crailraceway.co.uk/dragstripclassres.php

but then one of these is on the options list.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291482675486

A no brainer surely! Unless you really need the space ofc

Re the RS4 Avant,  

would that be a 4.2 FSI / 450 ps,

maybe at just under £50,000 or just over £57,000 if you are lucky to be able to get one at that price.

Scottish Ultimate Street Car times @ Crail Yesterday.

http://crailraceway.co.uk/dragstripclassres.php

My local Audi dealer is currently falling over themselves to try and to sell me one at that price, including a couple of nice options.

They're EOL and they want rid of them, so there are some fantastic deals to be had.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Will they sell you one for around the £38,000 mentioned in your post #360 ?

We haven't got to post #360 yet, have we?

Edit: Ah ha, just gone back and realised it's #350, sorry

Edited by Lady Elanore

Hold the orders for the RS3.  just get a S3 and a APR remap & a Down Pipe and you are a 3.1 Second 0- 100 km.

No idea why Audi did not just do this!

Swearing!!! ALERT.

(no laughing please.)

Edited by goneoffSKi

My 2 pence worth

I've had 2 test drives of the RS3 now just for research purposes you understand and I have to admit, I like this car!

If it wasn't for the Skoda Rapid with a body looks and that silly price tag I would place an order with Audi today. There are a few options which the car benefits from quite a bit 1) WBO Dynamic Pack - £1495.00. 2) C4L 19" x 8.5"J front wheels - £795.00, this seems to help with under-steer quite a bit and also helps with feel.

PS " It's not a hillclimb car" pmsl!

• Like 1

Re post #359; I hope he wasn't auditioning for a Top Gear presenters spot!

Edited by jlwah

Hold the orders for the RS3. just get a S3 and a APR remap & a Down Pipe and you are a 3.1 Second 0- 100 km.

No idea why Audi did not just do this!

Swearing!!! ALERT.

(no laughing please.)

Do you believe that though?

s3 getting 3.2 seconds on budget tyres?

I doubt a GTR would get that with budget tyres? And thats soo much more powerful, better launch, wider tyres etc etc?

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 2

So this is the Base Price* RS3 Configurator package.(*EXCEPT FOR MET PAINT)

I would also like to see a review, based on "base spec"

Deposit shown approx. 16%

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/new-cars/a3/rs3-sportback/finance-and-offers/RS-3-Sportback-retail-finance-offer-q2-april-2015.html

If you have done the deal on an RS3, what have you achieved in your negotiation or are the dealers not budging - or are they offering very good trade-in values.

If you have done the deal on an RS3, what have you achieved in your negotiation or are the dealers not budging - or are they offering very good trade-in values.

My dealer would not budge at all, but they did offer £6,000 more for my A8 than webuyanycar.

However, then things went slightly pear shaped.

Because on the day of the test drive the £6,000 was if they took the car there and then.

If I part exchanged my car when the new car arrived they would depreciate my part exchange and give me less for it.

Waiting time 8-10 weeks.

I have never heard that before in all of the new cars I've bought.

Usually when they give you a PX price it's for when the new car arrives.

Still a good offer though.

If the RS3 had been better with a genuine fun driving experience rather than just being very fast and very grippy, I'd have probably ripped their arm off and handed the A8 over there and then.

• Like 2

I think Dealer margins are so tight, now that we all chat about what discounts are available and we have easy access to Broker prices, that any delay in taking your trade-in and the inherent extra drop in value can seriously hurt them. They probably have very little manufacturer support on the RS3 so profit comes out of their 7% plus a little bit of back-end money (these are approximate guestimates). I traded my old Grand Vitara in recently and it was a month later than we thought for the change over, so if you consider that the car probably lost another £200 (summer not being the optimum time to cash in on a proper little 4x4 off roader) and my haggling of a decent amount on the new car, then £200 pounds can make a big difference. My personal view is we will see more and more of the "we need your car now/within the next month" type of deal being offered. My Suzy dealer said they were looking to the manufacturer for compensation owing to the longer lead time than they were led to believe.

When I sold Nissans, I remember that until you put the order in, you didn't actually have a the foggiest of when the car was due to be built. If you picked a wacky spec the car could take months, or conversely it might come forward to be nearly instant. Tough game selling cars. So many dealers going bust these days :( We used to aim for £650 profit on a new Micra and the Merc dealer I sold my 350 to, showed me some paperwork that seemed to show their profit margin on used Mercs recently averaged out at just under £600 a car after all the necessary work was done (approved whatsits and the customer haggle etc)

• Like 1

Sorry but not getting the violins out for the poor old dealers quite yet I'm afraid

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 2

Bit of an update to me saying the car is too soft.

Audi called me today to say the car I tested and all the local cars at dealers are equipped with the magnetic dampers.

So it's currently not possible to test drive a car with the normal suspension...  got to be some logic there somewhere.

£40k car, but the demo had around £7k of options.

So you test a car in a spec you don't want to buy or expect the car you've ordered to be better than it is?

• Like 1

Audi called me today to say the car I tested and all the local cars at dealers are equipped with the magnetic dampers.

So it's currently not possible to test drive a car with the normal suspension...  got to be some logic there somewhere.

So you test a car in a spec you don't want to buy or expect the car you've ordered to be better than it is?

As I was hinted  above, I would like to test drive side by side Std and upgrade suspension etc.

As I was hinted  above, I would like to test drive side by side Std and upgrade suspension etc.

Yes, I asked to test a car with the standard suspension.

Apparently it's not currently possible.

So it's currently not possible to test drive a car with the normal suspension... got to be some logic there somewhere.

What setting was the suspension on during your test drive?

What setting was the suspension on during your test drive?

I tried it in Comfort and Dynamic.

Both softer than I expected.

Very comfty and still rather comfy.

Yes, I asked to test a car with the standard suspension.

Apparently it's not currently possible.

Boss,

That's the main reason that I have currently delayed my test drive with my friends Audi dealership - he is doing his best to accommodate .

Talking with one of the New owners, having a near std spec against the demo car.